Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Western Trained Doctors Haven't a Clue on Weight Loss - Anyone Can Lose 5 to 7 Lbs Per Week!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 08:10 AM
link   
About 4 years ago, I struggled with trying to lose 20 lbs. I ate healthy and I don't have a taste for sweets or junk food. I do like good wine now and then.

At the time, I managed a group of primary care physicians. My job was a sedentary, this is why the weight creep on, including "drug rep" lunches daily from pharmaceutical companies. None of the doctors I worked with could help me with my weight loss. Two of the doctors over a few years even tried to prescribe phentermine, a dangerous appetite suppressant drug (I wasn't hungry, just overweight).

Doctors in general only receive the equivalent of 10 hours of training in weight loss and nutrition. Many people simply don’t understand that doctors do not have the medical training to treat obesity. Bariatric surgeons are skilled at surgery. What about the majority of people who do not want to resort to a Lapband or bariatric surgery? The answer is those individuals need to seek out a doctor whose core business is weight loss and not surgery or actually Western trained, unless they have specialized weight loss training.

A friend of mine shared an experience she had with a naturopath physician. She was only 2 weeks away from having her colon removed and living with a bag that would hold her fecal matter. She went to a highly regarded naturopath and found she had severe Celtic disease as she was severely allergic to gluten found in breads and other foods. This naturopath doctor basically saved her life, her dignity and quite honestly, her marriage. I was absolutely intrigued and the researcher side of me was engaged to learn as much as I could about this specialty of medicine that I knew nothing about!

I scheduled an appointment with the same naturopath doctor responsible for saving my friends life. After completing my "new patient paperwork", the doctor started his comprehensive visit by asking very detailed questions about my diet, exercise routine, lifestyle, etc. He found I had actually shrunk my thyroid by eliminating all "good salt" from my diet. He told me that table salt is actually poisonous and to only use dead sea salt, or crystal salt. www.vitacost.com... (a link to an example of the type of salt he talked about).

Food grown commercially lacks nutrients
He said that the ground our food is grown in lacks the vitamins and supplements we would have found 100 years ago. Food commercially grown is at times, 100x less nutritious than organic or local farm grown food. This includes animal and fish that are grown for commercial purposes. So the food I was eating was/is "stunt food" as I like to call it. It's only to fill your stomach up with little to zero nutritious value.
purityproductsnews.com...

Consuming artificial sweeteners causes weight gain
I also found out that by drinking diet Coke, I was further adding to my lack of weight loss as anything artificial must be processed by the liver first and when the liver is busy processing artificial sweeteners, colors, flavors, etc. it cannot burn fat. I eliminated everything that contained artificial sweeteners and began using organic, raw sugar.
www.medicinenet.com...
abcnews.go.com...

Margarine is not food
I also found out that margarine is not identified by your body as it's considered foreign. He recommended I use real butter. After researching more, I was astonished to find out that this was true and recommended for weight loss to use real butter vs. fake butter.
www.outofstress.com...

The naturopath doctor created a diet specific for me, based on my age, gender and health issues. He also prescribed hCG Human chorionic gonadotropin (injections), and said that the hCG attaches to the dopamine centers of the brain and causes a disconnect between the brain and stomach. He said I wouldn't feel hungry or jittery that HCG is a subtle hormone which would make dieting a breeze for me.

I had nothing to lose, but the 20 lbs, so I tried it. I lost 24 pounds in 3 weeks. I went from a size 9 to size 2.
I ate no less than 800 calories per day. I walked 1 mile per day a few times per week. Basically, I removed all sugar and carbs (besides vegetable carbs). I could not eat all the food he wanted me to eat each day as I simply wasn't hungry. He stressed that I must eat no less than 800 calories per day as if I went lower than this, it would be considered a starvation diet and I could experience hair loss from being malnourished.

HCG is the pregnancy hormone that unlocks the fat cells and releases into the body for elimination. This is how a fetus doesn't starve when the mother has morning sickness. I was able to lose weight in areas I could never lose before.

Diet for Cardiovascular Patients: The body makes triglycerides from sugar, not fat and that preventing insulin from spiking will dramatically slow down this conversion. Using the hCG diet for weight loss can dramatically improve insulin and triglyceride levels, along with favorable changes to cholesterol because of the careful monitoring of carbohydrates. Losing weight, targets the visceral or abdominal fat, and so, can help heart patients dramatically reduce their risk factors.

