It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Legend of the year award 2011.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Welcome to the ats:

LEGEND OF THE YEAR AWARD

ATS members are encouraged to share stories of unwitting individual or group heroes who have appeared in news stories or have received public attention for their heroic acts.
The legend will be decided by the highest amount of stars given to a hero, on the first day of January 2011.
Your entries may be anything you consider to be a heroic act; wether it be funny, ironic, brave or even plain stupid.

PRIZES:*
I will personally send the person who nominates the winning hero a special hand crafted drawing that I will post a picture of before the end of the contest. This will be send worldwide if needed. If a post that does not nominate a hero receives the most stars it will not be eligible for the prize. I am not eligible for the prize; so if my nomination receives the most stars the second best post will win.
* I don’t know if prizes are aloud by ats t&c so mods please tell me to remove if needed.

Please:
-Only star the legend of the year entries and not responses to hero stories.
-Give some form of evidence to your heroic story.
-PLEASE LIMIT POSTING TO NOMINATIONS OF HEROS. (I know this won’t happen but it’s worth a try.)
-Heros must have performed heroic act in the year 2011.

Take care people
edit on 28-10-2011 by ShortMemory because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   
My first nomination:
Man in court accused of 'mooning' Queen

Liam Lloyd Warriner, of the Sydney suburb of Ashfield, is accused of flashing his buttocks at the 85-year-old monarch as she toured the Queensland capital.

What a LEGEND!
edit on 28-10-2011 by ShortMemory because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by ShortMemory

Prizes probably aren't allowed in a monetary sense I'd suspect but something silly like you'll friend them on facebook or draw them a stick figure bitmap might work. If by some weird chance my nomination wins I refuse any prize.
============= My First Nomination=================

Amazing video: Bystanders lift car to save biker

I don't know their names but these people are my heroes, they saved that mans life
edit on 28-10-2011 by phishyblankwaters because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Second and final Nomination

VIDEO: Biker saves calf during rally

Heart warming to say the least, not sure if he won the race though

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by phishyblankwaters

Yeah i think your right, I will change it to a cool drawing that I will post a picture of later on.

Thanks for the first nomination!

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Send them a Picture of a $5 aus note, if monetary prizes are not allowed. Or draw one, like the guy who sent a picture he drew in paint of a spider as payment for some bill..

Like my old man used to run Car Rallies, cant remember what the first prize was, but the second prize was a booby prize - a fake plastic boob mounted on a plaque.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by phishyblankwaters

I saw the 'man saves calf' video a few days ago, he is a big hero no doubt.

But is he the hero of the year? People of ATS; you be the judge.
lol

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Ha`la`tha

yeah ill draw one, plus chuck in a random drawing of something appropriate to their nominated hero or something.
i would accept that as legitimate payment for a bill, i think debt collectors also accept drawings.

i wonder what first prize was? haha

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   
My third nomination:
People of the occupy movement!
No need for links me thinks

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Looks like you will be rewarding yourself at this rate

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by ValentineWiggin
Looks like you will be rewarding yourself at this rate

i would call this thread a fail
i cant win so i think 'phishyblankwaters' will win the prize he most certianly does not want

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by ShortMemory

I wouldn't call it a fail yet - you know most people are busy with the 10/28 threads - give it a day or two you might get some more nominations

First I considered nominating the guy who paid his bill in pennies - cause thats just cool as hell - but after giving it some thought.... he wasn't fined for paying in pennies, he was fined for disorderly conduct when he basically threw them at the receptionist - I think that he deserved the fine - even if paying in pennies is hilarious

source

I then considered picking someone who did some serious good in the world, but I was hard pressed to find articles through googling....

So instead, I'm going with Tsoukalos
Anyone willing to put themselves out there like that, take all the backlash and ridicule, and STILL mousse up his hair to no end - deserves a nomination!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/92709dd33b1b.jpg[/atsimg]

yeah its no secret, I try to bring up Tsoukalos every chance I get
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/uploads/ats54939_alien_dance.gif[/atsimg]

top topics

join