It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police, Occupy Perth protestors likely to clash tonight

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 06:04 AM
link   
A standoff between the Occupy protestors in Perth and the police seems likely to occur:

more than 100 ``Occupy Perth'' demonstrators vowed to camp in Forrest Place overnight, despite warnings from the police

Protesters look set to clash with police over plans by Occupy Perth activists to camp in a city square during the Commonwealth leaders' meeting

The standoff could lead to scenes similar to those seen recently in Melbourne and Sydney where police dragged Occupy protesters from their makeshift camps in city squares.

Earlier, police issued warnings:

The protest permits do not allow protesters to set up camp or sleep overnight

"If they break the law, the police will be intervening."

Essentially, the protestors are breaking the law, which may result in the removal of the protestors, most probably by force.

Sources:
www.perthnow.com.au...
www.smh.com.au...
www.abc.net.au...

Edit: Also, check out the lady in the second source, she looks really pissed

edit on 28-10-2011 by daaskapital because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-10-2011 by daaskapital because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 06:08 AM
link   
screw those bogus laws. police will get whats coming to them if they continue to opress their fellow human beings for having an opinion.. an opinion that happens to be an obvious fact.
australian police have already proved they are happy to go above and beyond resonable force, i hope the protesters are going to be ok.
i might also add that a lot of the protesters arent representing the occupy movement as such

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 06:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by ShortMemory
i might also add that a lot of the protesters arent representing the occupy movement as such

Yeah, they joined forces today with other movements, most notably, Gay rights, War on Terror, animal rights to name a few.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 06:14 AM
link   
reply to post by daaskapital

I hope the protestors peacefully stand their ground. But as soon as the riot police decide to act like nazi thugs and tear gas, beat, flash bang people. Then the people have every right to do what they want. This has to stop.

I hope the protestors control the bad apples. We don't want some agent provokers causing drama to give the cops an excuse to act like nazis.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 06:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

I think the Perth clashes tonight may be more rough than the other ones previously seen in Australia, considering the CHOGM is happening over the weekend.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 06:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by daaskapital
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

I think the Perth clashes tonight may be more rough than the other ones previously seen in Australia, considering the CHOGM is happening over the weekend.

breaking news: the queen has armed herself with a m-16 and is awaiting conformation to take down protesters. apparently she is following in her familys footsteps and only targeting the black men

new topics

top topics

join