It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Occupy can take over the world

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   
1. Each local occupy needs to create a possible agenda and a very detailed budget to fulfill that agenda.
2. Regional and Global occupy organizations do the same.
3. Occupy creates a website that allows people to vote on items (local, regional, and global) for the agenda.
4. Allow people to donate money to local, regional, or global occupy, with their money spread out using default proportions set by occupy.
5. Allow people explicitly override those proportions with their own forcing some minimum for each item.
5. Request that each member participates in whatever local,regional,or global items on the agenda that pass the vote.

We know that new technology allows for a better form of government where each individual has an equal say.
We know the world governments refuse to apply this technology to increase the efficiency of government.

However, and here is the point, the longer they drag their feet, the more exposed they become to a more efficient competitor.

Maybe we don't need to overthrow the government. We need to compete with them and take their customers.

We can use something like community internet service(5$ a month high speed) to get the ball rolling locally. Who wouldn't vote for that?

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Revolutions, like trees, must be judged by their fruit
edit on 28-10-2011 by SirMike because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by GalacticJoe

There already is such is a system. I guess your not really in the movement, but rather an outside observer that thinks they know better without having a clue as to what is actually happening. I suggest you go to the creators and organizers at www.adbusters.org... than you can do the very things you listed along with the 1000 other volunteers that are already doing this.

Ask about stage 1 - stage 2 - stage 3 - stage 4, after your foots in the door.

edit on 28-10-2011 by DrunkNinja because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by DrunkNinja

Awesome. I don't see a website there that allows me to vote on and explicitly fund local, regional, and global issues.

If what you say is true, then I am very excited about the potential of the movement.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Yea occupy can sure use some goals organization solutions planning manners consideration nd the very least the minimum knowledge of what they are protesting as of right now the broken movement is not my cup . They need more then leadership

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Unless the protestors are ready to respond when the state takes this to the next level using force then it's will die a death and anyone that started this that didn't think the Mafia state would resort to killing people to protect the bankers ready has not been paying attention when the tax payers have been forced to bail the banker out.

Forget protecting the people, it's all about bribes and protecting the bankers and corporations that pays those bribes and nothing, but nothing should get in the way.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Didn't the soviets try this a while back?

Just sayin'
edit on 28-10-2011 by beezzer because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by seedofchucky

Well, that is kind of my point. Occupy need not take a stance on any particular issue. Occupy only needs one stance.

1. We can create a better voting system than currently exists.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
Didn't the soviets try this a while back?

Jut sayin'

And that went swimmingly.....

because you had to swim through the blood.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Sounds good on paper but I sure don't want
King George Soros

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Could you please forward that website to the protesters , they seemed to have missed the memo . Please get some of these protesters a clue on what the protests are about. Seems to be a free for all liberal hippies ideology rant when questioned . Even though most of it is contradictory . Can the protesters least get the education part before chanting and ranting about corruption? Please forward that website to them nd help them answer questions when asked what they are protesting? I feel so ashamed them nd embarrassed . It's basically lime the ignorant trolls of the Internet started the ows movement . I only say this by the responses I have heard from them. Please help them

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by GalacticJoe

So you want the same ignorance in ows tO vote on social issues? To get what ignorant outcomes? No thnx we already have enough of that with regular voters today. Step one is to fight ignorance in ows step two would be to then work on educating the masses then we can make more rational choices . Please don't feed the trolls they only reproduce to make more trolls. Ignorance is the problem nd ows is prime example of what happens when YouTube researchers want to protest. It's an ignorant mess

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by seedofchucky

I have tried to assist where possible, and I do see your point. Many people have their own ideas about the occupy "protest" and many have large misconceptions. I will try once to break it down for them, and for you.

* I am not affiliated with ad busters nor do I personally know any member, this writing is merely the product of personal research in the matter directly from its sources. From what I've gathered ....

The protest is an awareness campaign created by an anti-capitalism group to further their goals in minimizing the power of the corporation in all areas of your daily life. They do not wish to see the corporation control a government as this is a fast road to fascism, nor do they want the corporation to be valued over citizens in any courtroom or legal proceeding. They also obviously do not want society brain washed with advertising, hence the title Ad Busters.

