It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China steps up preparation for U.S. conflict

page: 1

join
share:
AF1

posted on Apr, 8 2003 @ 09:23 PM
link   
www.worldnetdaily.com...

China's leaders believe they must step up Beijing's efforts in preparation for eventual confrontation with the United States sooner rather than later because of America's overwhelming technological military success in the war in Iraq, according to Asia experts and analysts.

A precursor of what is to come?

posted on Apr, 8 2003 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Probably not, the Russians did the same thing after the 1st Gulf War.

They realized their strategies and weapons were completely useless, and that USA could basically take Moscow tomorrow if they wanted to.

China probably realizes the same thing and is using the USA as a model for what they must achieve to be "safe".

posted on Apr, 8 2003 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Pffftt ... I think they're planning something. I mean ... what leader in their right mind would allow his people to screw like rabbit's ?? I think they've been doing that just to get enough troop's to take over the world!

posted on Apr, 8 2003 @ 09:49 PM
link   
no chance. china has relaxed their economic controls in
certain places, they've joined major global trade organizations, they are one of five permament u.n. security council members, etc, etc.

once iraq is tamed, north korea will take center stage, and the u.s. would love to benefit from the fact that china still speaks the same ideological language - sort of - and has an inside channel and the confidence of
the north korean megalomaniac to make the kind of
impression u.s. officals cannot.

besides, north korean officials have always indicated a
tendency to negotiate, and follow through on their
agreements, although their commitments tend to
sputter if jolted in the slighted way (thank you bush 2.0 for your 'axis of evil' inanities).

posted on Apr, 8 2003 @ 09:50 PM
link   
If every person in china picked up a Gun they would out number us 3 to 1.... how the hell can you beat that...Oh With a Nuclear Bomb

posted on Apr, 8 2003 @ 09:57 PM
link   
We can beat them without a Nuclear bomb.

1) Mobility beats numbers
2) They may have a lot of people, but without MASSIVE imports they can barely feed their people, to think that they could supply more than 100million troops with all that they need, for an invasion further than India, is rediculous. They know to win a World War they must beat Europe and America, to do so means a smaller more elite Army, because they can't afford a Soviet tactic.

And e-nonymous, don't you know anything? China has the world's highest curbing rate on reproduction.

America's birth rate is higher than China's, by about 1% (every % means the nation's population doubles every multiple of 70 years, so America's near 2.8% means 70/2.8...China's is about 1%)

posted on Apr, 8 2003 @ 10:02 PM
link   
War with China is very simple.

Don't buy anything made in China.

Don't sell them any of our food!

If the US heartland gets nuked the world will starve.

posted on Apr, 8 2003 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Quite frankly China is incapable of projecting significant power outside their boarders. They couldn't attack the US unless they used ICBM's.
I would expect that they will concentrate on stealing US military tehnology and dump some more money into the PLA.

As for NK, they have always shown a desire to push the US and SK when the US is otherwise engaged in military conflict. Just look at the USS Peublo or the 4 US boarder guards who were hacked to death. You can't blame Bush for calling a spade a spade.

posted on Apr, 8 2003 @ 10:15 PM
link   
While it is *possible* that China is in fact preparing for war against the US, I kind of doubt it now.

For one thing, China has a firm grip on N Korea, which I believe is why NK has been so bellicose to us lately. Because NK has nukes and is playing the part of loose cannon on deck to a T, we are diverting much of the attention away from China as a threat.

Also, it is very interesting that just prior to the war, the space shuttle was brought down, apparently from a scalar weapon based in China, likely as a warning to the US against this war. Then, just as the war starts up, SARS pops up in China, and is apparently a much bigger killer than first reported, and is still being underreported by the Chinese (see link)

www.time.com...

Hmmm.... SARS is obviously taking a hell of a toll on Asian countries... it is also starting to affect western nations, but the death rate is considerably lower than what it seems to be in Asia....

I would be very interested to see a racial breakdown of the patients that come down with SARS, and those that actually die of it.

It is known that the US and Israel both worked on genetically targetted viral weapons, IE, viruses that targetted a specific genetic population. Israel in particular was interested in a weapon that would specifically target Arab people and leave caucasians alone.

I am wondering if this is something that the CIA let loose in China as retaliation for Columbia?

In any event, the military buildup in China could also be a diversionary tactic to divert attention away from the mishandling of SARS

posted on Apr, 8 2003 @ 10:31 PM
link   
SARS only has a mortality rate of 5%, therefore I doubt it is a weapon. As for more Asian deaths than caucasian - this is probaly due to the superior health care in Western countries.

The is a thread on race weapons in ATS:

xmb.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 8 2003 @ 10:40 PM
link   
SARS only has a mortality rate of 5%, therefore I doubt it is a weapon. As for more Asian deaths than caucasian - this is probaly due to the superior health care in Western countries. Posted by Mad Scientist

This is very true, in terms of the mortality rate. I would contend that this lends itself very well to a "low level" bioweapon for that very reason. Consider, it takes considerably more time, effort, manpower, and resources to care for the sick and injured than it does to deal with the dead.

A widespread, highly contagious disease that rarely kills, but makes victims exceedingly sick, requiring extensive hospital care would be much more effective in tying up national health care resources, and economical resources as well. It also ties up considerable non-medical manpower as well, when you begin to implement widespread curfews/quarantines (which China is starting to do).