Weight loss causes the liver to put off ketones which is fat burned by the liver. An experienced weight loss doctor will monitor the metabolic level of ketosis to ensure a range optimal for insulin reduction without inducing heavy protein loss. Ketogenic diets have been shown to modify the risk factors of heart disease in obese patients.

Losing weight is ideal for people with Metabolic Syndrome: Patients with metabolic syndrome, whose blood panels show the red flags associated with heart disease from high insulin, hyperlipidemia and hypertension. By reducing visceral fat and attaining a healthy weight these patients are able to reverse many of the risk factors associated with heart disease.

Losing weight for people with Diabetes: If a person reduces calories, they initially lose a lot of water weight, but no fat. The reason for this failure to initially induce fat loss is that chronically high insulin levels preclude the release of fat from storage in the body. Since insulin blocks the release of fat, the body first sheds water and burns up any protein reserves, which results in a quick reduction of body weight, but virtually no fat loss. Hyperinsulinemia, or too much insulin, is also responsible for exaggerated hunger and craving for fat and sugar.

This is a true story. I couldn't believe nobody really knows of this approach to weight loss. Why couldn't the Western trained doctors help me? Why doesn't everybody know about using prescription hCG (not homeopathic hcg drops) for dieting?

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Your post made sense until you added the Hcg thing...... Why would anyone want to inject a pregnancy hormone in them? There are better ways to lose weight, proper diet and staying active. Your post sounded like an advertisement, therefore, NO THANKS!

I have lost 30 pounds in the last two months just by slightly changing my diet and adding a whole bunch of activity, no drugs and or special processed vitamins.

Activity burns calories, so depending on how active you are matters as to your calorie intake. 800 calories as active as I've been lately would make me have to take a run to the hospital!

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 08:30 AM
link   
Don't respond with a blanket statement on hcg, unless you do your research. You haven't a clue on this subject. I am informing the public and not driving traffic to any particular website or doctor that promotes hcg or weight loss. I am tell you the facts.

The FDA is governed by pharmaceutical CEO's. The FDA makes it impossible to get anything approved without "big pharma" funding a clinical trial.

Do your own research by reading this clinical trial done by Dr. Bellusio on HCG and don't be a sheeple!

www.hcgobesity.org...

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Mild exercise is always recommended (as I said in my post). Not everyone can walk 1 mile or more per day or go to the gym. Many people are far to sick because of the added weight, which then causes adverse health conditions, such as diabetes 2. If you feel lousy, without energy, how do you go about losing weight? You don't!

Obesity is an epidemic in America. It's a serious flaw in our culture as the norm is non-food, which causes weight gain, which leads to poor health, diseases and early death!

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 08:44 AM
link   
5 to 7 Ibs is just a really good poo.
Ask any Jockey.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 08:50 AM
link   
reply to post by curiouswa

I agree, obesity is a problem in the US..... mostly because of inactivity. Since when do you have to walk a mile or go to the gym in order to be active?

My point is, with proper diet and activity, you don't need ANY chemical put in your body to help you lose weight.

If you can't walk a block at first because you're too heavy, walk what you can and build up tolerance. As people turn fat into muscle, excess skin will usually disappear also, but when you "drop weight" too fast, it never will tone up, thus needing a surgery anyways.

I have read about hcg and am informed. I just choose not to put it into MY body... what everyone else does is their business.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 08:55 AM
link   
i find it funny how most people think obesity is some mysterious force.. of course its just a concept desined to make ecentric weight loss schemes seem more realistic and there for more worthy of your dollars.
weight gain and loss is simple

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Obesity is an epidemic in America. It's a serious flaw in our culture as the norm is non-food, which causes weight gain, which leads to poor health, diseases and early death!

It's not just America, any "Western" nation is dealing with this problem, and you nailed it, most of the "food" being eaten is barely classifiable as food.

That said, some studies have been done on organic versus factory farming, and those studies claimed to find no real nutritional difference, so be prepared for a debate on that. I personally call those studies into question for various reasons including some you mentioned.

First, factory farming is done on a massive scale, and usually only 1 item is farmed, unlike traditional farms with a few pigs, some cows, a few chickens, some different types of vegetables etc. Now it's 1 massive crop.

As the idea is to maximize profits corners are cut. The land is damaged, nutrients are missing, waste is contaminating the surrounding area. Massive amounts of chemical fertilizers and pesticides are used, and in some cases these pesticides are present right in the seed and stay throughout the plants life cycle, so yes, you are eating it, you can't wash it off, it's inside the plant matter itself. Bee colony collapse disorder has been linked to use of these pesticides.