The awareness campaign is meant to effect every person across the globe, and has achieved this goal with the evidence clearly shown in the news, the water cooler at work, and on this very forum. This awareness campaign is being measured as any campaign is, and is only one stage in a greater production. The people at the core of its creation are battling a myriad of issues that have been thrown into the works, including the multiple attempts at momentum shifting by other movements, political ideology's, and people that have somehow decided to take it upon themselves to start their own websites, and organize voting as well as become "leaders," and "official sources"

The creators are extremely organized individuals, and have a set agenda that is less a list of demands, as they are not expecting any "demand" to be met, but rather a road map on how to repair a system that has obviously gone off the rails. This road map will include legal actions that will be in response to many of the items listed in the general outline off 22 problems. I seriously shouldn't have to link this, but ... not the original list but close. coupmedia.org...

When these legal actions are brought to the forefront, there will be an audience that is paying attention, that may not let the actions die. This is a pressure tactic to get the whole world watching, and then ask for true action on the issues. The lawyers are ready, the media is ready, and the people are ready its just a matter of the filings and the execution of the campaign being streamlined to take into account the myriad of unexpected new developments.

This is not over, it has just begun.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   

I think you should take the time to learn the difference between capitalism nd corportizm .

Your making the same ignorant rant like alot of the ows does.

This is exactly the ignorance I'm talking about

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   
The protest are not going to end, neither they will be stopped, once people starts to wake up and realized the scam that our governments has been running with our nations wealth and the future of our children for generations to come.

Wait when the Euphoria of the latest ponzi scheme alias bailout to the EU goes away and the people realized what the scam entitles to their way of living because the gambles of global finances can not stop their gambling addiction.

Things are going to get worst, for everybody including us in the mighty US.

The markets are not what it seems since they became and electronic hoax.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   

I understand the motives for these "demands" but it is completely useless to enact legislation or create more regulations. Unless you remove the apparatus of control, it won't go away. More legislation, more regulation has only acted as gasoline for this inferno.

Take away the vastness and the overarching power of the federal government. I understand that on the surface, people see the federal gov't and big business as enemies. In fact, they are not only allies but they are co-dependent. Like the original siamese twins. If you kill the one, you kill the other.

It is not a coincidence that big government and big business have the same historical arch or that they grew at the exact same exponential level.

Demand #1 should be to end the Federal Reserve System. A simple constitutional challenge should suffice. The paid for courts may balk at first, but this is actually an item that has received a bit of bipartisan support (Sanders, Both Pauls, Kucinich). Start here. Legislation and regulation are just a booby trap covered in flowers and candy.
edit on 28-10-2011 by radosta because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-10-2011 by radosta because: sp sp

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by radosta

Like the original siamese twins. If you kill the one, you kill the other.

Exactly what the heart is, and it should be clear to seed of chucky how this is anti capitalism now.
edit on 28-10-2011 by DrunkNinja because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by seedofchucky

I think you should take the time to learn the difference between capitalism nd corportizm .

Your making the same ignorant rant like alot of the ows does.

This is exactly the ignorance I'm talking about

You want to try to point out what you find ignorant about it ? Go ahead, and insult, but lets see you attach those insults to proper backing, and show me whats ignorant. Capitalism, and corporatism are a skipping stone from each other, and if you had a clue than you would clearly see this. You would also be able to put 2, and 2 together, and see that the end result, an well as the creation off is anti capitalist.

Too bad your so close minded, and uneducated.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   
I don't actually see any discussion about the core idea of direct democracy and how the current government becomes more exposed as communication progresses.

Perhaps I should have titled the post
How Google can take over the world to avoid the emotional attachments. Google Democracy, join today and shape your community.

I am talking about taking over a government from a technical perspective, and not an emotional one. I believe there is a potential for this using new technology that did not exists 20 years ago.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by radosta
Demand #1 should be to end the Federal Reserve System. A simple constitutional challenge should suffice.

If it's so simple, how come it hasn't been done yet? The FRS has been around for 98 years, certainly that is enough time for someone to mount a simple constitutional challenge. In that time we've seen Brown v. Board of Education, Roe v. Wade, and Hamdan v. Rumsfeld, so it's not like the Supreme Court is unwilling to take up controversial topics.

The paid for courts may balk at first, but this is actually an item that has received a bit of bipartisan support (Sanders, Both Pauls, Kucinich). Start here.

The courts are nominally nonpartisan, and judges are appointed for life, so they don't really care what legislators think they should decide.

new topics

top topics

join