Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Western Trained Doctors Haven't a Clue on Weight Loss - Anyone Can Lose 5 to 7 Lbs Per Week!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   
HCG Worthless as Weight-Loss Aid
Stephen Barrett, M.D.

Human chorionic gonadotrophin (HCG) is a hormone found in the urine of pregnant women. More than 50 years ago, Dr. Albert T. Simeons, a British-born physician, contended that HCG injections would enable dieters to subsist comfortably on a 500-calorie-a-day diet. He claimed that HCG would mobilize stored fat; suppress appetite; and redistribute fat from the waist, hips, and thighs [1]. There is no scientific evidence to support these claims [2-13]. Moreover, a 500-calorie (semi-starvation) diet is likely to result in loss of protein from vital organs, and HCG can cause other adverse effects. Gabe Mirkin, M.D., has noted:

At one time, HCG was the most widespread obesity medication administered in the United States. Some doctors liked it because it assured them of a steady clientele. Patients had to come in once a week for an injection [14].

HCH is also marketed in sublingual (under the tongue) form. No scientific tests of sublingual HCG have been published, but it is safe to assume that it would be no more effective than injected HCG.

In 2009, the American Society of Bariatric Physicians issued a position statement which stated:

Numerous clinical trials have shown HCG to be ineffectual in producing weight loss. HCG
injections can induce a slight increase in muscle mass in androgen-deficient males. The diet used
in the Simeons method provides a lower protein intake than is advisable in view of current
knowledge and practice. There are few medical literature reports favorable to the Simeons
method; the overwhelming majority of medical reports are critical of it. Physicians employing
either the HCG or the diet recommended by Simeons may expose themselves to criticism from
other physicians, from insurers, or from government bodies [15].

See website for more information.

www.dietscam.org...

The dangerous assertion that a product not approved by the FDA is safe...is irresponsible.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by curiouswa

We are always learning. I take it that you are not a doctor yourself, since you claim to "manage" some doctors. If you were one, you would know that there is no such thing as Celtic disease. Rather it is called celiac disease.
(Had to say that out of loyalty to my Celtic ancestors, lol.)

What you are advocating first of all costs money. And to someone who is poor, injections of any kind are prohibitive. Good nutritious food also costs more than the higher calorie lesser stuff. It is a constant battle for many unemployed and poor to find adequate nutrition on a very low budget.

Oprah and others have presented shows where longevity and healthy eating go hand in hand. In one such place in Japan, there were several centenarians who ate 700 calories a day. So all this to say that for every rule there seems to be an exception. What I've struggled with most is getting to know how my body reacts to different foods and combinations of food items.

Good luck with your weight loss. What will happen when you've finished the injections? Will you have to remain on them to keep the weight off? Sorry, but I fail to see this as anything but a quick fix. A remedial lifestyle is the option I chose, and although I really struggle to lose more than five pounds, it works for me, slowly and surely.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   
@AboutFace: as I mentioned in the original thread, I'm 8 months from receiving my doctorate in holistic health, so technically, I will be a doctor in 8 months. Celtic was a typo.

We have many people call us who are unable to pay. That's just a fact of life. We do give away 15 of our diets per month to people who cannot afford it as this is our way of giving back to the community.

The biggest obstacle we see for people is education on healthy food choices. The majority don't realize that hot dogs and steak every day does not mesh well with "weight loss". What we do is coach and educate people on how to make healthy choices, that will ultimately shave off weight without feeling deprived. This is what keeps the weight off. Once they understand which foods cause weight loss and which food choices causes weight gain, the weight loss is then long term or it becomes a lifestyle change permanently.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   
The only real reason HcG works is the diet associated with it. Go eat 500 calories a day without HcG and come back to me in a week when you've lost 7lbs or more.

And then, like many people have reported with the cessation of HcG, stop dieting and tell me how quickly you pack the fat back on...

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Celiac (not Celtic, OP!) Disease is not something to toy with. The carb-free diet of raw foods (primarily) is the way to go.

I have total wheat and other grain intolerance. I also have egg, soy, citric acid, and peanut intolerance. When I've been without any of them for about half a year, I'm in great shape. But if I get even a little of any of them at any point, I can really feel it. I know exactly where it hits. Corn, rice, any nuts at all, most berries (minus blueberries), all citrus, lettuces, other fruits like avocados, tomatoes, etc., cause me lesser agony but if I use them even vaguely on a regular basis, I suffer. Takes about two months to clear out. A single slice of pizza has me doubled over with cramps.

I too had a sedentary job for the past decade. Before that, I did pastry professionally. Bad business for me.

Now I'm planning to open a little cake shop with goodies filled just for the likes of me. Herbal infusions with honey for beverages, both hot and cold.

