It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BWS! Boycott Wall Street.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 04:49 AM
link   
People, with recent outbreaks and so on. A call for global occupation of the people has started.

With that, I am beggining to boycott all useless materials and food services. Such as name brands, industries, corporations, franchaises, unneccesary bank transactions resulting in fees, and all false nessecities we've been driven to love that empowers these men. The list can continue, but we know what we need and don't need.

"Boycott; an act of voluntarily abstaining from using, buying, or dealing with a person, organization, or country as an expression of protest."
Basically, don't buy their $#!^.

- I would encourage posters to leave what they would like to boycott, as well as other reasoning.-

Please help me in this attempt to boycott out all of these greedy corporations goods. What will they do when they notice a 20% sales decrease? What will they do when they dont have the money to operate... They will listen. Because I didn't chose to have these things at the cost of others, and I for one see a new unison happening accross the globe. With that we must take every oppurtunity we can to help the efforts.
With me I have an ever increasing number of boycotters.
Please read on for some interesting insight.

This is what we DON'T want.
The protests have been doing very well.. Unfortunately there has been a lot of misdemeanors amongst the protestors giving these police officers and riot control groups the green light to start clubbing civies. Recently I witnessed a man standing firm infront of his people in protest only to be hit in the face by a tear gas canister. other bystanders went to his aid. Then an officer behind his men and barricade lobbed a flashbang into the midst of them. The victim had to be carried away by fellow protestors for care, and couldn't recite his name. Last I heard he was in an induced coma. This took place in oakland and I would encourage others to research into it.

This is why we don't want it
People, if we keep giving these civil unrest respondent's a reason to come into the protests and scare people away, that's just it, they will scare people away. And eventually we'll see fields semi-full of the smart ones, and people asking " why haven't they gotten a job yet? " Majority rules, and we cannot afford to lose a single one of you. I can't stress that enough. Sure it's hard to protest peacefully when you're being told to go home and suck it up. But let's be civil about it always, people on the outside will take notice.

It's been pretty blatent though that both the offensive side and defensive side have been spewing propoganda left and right looking for support from the people unaffected by all of this. The ones who either, don't know what's going on, or are desperately hoping it all blows over while they grip their financial security blankets.. Which could very well dissapear or deteriorate if these people aren't recognized and supported. Unless you're that man sitting on the 27th floor of his enterprise, this should very well benefit you as it will everyone else.

A little history lesson
Back during our previous world wars. Both I and II. There was a race, to colonize and to increase arms. Countries who didn't do so were left to the side, thus they became third world countries, considered harmless. Or more along the lines of defenceless... Essentially anyone who didn't industrialize then is in this category.
Now see, it didn't stop there. Our countries reep these countries of their resources. Mining and extracting every bit of their wealth because they didn't make the efforts to themselves. Not only that, our corporations send factories, as well as sweatshops over seas. To allow cheap labour and child labour to take place. In crowded, small, dangerous work environments. Where insults are used as whips to keep these workers at top performance... Because we're all in our cozy homes trying to purchase 1st world goods at a 3rd worlds expense. And lets face it, no one in our country would wan't to tailor shirts, shoes, hats, etc. And lets face it again, no corporation wants to pay over minimum wage, and these workers are cheaper than paying maintenance crews here to watch over the machines that could. Disgusting.. yes. On top of that, these big buisness men save a ton on their taxes, that could go to the government, and back to the people mainly because their product exports from wherever they are situated. And taxes apply to the country you're in, and it being a third world country, has lower taxes. See the trend? This is why we fail in exports as a country. And with 34% of the worlds wealth... and 6% of the worlds population. Seeing people struggle in poverty and living on the streets makes no sense.

And with this increasing debt (that I knew nothing of until it was thrown in my face that we passed our deficit) it is predicted this halloween weekend, our GDP will be surpassed by the increasing debt. Meaning, we need to take some steps in order to back track. Otherwise living standards WILL decrease. Our GDP is basically our worth, what we make and can afford to pay out. A chart and some info on this can be found
Here. I know some of you may think of prison planet news to be extremist, but this is too real.

