It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When Conspiracy Harms

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   
I think this *might* be in the right place, since this is an experience of mine, related to conspiracies, but not related to a paranormal event. Nevertheless I wanted to share it as food for thought, about how conspiracies can harm the people we care about or even harm us.

I currently have 157 posts on this forum, I believe that 9/11 was a false flag, I believe that we are oppressed in this nation, though not as bad as it could be. I am more concerned with where it will stop, how far it will go, and how many lives may be lost or ruined in the process.

I am also mostly into Esoteric subjects, and post mostly on those subjects. I recently moved in with a guy who said he was a Zen Buddhist and open minded. He claims to be working on a book about Tarot. We are both generally in agreement as to the above things.

However I have recently been looking into Theosophy and Rosicrucianism. As many of you might know, these organizations are sometimes associated with conspiracies about world control and the control of mankind. However, having read volumes of information on both of them I know from what they say that, at least based on what they say, they value freedom, free will and the right to express ourselves however we want as long as it doesn't harm others.

My room mate has, like me, looked into conspiracy theories. He however has come to the conclusion that Theosophy/Rosicrucians/Freemasons are all in the same boat, all part of some world control and oppression, and as a result of that and my looking into what these groups are about (only looking mind you, not even joining, and I've looked into Ashrams and Zen Temples as well!) he is kicking me out of the house. He is actually in violation of Federal Law, which I'm going to inform him about today, but thats not the point of my post. He believes basically that there should be no government at all, no authority at all, and men should be self governed. I agree that its a great ideal, but the reason we have government is because we have civilization. I tried to explain to him how civilization forms as a result of agriculture, and how government is created initially small as a means to maintain a small town and make choices for that town that influence everyone, and how its just gotten out of control. However he doesn't understand what I mean.

The point is that conspiracy, and the FEAR it generates, has caused him to do an evil thing. He is violating my First Amendment Rights and my Civil Rights, furthermore he is passing judgment on me, claiming my "heart is not in the right place" despite the fact that I have studied far, far, far more of the Esoteric than he has and have actually experienced levels of reality he doesn't even yet know exist. Because of this however, I cannot remain ignorant as to why hes doing this, I know perfectly well what psychological impulses are going into his decision, as well as the physical and mental limitations hes working within during this life and how those are challenging for him. He himself doesn't know this though, and feels he is in the right. Sadly ,he actually thinks his fear based decision is rooted in an intuition from his higher self, not understanding that I know, because I have experienced, Unity with that Higher Self and the Unity with all Life. The Higher Self only sends impulses of Wisdom, Understanding, Unity and Love. Even when it chastises our actions it won't send waves of fear, but rather waves of Understanding and a Teaching of Wisdom to help us avoid ever doing those things again.

Conspiracy can turn against us, and cause us to turn against the people close to us. In fact any strong belief can do this, especially beliefs rooted in fears. Furthermore, as in this example, his judgment of me as being or seeking to be part of the oppressive powers that be, in that very same moment he became like them, violating my Constitutional Rights and basically acting like a tyrant. This, my brothers and sisters IS the power of evil, to turn us into what we most fear and hate. This, my brothers and sisters, IS the meaning of "Judge not, lest ye be judged".

My heart aches for him, and I am going to try to reason with him once again today. Beware when accepting the theories put forth on these forums, lest they begin to influence your interaction in daily life, lest they make you bigoted and closed minded. Lest, rather than freeing your mind with truth, they enslave it with blind, fear based beliefs.

Peace.
edit on 2011/10/28 by Seventhdoor because: words

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seventhdoor

Conspiracy can turn against us, and cause us to turn against the people close to us. In fact any strong belief can do this, especially beliefs rooted in fears.

I think you said a lot right there..

I know what you're saying, as I've seen it effect (though not substantially) certain relationships of my own, but we can't hold the irrationalism of people against the truth itself. That might sound religious or something, but that's really what it comes down to. People will act how they will in any circumstance, and while the subjects discussed on this website are often controversial and cause heated debate, it's no reason to shy from seeking the truth.
edit on 28-10-2011 by bacci0909 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   
I completely agree. Most of this world is irrational, identifying with one group or another doesn't change that fact.

new topics

join