It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sleeping, isn't it sometimes a scary thought?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Falling asleep means you have no control of your body for the next say 6 to 10 hours (generally 8)
10, 20, 30, 50, 70 years into your life and you're so used to sleeping sometimes you trust it too much.
Anyone sometimes not trust their sleep?

If so, why?
I live with my parents and as far as i know i trust them, considering when i was a helpless infant they cleaned my poop =P
But what about new people? What about a new rooming house?
New neighborhood, even new doctor results?

Anyone stay up at night or just sometimes double think going to sleep?

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Try sleeping in jail and trusting it then!

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Anttyk47

Anyone stay up at night or just sometimes double think going to sleep?

There have been times in my life..I avoided sleep do to the terrible nightmares I would have.

I developed a fear of losing my conscious control , and having to deal with negative and fear filled dreams.

Thankfully this has passed, but I understand when others fight sleep due to this fear and loss of control.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by chrismicha77
Try sleeping in jail and trusting it then!

Another thing!

Your cell mate is x2 your size and has been friendly... for the most part.

--

Another addition, i hope everyone sleeps well tonight!

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Actually sleep is lovely...have some kids and you will find that you don't sleep so deep really. They are a great alarm clock. My eldest wakes so early I never have to worry about being late...except on those rare occasions he is as quiet as a mouse in the morning(like this morning) My 1 and 2 years old wake me several times a night. So I always make sure to do an alien, shadow creature, zombie, robber, rapist, kidnapper sweep. I even take a moment to scan the sky for alien crafts.

So no I am not afraid to sleep, sleep is a luxury around here and if I die in my sleep how wonderful to go out dreaming. Being awake is stressful.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   

I don't like to sleep. I only sleep 3-4 hours a night and my body has adjusted to it. I've been this way for a long time now. My body always fights sleep, it takes me a long time to fall asleep. I also know slot of people who are just like me.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   
try spending time in a war zone or working rotations in an a hospital.. you will treasure what little sleep you can get..and learn to sleep in some damned odd places along the way.. ahh to sleep perchance to dream..

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Sometimes I'm afraid of sleeping. I mean, now you're here, but when you fall asleep you'll be somewhere else and you won't remember anything. The dream becomes your reality and you forget about everything that had happened before. (Except when you have lucid dreams)

That scares me, losing control of my reality. That's why I started looking into lucid dreaming so I would be able to tell the difference between one reality and the other, and be prepared.

But I'm not afraid of someone coming into my room, though. I make sure to lock the door and my family doesn't have any reason to come in. Not to mention that with all the junk spread on my floor they would make a hell of a noise to reach my bed

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   
I believe that sleep is a involuntary, mandatory rest for our soul that propels a human brain to project and perceive the illusion we all like to call being "Awake" I also believe that everything that we experience through meditation and sleep is a deeper intellect to which we really are.

Its a shame that "work" is so important to big outfits and that we don't depend on sleep like we should. It is a practice that will keep us to know what is "REAL" and "Who we really are." Sometimes when I go to rest my eyes, I don't quite know if I want to open them again, to see the world in shambles as it is.

Some of the dreams I have though are very disturbing, I can't wait to return for imagination, wether true or not to this world, sometimes seems safer than what dreams may come, ( as whatever it is you dream of) May peace always travel through your loving soul, and heart

Much Love,

Rest and Dream while you still can, Some may want to take these rights from you soon!

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   
I

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   

When I was little I used to be afraid to fall asleep. Sleep can be a very scary thought. As you said you have no control over anything and just lay there defensless for an open amount of time. I used to think about how terrified I was of the monster that was definitely in my closet, but even more terrified that as soon as I lay there sleeping I was done for. Another thing that scared me was not understanding sleep. Why do we need sleep? What are dreams? What happens to us when we sleep? All of these things kept me up for nights on end growing up. And probably still would if I let myself dwell on all the questions.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by usmc0311

Right there with you. I have the love of my life and a baby to take care of. By the time they get to sleep I only have a few hours to myself to work on everything else I need to get done. All by being up early for work in the morning. 3 to 4 hours is what I usually get at best. Lots of rockstar energy drinks and five hour energy shots are to thank for this lifestyle!

new topics

top topics

join