Now heres a bit more insight.. When the banks are being bailed out, we are giving them money, government and tax money. When we bailout major corporations, ex GM. We are giving them government and tax money.. When we give these people money, we're losing a lot money. And the cost of war, is ever so costly. The only way this is going to be paid back, is through inflation and taxation. I'm talking minimum wage being $20, yet a loaf of bread (sorry cliche, but just an example) being $15, because our currency will go kurplunk. Great Britain used to be the top world power... what happened to them? It's up to you to do your research. But why does our government continue to sell us out? Beats me, you occupiers have the right idea in a good sense, just keep it peaceful and I'm right there with you. None of us want to send our wages away to someone elses screw ups. We may as well be slaves. I for one didn't chose to be born into this.

Please help me in this attempt to boycott out all of these greedy corporations goods. What will they do when they notice a 20% sales decrease? What will they do when they dont have the money to operate... They will listen, and they will ultimately crash. Because I didn't chose to have these things at the cost of others, and I for one see a new unison happening accross the globe. With that we must take every oppurtunity we can to help the efforts.

Ron Paul 2012. A man who can shape this new path for us, once in a lifetime.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 04:56 AM
link   
You should be boycotting Chinese goods or goods made in China.
Why pay 100 USD for a pair of Nikes when the label reads 'Made in China'?
Buy locally, support your local economy.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 05:34 AM
link   
I'm talking anything overseas that makes its way back here, when it originated from us. If they're being exported to other countries from here and it brings up our economy then sure. I personally don't want items others slave to make though. like how a Honduran garment factory worker gets paid US$0.24 for each $50 Sean John sweatshirt is obsurd. So these guys dish up an almost 2000% profit while cheating their systems here over seas. And they get all that extra dough to do with as they wish. And right now it seems like world affairs. Are we not funding our own shut down?

The economic value can be increased and this debt can head in the other direction, if we bring this work back home. To atleast improve exports. Because we keep fighting this war for oil, our currencies only backup. But people aren't ignorant enough anymore to go enlist for the middle east. Be it for oil or not. Which brings up another interesting topic. This propoganda about Gaddafi the dictator, all this guy was trying to do was rid western influence and unite Africa to bring them out of poverty, hell he even laid out 98 billion (Half of what he's worth) on the table. Check this out, I find it interesting the states wanted to kill a dictator the people didn't fear. VLibyan welfares. Incase you didn't know, he's dead. The rebellion against him was immideately supported by american forces. Funny how they weren't too happy the rebels killed him first. No osama repeat this time.

edit on 28-10-2011 by Tarno because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 05:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Tarno

I love the idea you put forth. In my opinion the only way to really stick it to the man is to get completely off the grid.

Be completely self sufficient to the point where you pay no taxes and produce all of what you consume. Otherwise if you do not eliminate these things they will always have a strangle hold on you. But every little thing helps.

I will definitely be trying some of the things you mentioned

If we all do this it's bound to make a noticeable difference.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 06:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed
reply to post by Tarno

I love the idea you put forth. In my opinion the only way to really stick it to the man is to get completely off the grid.

Be completely self sufficient to the point where you pay no taxes and produce all of what you consume. Otherwise if you do not eliminate these things they will always have a strangle hold on you. But every little thing helps.

And that's just it. We can produce and provide as we need. That's what I love about Ron Paul, this mans been married for fifty years, saying and voting for the same things he was ten years ago. At least we know he's not in it for the tail. He promises free trade and markets, wants to bring the troops home, and believes we don't need the fed or a larger government. I'm convinced he's our only chance for peace and a stable country. It just seems like we have our nessecity held against us in a fashion, that the only way we can get it is by getting into the system and it's currency. But we can start eliminating some ofthe materialistic things we don't need..

