It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wanted: Former Soviet citizens..

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Not really sure where this will lead, but more and more I have been wishing i could talk to someone from the former USSR who lived there post collapse.

I feel that you are the most important people to listen too..

What nation did you come from?
What food did you eat, how did you get it?
Were guns hard to get?
what was "money"?

How hard was it to join a gang post-collapse?
How far along did the collapse get before 10% figured it out? before everyone else did?
was it ever announced?

you are more than welcome to add pics..

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by rebeldog

In soviet USSR, pics add you.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   
I was born in the USSR, but i was brought here to the US when I was 13. I can try and answer some of your question, i have family in my house that can answer the others.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   
THE EXCHANGE RATE OF RUBLES FOR DOLLARS has skyrocketed from 30 rubles to the dollar at the time of the August 1991 coup to now over 500 rubles. So things are bad all over and the change in Russia to "democracy" has done nothing but hurt, it made billionaires of certain individuals but left the common worker out to dry. In the days of the USSR getting good food was not hard where i was born, we had goats and chickens and this was only 25 miles outside Moscow. Did you think that Communism was always where everyone eating dirt for meals? I hate to say but things where better before the coup.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   
LOL. "What was money"? Do you thinking that people where trading rocks in the USSR? It is called the Ruble. Just like America dollar. You do not have guns in USSR LOL!! What do you mean "gang"? Like rap singer gang? People in Russia do not act like American gangers, we do have mafia, it is called BRATVA in Russia. You would never see them with their pants hanging down low and all that stuff though.LOL.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by discharged77

Im not that naive. I knew there was money..I mean this as something that pre-collapse was cheap and plentiful but then became rare and valuable..

Also, the gang thing.. what i mean is it was told to us americans that the criminal gangs were the only ones who had any form of quality of life and everyone else was digging for roots, prostituting and/or begging for a meal.

I actually have no idea of accurate potrayals and am trying to figure out what to do..\

also the questions about when people caught on to the collapse..was it pretty well known upfront or was the majority shocked and surprised?

What % of people do YOU think wish things had stayed USSR style? whatever that means..

new topics

top topics

join