Beyond that, factory farmed vegetables and fruit are picked before they are ready, transported all over the place and pumped full of gas to give the illusion of ripeness.

Anyone can test this by going to their super market and buying a tomato. Now go to your local farmers market and get a tomato, doesn't even have to be organic actually. Look at them, they look the same. Now drop them both onto the floor. The one from the farm will split open. The one from the store won't. Now cut them open. The one from the farm has a nice scent and is soft and tasty in the center, the one from the store is hard and bland, if you close your eyes you'll probably not even taste it.

My wife and I for the past year have been getting all of our food minus a few exceptions, from local farms and most of which is completely organic. Completely hormone and anti-biotic free pork and beef. Free range chicken and eggs. All of which is produced within an hour or less of where we live.

The difference is night and day, we've both lost some weight, but the most important part is we feel great, not just physically, but also content in the knowledge that we are supporting local business and farms.

When cooking we use only sea salt. We get enough "table" salt from other aspects of our diet.

As I said we've managed to switch all of our meet and veg to local organic, and a good deal of fruit too. We are also buying coffee beans that are roasted here locally and are part of the "fair trade" system. We've also started making out own:

Jams
Salsas
Ketchup
Taco Sauce
BBQ sauces
Stewed Tomatoes

and the list goes on, all of these made from organic local produce and made from scratch in our kitchen by hand, so we know exactly what is in there. And the best part is since we're "canning" all of this, it will last for a year before we open it!

I couldn't tell you how much we've actually lost as we don't have a scale, it's depressing, and we have 3 cats that would break it anyway, but I can confirm over the past several months, with no real change in our "active" lives, I've gone down several belt notches and actually had to add new ones about 2 months ago, which is now also too lose.

As an added bonus we are now at the point that our bodies reject fast food and processed crap. We were running late last night, didn't take anything out of the freezer so opted for Burger King, I know, I know.. But the moral is, my body instantly rejected that food, I couldn't finish it for one, and I eliminated it rather quickly we'll say.

edit on 28-10-2011 by phishyblankwaters because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Any one can shed a ton of weight eating only 800 calories a day (even lying prone doing nothing). As far as the "Western World" goes....there is an HCG diet clinic on every corner. It appears you have not done your research and are quick and ready to denigrate our intelligence in the "Western World". Lord knows you know it all.

HCG is a scam. If you take your fingers to Google you will find this to be true. You see, for every scam out there, you need a gimmick. HCG is a gimmick to lure people in to a temporary fix on weight. The loser is you twice over (I'm not calling the OP a loser). You lose your money, your weight and gain that weight right back and more.

Most everyone here knows how to eat right, exercise and get the proper sleep we need. We simply don't do it. If you are a few pounds to twenty pounds overweight and live a healthy life.....who cares? Twenty pounds of extra weight is not going to make me find someone unattractive.

A person can not healthily sustain themselves on 800 calories a day. Plain and simple. It is dangerous advice and there are better ways to lose weight.

Please Google first. There is a snake charmer on every corner.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 09:02 AM
link   
It's my firm belief that we have the perfect bodys for what we do with them. Between the food we eat (good or bad) to what we do most of our time.

The problem is you have to convince a body that your NEED a body with six pack abs (or anything in between a blob and a toned body). It's really tough to fool it if you sit at your job for 8 hours a day, sleep for 8 hours a day, watch the tele for 2 hours a day, surfing the internet for 2 hours a day, going to the bathroom for about an hour a day (between #1's and # 2's), eat breakfast, lunch and dinner for about 2 hours a day, and are exercising for the last hour of the day. Someone close to this schedule doesn't need a body that is in shape.

If you want a certain type of body you will have to do the activities that convince your body that it needs to be in shape to maintain that lifestyle. Avoid any drugs to help with this. Our body can't be fooled long term this way.

Just my opinion

Peace

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 09:15 AM
link   
homeopathic hcg is a scam, the real 100% pure hcg is not. I work with big name doctors who support being on the 800 calories, organic, real food, mile exercise diet. If someone exercises, they must add those calories into their diet, thus, the "no less than 800 calories/day".

Normally, people could not survive on 800 calories a day without extreme hunger and fatigue. This is why I am advocating using prescription hcg as it causes the stomach/brain disconnect.

The FDA is making claims against homepathic hcg drops as the drops do not contain hcg. The drops are over the counter and anyone can sell them.