I don't know about losing that much weight that fast. I had to learn the hard way, without help from anyone but the messages in my meditations. But now I would rival any naturopath out there with my knowledge because mine is first-hand, not passively through books. I've learned over the past several years what each food does to the body and where that problem is sourced on the energetic level.

Spend time cleaning out your body and then add foods one by one to see how they feel inside you. You will be amazed at how responsive we are to our environment, once you are you again. I'll bet none of you even know what that would be like. It's hard work but worth everything you have to put in to get there.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Well, I tried a new post....but it failed. So going back to the horses mouth here.

This is my "told you so" post to another member I got into to a bit of heat on. I know....very grown up of me. The original thread was titled nice and arrogantly as - Western Trained Doctors Don't Have A Clue About Weight-loss.

Previous thread: www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on Thu Dec 8 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: added link to thread

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Wow so much bad information. Not that its anyone's fault...jut poor information is propagated at an accelerated pace it would seem.

(I should preface this, that I work in the biotechnology field. I am not a doctor, rather our group of scientists and engineers conducts the research and instruction at the top tier in the human healh sciences field. We ARE the cutting edge)

I'll probably have to start a thread on this subject but let me just throw the actuality of the human condition out there.

ALL DIETS END AT THE MOUTH

Once food enters your intestinal lumen (digestive system), it is your endocrine system (your hormones such as Testosterone, Estrogen, Growth hormone etc...) that determine how that food is used. This is called "nutrient partitioning" and is the singular cause of increases in body fat.

We all know of that skinny guy or gal whom can eat junk food every day all day and stay skinny.

How?

His or her hormones cause those nutrients regardless of their content to be partitioned for energy use and voiding (urinating and defecating) converse, they do not cause those nutrients to be partitioned and stored as fat.

We all know of that obese man or woman who diets like crazy and works out every day, yet never loses a pound (or can keep it off )

How?

His or her endocrine system (again the hormones) are causing those nutrients no matter how "healthy" he or she thought they may be for him or her to be partitioned as fat.

So yes, I am telling you that your hormones which are genetically predetermined at conception determine how your body utilizes (partitions) the food you eat.

Can this be attenuated? Of course. We modulate your hormones to create the optimal internal environment for proper nutrient partitioning.

How?

DIAGNOSTICS ARE THE KEY !

Your car has a dashboard that informs you of problems your vehicle may be experiencing, but not the human body. Blood work, lab tests etc... should be YOUR TOP PRIORITY. Without them you are just guessing as to what the issue may be.

That's all I'll write for now...

One more thing....

The Body Mas Index is total junk science. You cant apply an arbitrary number to individuals as a whole, we're just too different.

edit on 7-12-2011 by Areyoupeopleinsane because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 01:08 AM
link   

A body builder friend of mine got his wife pregnant during his steroid cycle by using Hcg. If you're going to use it.. Wrap it up boys.. =)

I'm curious about this statement. You mean that by using hcg for wieght loss can result to pregnancy? It seems that you are kidding
. Anyways, I enjoyed reading all of your discussions here guys. And I have observed that some suggested to take a healthy living such as regular exercise, balance diet and work outs. And others suggested to make use of hcg for weight loss. Actually, I have already tried those healthy living advise from a doctor, and also the hcg injections. Those ways are working for weight loss. But in long run, I decided to cease hcg injections because it is painful. Then, I had cease using hcg injections for a months to monitor my weight loss. Before I lose 15-25 pounds for weeks using both ways. Since, I have cease the hcg injections my calculated pounds lose falls into 5-8 pounds for two weeks. And again, I decided to get back the use of hcg but not the painful type (injection), I selected to used hcg drops for weight loss which is no hassle and pain. For now, I am doing nice and having a happy life. Merry Christmas to all

Mary

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   
i only skimmed through the replies so if this was mentioned already i apologize. hcg can cause tumors to grow so if you have a tumor you don't know about taking the supplement can cause it to grow faster. otherwise i don't think it's harmful and i do believe it can be helpful for SOME people trying to lose weight.

it can also increase ovulation.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 03:16 AM
link   
Weight loss causes the liver to put off ketones which is fat burned by the liver. An experienced weight loss doctor will monitor the metabolic level of ketosis to ensure a range optimal for insulin reduction without inducing heavy protein loss. Ketogenic diets have been shown to modify the risk factors of heart disease in obese patients.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 03:18 AM
link   
If you can't walk a block at first because you're too heavy, walk what you can and build up tolerance. As people turn fat into muscle, excess skin will usually disappear also, but when you "drop weight" too fast, it never will tone up, thus needing a surgery anyways.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join