There is also the other economic impacts, such as loss of business when people are spooked and dont come out to do business (which is precisely what is happening).

There is also the psychological effects: The vast majority of the population is afraid to leave their homes for fear of catching the disease. The majority of the population losses faith in national medical care because it is obvious there is nothing they can do to prevent the disease. The majority of the population also losses faith in public information when it becomes clear that they have been lied to extensively (again, exactly what is happening in China)

Its called scalability of conflict. This is currently low level, but still effective.

posted on Apr, 8 2003 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Good points dragonrider. I had another theory about SARS - could it be a possible repurcussion of the infamous Japanese Unit 731 biowarfare unit. Apparently plague and other nasties still break out in N.China where General Shiro Ishii and his coherts experimented on the local Chinese popuation. Just before the fall of Pingfan, the Japs released all their animals infected with various agents into the country side.
So could SARS be a result of some experiment or agent released during the war ?

Tell me do you think that Foot and Mouth was deliberately released in England as a weapon in economic warfare. I noticed it also broke out in Argentina at roughly the same time.

posted on Apr, 8 2003 @ 11:05 PM
link   
could it be a possible repurcussion of the infamous Japanese Unit 731 biowarfare unit.

Very true, I really didnt even think of Unit 731. I didnt know that the Japanese had released thier test animals, I thought it had been captured intact by allied forces and was taken apart, much like the German labs in Project Paperclip.

I was unaware of related diseases breaking out on a regular basis, although I had heard of repeated disease outbreaks likely (at least publicy) due to mutagens with mainly aquatic birdlife (this is likely due to the close relationship in China between the humans and farm animals, combined with poor sanitation).

I do find is suspicious that a disease from this unit would resurface 50 years after the fact without some form of help.

Economic terrorism certainly did cross my mind with foot and mouth, as well as the Mad Cow disease. If so, since it obviously devastated the UK cattle industry, who are the likely perpetrators?

posted on Apr, 9 2003 @ 12:52 AM
link   
OK a couple of bits of silliness to get rid of: the Chinese may, or may not, copulate like rabbits; but they certainly do not reproduce in a leporine fashion.
China has a rigidly enforced �one child� family: concessions are made only if a huge amount of extra tax is paid. My work every day brings me into contact with very affluent Chinese whose �guan xi� ( pronounce �shee�) - the uniquely Chinese blend of "clout" "pull" muscle" and ""influence" -is big: they have access to large amounts of hard currency! Almost without exception they are one-child families.

Next: food. China is more than capable of feeding itself: indeed it produces too much food and is therefore constantly at loggerheads with the Japs over export regulations. It is also having to address over-production of certain foodstuffs, notably wheat. When China was short of wheat tax-incentives were offered: the rascally Chiense peasants therefore turned to massive wheat cultivation.
Don�t believe me (much as I generally deprecate Ctrl+V) here is the USDA �as of now -

�For a country with nearly 1.3 billion consumers and limited natural resources, China�s level of food imports is surprisingly low. China is nearly self-sufficient in food and is a major net exporter of many food products, including manufactured food and beverages, animal products, vegetables, fish and seafood, tea, and fruits (table B-2). China�s agricultural exports go primarily to neighboring Asian countries, including Japan and South Korea, which are also among the top markets for U.S. agricultural products.
China first, America second
Food share of exports Percent 6 8
Food share of imports Percent 4 5�

As you�ll see, China imports less food than the US (as a percentage of imports) � and remember that much of this would be termed �medicine� elsewhere � and exports 75% as much

A little more verbatim from the Department of Agriculture.

�Food insecurity, however, is not a problem for most of China�s population. China�s per capita food supply, measured by calories per person per day, was 8 percent above the world average in 1999 (fig. B-2). Famine and food insecurity were common in China�s past, but food consumption and food availability have soared since economic reforms began in the late 1970s.�

OK that's settled now: now on to North Korea.

[Edited on 9-4-2003 by Estragon]

posted on Apr, 9 2003 @ 01:01 AM
link   
And for the millionth time: it is Russia that has the clout in NK: not China. China's military expenditure has been shrinking significantly, annually, since Deng began the process.
It has a volunteer-army, quite small as a percentage of population and its stance is rigidly defensive.
China's overwhelming ambition is economic progress: its goal is to pass the $US 3,000 per capita mark: this is repeated at every level, daily.
China has known since Mao that it cannot lose a defensive war - short of Armageddon - and China is only concerned with places and people Chinese: they'll never let up on Taiwan.
They really couldn't care less about America except as a market.

posted on Apr, 9 2003 @ 02:56 AM
link   
I'd like to believe that, but the White Papers I read a few years agon led me to believe otherwise. Also, they train as though we are the enemy. That is a little disconcerting.

posted on Apr, 9 2003 @ 04:09 AM
link   
Check out North Koreas latest threats to Japan ahead of the U.N conference.

news.bbc.co.uk...

China seems to be on the North's side in its condemnation of 'U.N interference' instead of direct talks with Washington.
So does Russia...

"Russia has also warned of the potentially destabilising effect of a Security Council discussion.

Alexander Losyukov, in charge of Asian affairs at the Russian foreign ministry, said relations between the US and North Korea needed to be fixed, before involving the UN."

Another example of Washington having no grasp of International relations?
Or bellicose Bs from the communist chums?

top topics

join