It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shots Fired at U.S. Embassy in Bosnian Capital

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 09:37 AM
link   
SARAJEVO, Bosnia -- A gunman dressed in camouflaged clothing and armed with an automatic weapon fired shots at the U.S. embassy in the Bosnian capital Sarajevo on Friday, Bosnian local media and Reuters reported.

Read more: www.foxnews.com...(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 10/28/2011 by GoldenObserver because: Headline

edit on 10/28/2011 by GoldenObserver because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 09:37 AM
link   
This is seriously all that the article says as of now, not much information I know. I also seen this reported briefly on CNN, and all that the report there said was exactly what the headline says for FOX. Hopefully some updates surface soon. Here's to no injuries and some true information. Good Morning ATS.

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 09:45 AM
link   
And this actually made the news?
Have you ever been to Bosnia? There are signs every where telling you not to walk in the forests or fields because of mines, the road signs have bullet holes in them, there are burned out churches and mosques.
At least there were 7 years ago when I visited.
I'd really like to visit Sarajevo now though. An Italian friend of mine went this summer and said the muslim market is just like in Turkey but sells stuff made out of various used ammo casings.

A bloke wearing camo firing a gun at the US embassy is probably some sort of local initiation rite.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Wow, No I have not been to Bosnia, that sounds pretty crazy though. But yes, to answer your question, it definitely did make the news, it doesn't seem to have made a very big splash though, as it hasn't been brought up again.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 09:53 AM
link   
I drove my family through Bosnia Hergovinia years back. We'd been holidaying in Croatia and I wanted to see the country. We had to drive through no-man's land and then up a rock track into the hills for several hours before reaching a UN border post staffed by the Dutch, i think. They just couldn't get the idea of someone actually wanting to visit, especially with very young children.
Apparently it's much nicer now though. It's a popular pilgrimage destination because some old woman is in daily contact with the Virgin Mary who gives updates on what the world should be doing. They bus them old biddies in there.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 10:01 AM
link   
That sounds like SUCH an interesting place if not just for the sheer isolation of it.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Some images of one of the attackers of USA embassy in Sarajevo. Apparently they belong to Wahhabi sect.

And here is e short video of the attacker.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Telos

A one-man Occupy Sarajevo, Bosnian style.
"We don't need no stinking crowds! Give me a kaslashnikov and I'll do it myself, en sh'allah!"

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Here is the moment when he gets shoot.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by GoldenObserver

Dont forget the human traffiking that goes on there as well. Its a real dump, Almost got assigned to TF Falcon there.

new topics

join