It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police In Riot Gear Remove 'Occupy SD' Protesters

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 09:49 AM
link   
This is an example of why I don't support the 'Occupy' protesters. All along I have asked what is it they are trying to accomplish, I am still waiting for an answer. I read this article this morning and had to laugh at the final sentence.

In my opinion a good way to end joblessness and poverty is to get up off your ass and go find a job! Stop blaming the banks and government for everything, take responsibility for your actions people!

Here's the link: www.10news.com...

Here's the statement I am refering to: "Protesters have vowed to remain in the downtown area until their demands are met or at least sincerely considered. Those demands include ending joblessness, poverty and political corruption."

These people are borderline anarchists!

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by kellerphoenix

Yeah, how dare they expect the government to do what it's supposed to do, shame on them for wanting an end to political corruption. Shame on them for wishing corporate fraudsters be held accountable just like you and I would be. Shame on them for wishing the government stop giving a blank check to wall street. Shame of them for wanting a decent shot at a job in this economy while the government subsidizes industry to offshore most of the manufacturing.

shame on them indeed.

All along I have asked what is it they are trying to accomplish, I am still waiting for an answer.

Did you bother to look? The answer is in various threads here. Of course you didn't, because you were programmed to assume and believe they have to message so you ignore anyone and everyone who tries to explain that message to you.

Since I'm willing to give you the benefit of the doubt, feel free to browse this thread, it should clear it up.

ATS THREAD

edit on 28-10-2011 by phishyblankwaters because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by kellerphoenix
This is an example of why I don't support the 'Occupy' protesters. All along I have asked what is it they are trying to accomplish, I am still waiting for an answer. I read this article this morning and had to laugh at the final sentence.

In my opinion a good way to end joblessness and poverty is to get up off your ass and go find a job! Stop blaming the banks and government for everything, take responsibility for your actions people!

Here's the statement I am refering to: "Protesters have vowed to remain in the downtown area until their demands are met or at least sincerely considered. Those demands include ending joblessness, poverty and political corruption."

Im confused... why dont you support OWS? Because they got their 1st amendment rights denied? Or because we do have TOO MANY jobs, there ISNT poverty, and none of the politicians are corrupted?

This is just an awakening phase to wake america up to the tyranny that is running rampant through our govt, and its enforcers...

May I ask what you think they should be demanding instead?

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by morder1

I never said Americans don't have the right to protest, I'm a veteran and I believe freedom of speech is a fundamental right of every American. My point is simple....maybe if these people used their time looking for a job instead of loitering in a park they wouldn't be living in poverty.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Read some Kropotkin, Goldman, Berkman... antiestablishmentarianism is what this boils down to however it's not direct enough to be considered "direct action", in my humble opinion.

The problem with the people is our literature is suppressed and our history filtered.

Here's a scenario that will explain the conundrum we're in....
"Put eight monkeys in a room. In the middle of the room is a ladder, leading to a bunch of bananas hanging from a hook on the ceiling. Each time a monkey tries to climb the ladder, all the monkeys are sprayed with ice water, which makes them miserable. Soon enough, whenever a monkey attempts to climb the ladder, all of the other monkeys, not wanting to be sprayed, set upon him and beat him up.

Soon, none of the eight monkeys ever attempts to climb the ladder. Now one of the original monkeys is then removed, and a new monkey is put in the room. Seeing the bananas and the ladder, he wonders why none of the other monkeys are doing the obvious, but, undaunted, he immediately begins to climb the ladder. All the other monkeys fall upon him and beat him silly. He has no idea why. However, he no longer attempts to climb the ladder.

A second original monkey is removed and replaced. The newcomer again attempts to climb the ladder, but all the other monkeys begin to hammer the senses out of him. This includes the previous new monkey, who, grateful that he's not on the receiving end this time, participates in the beating because all the other monkeys are doing it. However, he has no idea why he's attacking the new monkey.

One by one, all the original monkeys are replaced. Now there are eight new monkeys in the room. None of them has ever been sprayed by ice water. None of them attempts to climb the ladder. All of them will enthusiastically beat up any new monkey who tries, without having any idea why.

Are you one of the monkeys that will without knowing why attack those who are trying to get to the bananas?"

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by kellerphoenix

kellerphoenix can i gues that you are the 1% or atleast very well off?

Most companies in the US are currently only employing people who already have a job, or atleast alot of Work Experience, now please tell me where does that leave all those who went to Uni, Finished high School and want to work or just people who got sacked during the economic meltdown.

Also think about it logically for a sec. Companies sack alot of people, they are not going to hire them again, as they already had to pay to fire them, instead they will invest in automated solutions leaving most of the people who got sacked in a hopeless position.

Saying they are Lazy is just Ignorant and very very Arogant.

Ok they may not have proper demands yet, however they are aware of the problem and trying to spread awerness.

What you are saying is like saying (hypothetical here btw) :

The water is Radioactive and making alot of people VERY sick.

2 Options :
2. As we do not have a sollution, then no one is going to do anything about it.
1. As we know its a problem, massive awerness and mass movements to try and stop it (although they may not have a sollution)

We are choosing 1 and starting what will be the procces of finding a solution (Never did Anon or OWS say that they were the sollution, infact if you read up on Anon then this is only Phase 2 of their plan)

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 10:10 AM
link   

reply to post by morder1

I never said Americans don't have the right to protest, I'm a veteran and I believe freedom of speech is a fundamental right of every American. My point is simple....maybe if these people used their time looking for a job instead of loitering in a park they wouldn't be living in poverty.

Why dont you open your eyes??

THERE ARE NO JOBS TO LOOK FOR

Besides maybe mcdonalds and walmart... even then 7.50 an hour is hardly a wage worth getting up in the morning for... after taxes ur only getting 5 bucks an hour, cant even get 2 gallons of gas per hour worked

new topics

top topics

join