All other doctors offering hcg, besides the doctors I know (and I have not, nor will not say who they are for the sake of informing the public and keeping this thread alive) only offer the unsafe, 50 year old Dr. Simeons hcg diet protocol. This is not what the doctors offer that I work with. They recreated the hcg diet 3 years ago with a team of 30 doctors. They created a medically, supervised weight loss program that has not been done before. They are trying to submit clinical trials, but the cost involved is ludicrous! Therefore, if we have internal data of over 10,000 people within two years who were 68% more successful using hcg and our version of the diet vs. just using that diet and exercise alone, what would you say then? We are actually working with one of the lead clinical research doctors in the USA. Too much to say on this and I am not at liberty to disclose more facts on the findings of this study.

There is so much corruption at the FDA and with big pharma, nobody, but big pharma will ever have a chance at getting anything new approved.

edit on 28-10-2011 by curiouswa because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 09:23 AM
link   
"800" calories??? Eh? And a mile aday. Of course you are going to lose weight. I would faint trying to look after 3 children on 800 calories. I agree doctors are next to no use for advice on losing weight and here in the UK they seem to be fitting everyone with a gastric band. However to be injected with anything that is not naturaly occuring in your body in my opinion, is wrong. Dosnt that go completly against your eating pure substances rule?

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Also, phentermine is dangerous and should never be used as an appetite suppressant for weight loss!

New Information On Phentermine For Weight Loss - Is Phentermine a safe alternative for weight loss?

Expert weight loss doctors evaluated the most sought after prescription and non-prescription weight loss aids available. The findings using Phentermine for weight loss are stagging.

Phentermine, often sold under the brand names Adipex-P, Oby-Cap, T-Diet or Zantryl is a stimulant which acts on the central nervous system to suppress appetite for weight loss. The drug is combined with a low calorie diet and because of its hunger suppressing qualities is purported to allow people to restrict calories to help with weight loss.

Phentermine was also one of the drugs in Phen-Fen, popular in the mid 90’s which ended up costing Wyeth, the drug manufacturer over $21 billion dollars due to the high rate of heart valve problems and ensuing law suits which were associated with the drug.

Many people who still use phentermine today for weight loss don’t realize the effects it can have on the nervous system, and rarely do people use them for the short periods of time they’re intended for. Phentermine stimulates neurons to release high amounts of neurotransmitters called catecholamines (norepinephrine in particular). These neurotransmitters stimulate the nervous system and increase blood pressure, elevate heart rate, restlessness and insomnia.

Phentermine has to be combined with a low calorie diet to experience weight loss and which is why it suppresses appetite. The major issue with this and with appetite suppressants in general is that even though you don’t feel hungry, your caloric needs haven’t changed and so the body has to create energy from somewhere. The issue with diets associated with phentermine is that they don’t spare lean muscle because the body is often in a state called gluconeogenesis where its breaking down amino acids to make glucose for energy as a pose to breaking down fat to make ketones.

Suppressing a dieters appetite also prevents medical professionals from being able to properly gauge whether or not a person is going into starvation mode which is the quickest way to lose muscle mass.

The best calorie restricted diet which does spare lean muscle and has an overall positive impact on metabolism is the HCG diet for weight loss. HCG acts to increase access to fat reserves to make ketones during calorie restriction, and so the daily caloric needs are still being met and gluconeogenesis is avoided. There is no rebound effect because metabolism isn’t slowed and lean muscle is spared.

Phentermine comes with many undesirable side effects and the weight lost experienced is only about half of that on a medically supervised HCG diet. Appetite suppressants don’t create sustainable, long term weight loss, and are very prone to rebound weight gain.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Whosthatgirl

@whosethatgirl: this is what I am saying is when you take hcg, your brain says it's full and satisfied. Your body starts burning ketones which is where fat is processed by your liver. When this happens, you receive a boost of energy and ketones also act as a powerful, natural, appetite suppressant.

www.proteinpower.com...

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Here is one site (there are many more) that an actual MD commenting on injection HCG:

calorielab.com...

However OP, I actually did do my research on this particular diet. Truly, I was ready hook, line and sinker to pay for this diet. Not only does a person pay for the program itself, one must pay for all the blood work and doctor examinations.

After reading further on the diet itself (without HCG), I adopted it and in fact did lose 30 pounds in 30 days. I'm currently doing it now (that is why I replied to your thread). I'm eating under 1000 calories a day. Last week I lost eight pounds. I'm sendentary. Yes, I admit it. Yet the diet itself does work. I simply skipped the middle man and the HCG. No money spent and less dollars spent at the supermarket.

