It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Flier at Occupy Phoenix asks, “When should you shoot a cop?”

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Found by a Maricopa County Sheriff's Deputy at an Occupy Phoenix event in Cesar Chavez Park.

Link to the flier

Pick any example of abuse of power, whether it is the fascist “war on drugs,” the police thuggery that has become so common, the random stops and searches now routinely carried out in the name of “security” (e.g., at airports, “border checkpoints” that aren’t even at the border, “sobriety checkpoints,” and so on), or anything else. Now ask yourself the uncomfortable question: If it is wrong for cops to do these things, doesn’t that imply that the people have a right to RESIST such actions? Of course, state mercenaries don’t take kindly to being resisted, even non-violently. If you question their right to detain you, interrogate you, search you, invade your home, and so on, you are very likely to be tasered, physically assaulted, kidnapped, put in a cage, or shot. If a cop decides to treat you like livestock, whether he does it “legally” or not, you will usually have only two options: submit, or kill the cop. You can’t resist a cop “just a little” and get away with it. He will always call in more of his fellow gang members, until you are subdued or dead.
Basic logic dictates that you either have an obligation to LET “law enforcers” have their way with you, or you have the right to STOP them from doing so, which will almost always require killing them. (Politely asking fascists not to be fascists has a very poor track record.)

Naturally, some are going to think this is a plant designed to incriminate the OWS movement. Some are going to read this and agree that LEO’s are legitimate targets. Others, like myself, see this as an indicator of the violent Marxist mob mentality that permeates the OWS movement. They want their free ponies, after all, and no one dare stand in their way.
So what do you all think?

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   
when its self defence obviously

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by SirMike

whats more interesting, why is it a PDF on clear channels site?

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by sicksonezer0

It was a tip sent to a local radio show, he put the document up on a CC server.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   
If people start shooting cops then the whole movement will stop gaining momentum. That would be the worst mistake possible.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by SirMike

Sadly it's best to live to fight another day..
Resisting a cop will only get you shot by another cop..

But what is written is mostly true...

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by SirMike

Naturally, some are going to think this is a plant designed to incriminate the OWS movement.

Bingo. I'd like to see footage of people actually advocating this and handing this flyer out, because they should all be arrested for inciting violence.

Now I wonder what completely unbiased person without an agenda sent this "tip" in.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   
I don't see this as an attitude of the entire movement... There are bad apples in the movement just like everything else including the police..

The protests generally have been peaceful.... right up until cops show up in riot gear..

No I don't think the OWS protesters should start shooting, but I think they should be able to defend themselves from being beaten half to death with a baton..

Just saying..

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   
You can citizen arrest a cop that have acted violently for no reason
then you demand to exchange the cop for 1000 protesters who got arrested

if you start shooting cops .. then you are NO better then them
even if its for self defense

if you really really need to shot to save a life... then shoot him in the leg

and arrest him later while taking care of his wound

This revolution will only be won by peace
if people start shooting the riot cops ..
it will give the government the perfect reason to massacre everyone that dont want to move

This flier is higly suspect
no OWS protester will come out with this kind of though
only people that want to stop the protect

ITS A PLOT dont listen to this flier .. listen to your heart
edit on 10/28/2011 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Well no one should be surprised at transference of psychopathy among a group. Every police and military organization since time began has done this. Its the psychopath at the top that has control. The actions you see on a daily basis such as shooting citizens in the head with 40mm launchers is just their mirror. you see the leader.

This is the same as street gangs. To be a member in good standing you must exhibit the psychopathic behavior of your leader. If he kills and tortures to keep his drug trade then the member must as well. Only the member does it without knowing why. just because thats the way it is.

I think the real issue is who and what is driving the protests. That leader is the one who determines the psychopathic behavior of OWS. As long as they stay in the shadows they have zero control over these 2000+ protests. when there is no control, minor psychopaths will attempt to feel things out so they may see if they can rise to power.

Clearly this is the creator of the flier. A minor looking for a major slot.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   
I suppose the obvious answer these days is... "before he shoots you?"

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

You can citizen arrest a cop that have acted violently for no reason
then you demand to exchange the cop for a thousand protested who got arrested

Ummm....that's called kidnapping....not a good idea.

I really wish people would stop acting like the police are the enemy...everyone has to follow laws...even protestors.

