It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Georgia mayor arrested in FBI child sex Internet sting

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Threegirls

I'm so sorry to hear that. That's another aspect of it....the consequences go way beyond the perpetrator and the victim...it affects the friends and family on both sides as well. I wish you didn't have to deal with it at all..
edit on 10/28/2011 by StealthyKat because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by StealthyKat

Indeed and thank you.

The devastating affects are something inescapable, a fact which I believe every perpetrator of the crime realizes.
The important thing is always to protect the children. I don't much care what tactics are used to catch those who have the urge to use children in this way.

A Mayor who does this should see the full force of justice. When people in a position of great trust have this harmful inclination, it is shocking for a whole community and everyone who has been in contact with the person is affected to some degree. It seems that they believe themselves above the law and beyond suspicion.

The sad truth is that some of these people really seem to believe their own BS and think the children enjoy it and it is about love. They must face the truth about their depravity. Being a victim of abuse in the past is no excuse and does not make the crime any more forgivable. There needs to be an end to victim mentality of the perpetrators of this crime.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Threegirls

Right you are....MANY people were abused as children and don't grow up to molest or in any other way hurt a child...or anyone else for that matter. So that exuse to me is BS. That is just something defense attorneys use to try and get their clients off the hook.

<< 1  2   >>

join