Take for example this 'green police' or whatever they are called.. Crashing down garage sales and independant food business, or salespeople, lemonade stands and so on, to prevent people buying from anything not supported by government which could in turn help them out of their sticky situation. I read reports of peoples gardens and homegrown foods being taken out. Shame.

They even ban hemp when it's attatched to cannibus. Hemp is much stronger then this decaying cotton that comes evident with it's lint residue. But still they sell us the crap, because everything comes with an expiry date... if not, then it'll most likely be innovated a few months later to make yours seem uncanny, when truth is they can both serve the same purpose just as effectively.

And boycotting should have been done from the beggining, thankyou for the support! We're doing it in the name of the OWS'ers.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 06:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aestheteka
You should be boycotting Chinese goods or goods made in China.
Why pay 100 USD for a pair of Nikes when the label reads 'Made in China'?
Buy locally, support your local economy.

Buy locally? Are you serious? Who makes shoes in your town?

Time for a reality check people! Manufacturing is done in China and other third world countries because Americans don't like pollution or child labor, but they love cheap stuff.

When I was a kid I had a job just like everyone else in my family. I worked at a newspaper and delivered papers and my favorite was selling papers at the shoe factory. I got to see what factories look like and what people go through ever day making a living. I knew I never wanted to work in a factory after seeing the conditions there. I also accepted that it was necessary for the factory to operate the way it did and even accepted the pollution as a necessary evil because I liked wearing shoes in the snow.

So some people had a noble idea to move factories away from metropolis areas to curb pollution. Then the companies had perfect reasons to export the manufacturing and government was all to happy to help. China kept control of the factories and only allowed American companies to occupy buildings, but not to buy property. China controlled the labor laws and provided unlimited cheap labor. Most of the laborers are 10-20 years old and they quit the factories before their 21st birthday for the most part. A few older people will work in the factories because they don't have children who can give them their wages.

I don't fault China for their actions even though it seems cruel to our sensitive ideology. I was just like those young Chinese workers at one time. I understand the need for money because it is the easiest way to get goods. I don't like pollution or forcing youngsters to work, but starvation is worse.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 06:35 AM
link   
reply to post by onecraftydude

Okay, well global warming on one hand is being tried. A radio show hosted a journalist who came on to speak while I was on the road, reported that the people studying global warming under the United Nations have uncreditable evidence to it. And that the scientists are all graduates in their twenties. She just basically said, they could be taken to court, and likely lose. Sucks to be the green folk
It's only as popular as algore nowadays. I think he'd of been better off with man bear pig. So pollution.. I don't like it. and I can't see china liking it. It's not like textile factories and sweatshops produce much emmision anyways. Point is, what they're making is useless.. I'm sure they could find other means of income, or food source. Better yet have their country bail them out I say. Most of the U.S debt is with china, so if anything they'll just bring our own people in to the factories to replace 'em while they get the materials, sounds reasonable and fair.

edit on 28-10-2011 by Tarno because: My grammar sucks.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 06:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Tarno

Hopefully the idea catches on. I have already been doing this for a long time. Everytime I would say something to people about what I was doing and why they acted like there goes crazy old ____. Nobody makes me buy or spend on anything. Why feed myself to the lions?

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 07:04 AM
link   
If you really don't like banks, you should know about "Credit Unions". Many people didn't know that you do not need banks. You can use credit-unions instead. A credit-unions is owned by the people who use it. There is a huge difference between a bank that is owned by share-holders, and a credit-union owned by the users. The share-holders and the users that own credit-unions want different things. If you really want to support the 99%, a credit-union will prevent the 1% on making money on your investments. A small thing like this can make a big difference. This is something all can do to decrease the power Wall Street has. #ows

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by nidstav

I too like this idea. So long as theres no interest like with banks. Because all interest and fees do is build up their stockpile. All we'd need is employees paid for by taxes. Banks have a hold on a lot of the loaning and credit. What are some private CU's you know of?

new topics

top topics

join