Additionally, I maintain my relationship with my primary care physician in order that I do not hurt myself.

Being older really is a bugger. It's so much harder to lose weight. Calorie restriction does in fact work. Just do it safely.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Blood work is not required, nor are labs. Your weight loss doctor is not acting as your primary care doctor.

Also, you missed the title of my thread about Western trained doctors, yet, you send me a link to a doctor who gives a blanket statement on the 50 year old hcg diet. As I said, we do not support that version of the diet.

People think MD's and DO's have an omni-knowledge that they know everything about health and nutrition. Western doctors ARE NOT trained in preventative care, in that they only receive the equivalent of 2 high school classes in nutrition. Nutrition is the core to health, not the reverse.

When someone is given a diagnosis of diabetes or cancer, they walk blindly into treatment without researching for themselves.

Nutrition is core to good health and weight loss.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 10:08 AM
link   
I agree with everything in your post, but I just can't see having myself injected with hcg. If it worked for you, that's great, but to me, it doesn't seem natural to inject a pregnancy hormone. I've had several kids, and pregnancy was rough for me. Plus I ate like a horse each time.

You mentioned that allopathic doctors (Western medicine) only get about 10 hours of nutrition training, and that is correct. I believe that is because Big Pharma are huge contributors to medical schools, and they don't want future doctors to receive any training which might hurt Pharma's bottom line later on down the road. They have many months of training about prescription drugs. It is never encouraged to try something different other than drugs. The doctors our medical schools are churning out are brainwashed into being nothing more than walking prescription pads.

I have a family member who is a drug rep for Pfizer. Their methods of drug pushing are reprehensible. I am also friends with several doctors who can corroborate what I am saying about their lack of training in ways to keep people healthy. I even have a friend who works for the FDA. I should say, an ex-friend. She is so steeped in the FDA's lies that we have no more common ground. She has dollar signs in her eyes and is really living the good life. All it cost her was her soul.

I have almost no respect for western medicine, except in cases of traumatic injury. In that regard, they are tops in saving lives. With chronic diseases caused by our unnatural, chemical-laden lifestyle, they are worthless.

To summarize: If I broke my arm, was in a car wreck, had a stroke or a sudden heart attack, a western doc is the way to go. If I am struggling with chronic disease, obesity, fatigue, or even cancer., I would choose a naturopath every time.

Overall, good post OP!

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   

The HCG clinics here in the midwest do require blood work and medical examinations. Almost all the HCG clinics have doctors that administer the program. Would it not be irresponsible? My primary care physician is separate from the HCG clinics. You failed to pick that up.

Pick up the yellow pages and call an HCG clinic. I guarantee that you will have to pay for lab's and such.

Yes, a person can purchase HCG online. As a male, there is no way I am putting a pregnancy hormone in my body. It is not natural and does not work.

Another excerpt by Dr. Oz: calorielab.com...

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 10:15 AM
link   
@FissionSurplus: You are absolutely right about going to a western trained doctor if you have an accident or broken bone!

During our clinical trial, we did a double blind study and the group that was receiving the placebo, had a much tougher time dieting due to hunger and fatigue. That group wasn't successful losing weight at a good pace and keeping it off. They often dropped out and cheated.

Prescription HCG comes in both injectable and tablet form. Nothing else works. As I mentioned, there are homepathic hcg drops which are nothing but water and vitamins. People swear by them, but those very individuals are vitamin/supplement deficient to begin with, which is why they feel as though they work. There are sprays and creams, all of which don't work due to the method of delivery. The best method is injection and it doesn't hurt whatsoever. I know it sounds odd to inject a hormone into your body, but it's a hormone which is isolated in a lab and the molecule is made into hcg medication. It's FDA approved for fertility in doses of 50,000 IU's per week. The typical dose for weight loss is 1,000 IU/s week or 150 IU's/day. People who need to lose more than 50 lbs, the doctors dose at 200 IU's per day. This is because there is more body mass to cover (same concept as with drinking alcohol, the thinner person becomes intoxicated faster than heavier people).

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   

I'm not sure how Hcg would have an effect on your Dopamine system. If it works, the hcg isn't doing anything to accelerate weight loss, what it may do is preserve lean tissue on an ultra-low calorie diet.

Also if you're going to advocate Hcg you should probably warn people that it is a powerful fertility drug. A body builder friend of mine got his wife pregnant during his steroid cycle by using Hcg. If you're going to use it.. Wrap it up boys.. =)

new topics

<<   2 >>

join