So how about all of you stop the "hate on cop" talk...because this is what it leads to...and you are all responsible for it if something were to happen.
edit on 28-10-2011 by OutKast Searcher because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-10-2011 by OutKast Searcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   
If this is real document and not some police trick then whoever wrote it wants civilian war in US, plain and simple. I think that Americans should less paint other Americans as demons (OCW are in vast majority not a left-wing extremists just as tea party are not right wing extremists) but try to figure out who wants the blood to flow. Maybe even solve real economical and political problems together.
But you should not fall for these attempts to crack the country from within ,whatever "camp" you are in.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by backinblack
reply to post by SirMike

Sadly it's best to live to fight another day..
Resisting a cop will only get you shot by another cop..

But what is written is mostly true...

There are 1,000 non-cops for every cop. They can play eye for an eye all day long and in the end they'll lose.

I guess the real difficulty comes from the other cops willingness to shoot you being greater than the other non-cop's willingness to shoot back.

They have trained violence to push them into confrontation. Most non-cops don't have that.

Everyone knows you have to shoot through an ambush to make it out alive. Well, everyone should know.

Given the 1,000 to 1 ratio there is no ambush non-cops should ever have to succumb to yet they do every day because they refuse to shoot through.

A police confrontation is a non-starter complete no-win scenario for them if people would just accept the reality of the situation.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   
I think we're all familiar with the Koch conservative agenda to tear down any meaningful protest in this country to recognize this flier was a plant, and the tip came from an operative with a political agenda. The Koch brand of the TPM hates the OWS movement and has been working in overdrive trying to paint them as:
  • subversive radicals (commies, anarchists, etc)
  • druggies, hippies
  • whiny elitists in designer jeans demanding freebies
  • violent out of control mobs

It's an age old strategy. Gun shows have seen plenty of plants trying to disseminate anti-government extremism in an attempt to infiltrate militias, passing out all sorts of rhetoric on fliers, and everyone knew to avoid them as it was all but certain they were feds.

If you want to see more of this "destroy OWS" agenda at work then see this:
Koch Head Conservative Filmmaker Hands Out Bongs At #OWS

conservative blogger Evan Coyne Maloney admits that he's giving away bongs and Che Guevara rolling papers to Occupy Wall Street protesters in the hope that he'll get some negative video to market to Fox News or CNN

Planting fliers advocating the shooting of cops and then blaming it on those silly kids at OWS is almost too easy. Shame members of sites like ATS are so easily taken in by these scams.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by SirMike

Naturally, some are going to think this is a plant designed to incriminate the OWS movement. Some are going to read this and agree that LEO’s are legitimate targets. Others, like myself, see this as an indicator of the violent Marxist mob mentality that permeates the OWS movement. They want their free ponies, after all, and no one dare stand in their way.
So what do you all think?

And then there are others, like myself, who see this as an indicator of the violent Marxist mob mentality that permeates ARIZONA and is currently attempting to infiltrate the OWS movement. OWS is a non-violent protest and this flier has more to do with Arizona mentality than it ever did the OWS movement.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Only if they come to take your guns.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by SirMike

And we get closer and closer to Marshal Law.

Don't cry when it happens.

I told you so.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Blackmarketeer

• subversive radicals (commies, anarchists, etc)

• druggies, hippies

Gotta love the drugs

A routine drug-related arrest at New York's Occupy Wall Street encampment is drawing outsized scrutiny in light of recent controversies involving alleged drug use at Zuccotti Park. Yesterday, the NYPD's generally sluggish twitter account fired off a tweet claiming that “Police seek 3 who threatened to kill a protestor for filing complaint vs drug dealer in Zuccotti Pk,” attaching a "wanted poster" of the three suspects, and adding that the threat was related to “a previous assault incident” in the park on October 22.

• whiny elitists in designer jeans demanding freebies

Edward T. Hall III, trust fund revolutionary - Mr. Hall is a well-educated young man with a privileged upbringing who said he was following a calling greater than getting a job and making money. He said he saw the protest as a global movement to help fight poverty and economic inequality. He has spent the past month sleeping in the park and is one of the organizers of the protest.

• violent out of control mobs

Indeed

Half (52%) have participated in a political movement before, virtually all (98%) say they would support civil disobedience to achieve their goals, and nearly one-third (31%) would support violence to advance their agenda.

How could anyone even come to these conlcusions - DANG those Koch brothers and their propaganda machine!

• posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 11:57 AM
    link   
    reply to post by SirMike

I won't download the PDF file.
    I am just curious what the title of the flyer actually is?

A) “When should you shoot a cop?” (thread title)

or the more dramatic

B) "When is it OK to kill a Cop?" (phrase used on the 1041truth site)

edit on 10/28/11 by BrokenCircles because: ...added 'reply to OP' since no1 will answer...

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join