It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Swarm of Earthquakes in Arkansas.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   
I'm working on it. Something to fill in this opening. But I fear hestiation will slow the spread of this situation. There. I started. I'll post this brief opening. And let you have at it. There is an awesome new song that was just posted on Quake Watch 2011. I hope someone posts it immediately. I rocking out to it. But I'm old. Get it I'm rocking out to it. I'm not being dismissive of my own topic. I'm laughing so I don't cry.

Here's the big bad chart. I don't like it one bit. Also there's quakes in Oklahoma. Fracking.

Maybe all this is nothing. Just left over quakes from the last swarm. I'm not at my best.
So, post some stuff. and get people talking.
i'd stop if i could

folkworm.ceri.memphis.edu...

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   
booo

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by theovermensch

booo?you mean buuu!!m

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   
As requested Robin

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by theovermensch

Here's a good webicorder page to get a look at the activty. These are microquakes. Supposedly 2.5M and under. There's been 9 this morning. Ten or eleven in the last 24 hours. My arm is hurting from too much typing.

I've got my GEE running to watch. I hate GEE. But. I'm watching them all. Well, need a break. Trying not to fearmonger. But I'm freaked. Could be nothing.

Seasons Greetings.
It's nearly Halloween.
Maybe that's why I'm so spooked.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by PuterMan

Even when we fight. I love you puterman.

You know I'm not nuts right. You know something's brewing, right? Or is it my imagination.
Let me as you a direct question. Do you think the fact is 10 miles long, or longer?

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Robin Marks

((((HUGS)))) Robin and I will be spreading this video asap. Thank you so much for your dedication!!! Don't worry....I am sure it is nothing to worry about but we must remain aware. I cant deny I am concerned over this mornings swarm but who knows... ya know. We have no idea when the bigger one will come and all we can do is remain alert.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   
How much damage from the swarm?

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by underdogradio

I dought anyone even felt a thing.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by chrismicha77

They are being felt.... I have been picking things up off of the floor several times this morning.

My dogs have been freaked out since 7am, and even my birds are alerting to the shakes.

www.iris.washington.edu...
edit on 28-10-2011 by dragonlover12 because: added line

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Last spring I wrote a light-hearted song on the result of fracking in Arkansas:

Fracking (There ought to be a Law)

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by underdogradio
How much damage from the swarm?

Well that would depend on which angle you want to look from.

Seriously....how much damage is man made and how much is natural?

The swarms are not a good sign as fracking indeed continues.

The Earthquakes themselves may be barely felt right now with no damage.

The Earth's plates in this area is damaged and when it reaps what has been (man made) sowed we will all wish we had done more to get the word out that fracking has to end and we have to allow this area to try and heal before we awake the fault and this may already be happening as it continues to cracka lack.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   

WHAR.AG.00.HHZ

I think you forgot the webicorder link.

Edit to make this one work for any day.

edit on 28/10/2011 by PuterMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by pls8xx

Last spring I wrote a light-hearted song on the result of fracking in Arkansas:

Fracking (There ought to be a Law)

Oh I love the smiles...you are just all smiles. Love it!!

Now I am no big fan of country even though I live in Music City but I do love this as it has much meaning and soul to it.

There ought to be a law....but we know we don't have the money for that one to be passed. The big boys have more money and this is where evil resides(money). Money is the root and it grows and manifests until everything is based on it. They are a bunch of frackers!!!

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   
S&F Robin. I'll be watching. What area are you concerned about? Just Arkansas or a larger area?

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by underdogradio

These are microquakes. So far, under 3 M. The magnitude is not the concern. According to Scott Ausbrooks from the USGS, if a full rupture to occur on the fault which is current active, would be up to a 6 on the Richer Scale.

The real concern is the fracking and the waste water injection that has caused this swarm. This is not a natural occurence. These earthquakes are man made.

Here's article where Scott Ausbrooks decribes range of maximum magnitudes.

abcnews.go.com...

www.youtube.com...

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Do you think the fact is 10 miles long, or longer?

The fault probably is longer as you have said but I have to be honest and say I have not looked at it in depth. Right where these quake are happening there seem to be 2 old pads but it is 2009 imagery. Could they be injecting waste again?

It seems somewhat suspicious that these should suddenly start up.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by StealthyKat

I think the less I say the better. I am starting this thread because this is news. It's a new swarm. I think people should be paying attention and talking about what's happening in Arkansas. I think you, and anyone who has read my rantings, knows that I think this is a disaster waiting to happen. So, I'll leave it there. There is also Oklahoma to notice this morning.

I want that song to be heard.
I want people to know it's not just your water catching on fire that you have to worry about.
Fracking causes earthquakes.

It's caused a dozen in the last 24 hours or so.
I gotta go for a walk.

are you fear mongering robin?
i must be
because my alarms bells are ringing and i'm trying to rattle people

is it justifiable?
i think so.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   
I do not remember which topic it was on, but someone had posted a link where you could figure what was on the opposite side of the globe from the quakes. If I recall, there were some quakes that had quakes opposite them. I was thinking of the quakes in Turkey and others, Iran, etc.

I have been watching these, and the ones recently in CA. It just seems since the large quake in Turkey and the aftershocks the action has seemed to step up everywhere else.

And no, I am in no way discounting the cracking theory as that def contributes in certain areas.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Thank you for replying and the information. I used to work for the USGS and also the USDA Soil conservation. I saw the title of earthquake swarms and came running. I was surprised at first because I have my filters set for 4.0 and above and haven't received any alerts. I didn't realize this was only about hydraulic fracturing, sorry.

Someone mentioned country music, yuck! The Blues baby, just the Blues.

edit on 28-10-2011 by underdogradio because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join