It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Genocide

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 04:31 AM
link   
To pose a hypothetical situation :

If you were on the receiving end of Genocide
Which would you prefer :

1. Anarchic savage Genocide as seen in Rwanda in 1994
2. Industrialized Genocide as seen in Nazi Germany.

I know that both are possible equally evil (or are they), but which one scares you the most ?

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 04:42 AM
link   
reply to post by rom12345

nazi style is obviously the better one
this is similar to a thread i posted which stated that hitler was doing what the bible asked him.. and that the genocides and deaths in the bible were a lot more gruesome then the ones at the hands of the nazis
theres no good way to do it but the nazis did what is probably the most humane method

edit on 28-10-2011 by ShortMemory because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 04:44 AM
link   
OK,
and which one do you think is more "evil" ?

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 04:46 AM
link   
i'm afraid to answer something the question should come at least near a specific threshold of originality.
i cannot see that with this question here, sorry

i would ask moderation to close the thread and delete it, cause its just sick

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 04:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by rom12345
OK,
and which one do you think is more "evil" ?

well it depends on your definition but they are both as 'evil'
see both are as a result of social conditioning.. which is an extremely hard pyschological process for individuals to overcome.
i consider say the actions of police more evil because they are assualting people for a paycheck if you get what i mean

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 04:53 AM
link   
reply to post by TMJ1972

I am not condoning genocide obviously, and think you may be over reacting.

Anyway, I have thought about this allot, in terms of history repeating itself.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 04:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by TMJ1972
i'm afraid to answer something the question should come at least near a specific threshold of originality.
i cannot see that with this question here, sorry

i would ask moderation to close the thread and delete it, cause its just sick

the question is fairly obvious
its like asking if you would pefer the electric chair or lethal injection.. well along those lines

i dont think it should be closed because it is simply discussing history

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 05:02 AM
link   
I have seen situations where anarchic violence reins, and there is a kind of electricity in the air, which seems (supernatural). It would seem that men get a blood lust that is uncontrollable, and often out of character.

The question of Accountability, or Karma comes into question
Milgram Experiment

My greatest fear is not The New World Order, but a decent into chaos. (which I consider far more likely)

"Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one." -
Charles Mackay
edit on 28-10-2011 by rom12345 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 05:13 AM
link   

I have seen situations where anarchic violence reins, and there is a kind of electricity in the air, which seems (supernatural). It would seem that men get a blood lust that is uncontrollable, and often out of character.

The question of Accountability, or Karma comes into question

My greatest fear is not The New World Order, but a decent into chaos.

what your talking about is the 'one in a crowd' psychology where one person feels their actions are not as great because they are hidden by the actions of others around them, it is something that will effect almost everyone.
people have this blood lust in them already, consider many americans who support the death penalty.. or people who would go to war rather then talking over an issue.
accountability is a big reason why people do bad stuff in an 'anarchic' situation because the accountablilty drops as numbers of other people involved rises.
the thing is that all possible future scenarios pose 'decent' of some kind. its simply evolution to fluctuate from periods of stablility into less stable times. but the more this happens the higher chance you have of striking the correct type of change. think of it like a gene that mutates.. eventually it will hit the winning combination and make a progressive mutation that will stick.. the more people change those in power, the more chance we have at getting that right mutation
hope that makes some sense

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 05:20 AM
link   

To pose a hypothetical situation :

Which would you prefer :

I know that both are possible equally evil (or are they), but which one scares you the most ?

I also think this thread should be closed. It is pointless and I question the OP's motives. It is a very sick thread from a sick mind. It may even be breaking the law! So OP I would be a bit careful if I were you.

In memory of Anne Frank and all the victims of the holocaust. Long live Israel!

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 05:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Revolution9

ignore history and it will continue to happen.. read my name; short memory.
evil triumphs when good men do nothing

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 05:24 AM
link   

My motives are certainly not what you think, If anything they honor those who have suffered such atrocities.
"If you live in a day dream, you will wake up in a nightmare"

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 05:30 AM
link   

My motives are certainly not what you think, If anything they honor those who have suffered such atrocities.

Well that is not coming through in your words. It is very sick, man. What do you think anyone who has had family die in such atrocities is going to feel reading your words? I am actually quite angry with you. It is not my style to report people so don't worry. I'll argue my case with you here.

Erm, what is that supposed to mean? "Live in a day dream"? Are you implying I live in a day dream or what? Answer me!!!

I am a staunch realist and your attempt to make me look like a dreamer is null and void. I am feeling pretty hot today, so I am up for a dual of words with you, mate!
edit on 28-10-2011 by Revolution9 because: punctuation

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 05:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Revolution9

I also think this thread should be closed. It is pointless and I question the OP's motives. It is a very sick thread from a sick mind. It may even be breaking the law! So OP I would be a bit careful if I were you.

really hope this is an attempt at trolling....
as far as breaking the "law", seriously??

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 05:40 AM
link   

Well that is not coming through in your words. It is very sick, man. What do you think anyone who has had family die in such atrocities is going to feel reading your words? I am actually quite angry with you. It is not my style to report people so don't worry. I'll argue my case with you here.

Erm, what is that supposed to mean? "Live in a day dream"? Are you implying I live in a day dream or what? Answer me!!!

I am a staunch realist and your attempt to make me look like a dreamer is null and void. I am feeling pretty hot today, so I am up for a dual of words with you, mate!

Clearly you are offended, and for this I a sorry, I have no need for petty duals.

I am not sure which words have offended anyone, but when I say "live in a day dream.." it is to say that these things can very easily happen again. I have often wondered, if a certain ethnicity is more prone to genocidal acts than another. My conclusion is that all people are equally capable of atrocity, and without understanding the mechanisms of this, we are bound to suffer it again.

Your sentiment is understandable, but misdirected.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 05:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by wingsfan

really hope this is an attempt at trolling....
as far as breaking the "law", seriously??

Well my dad's side of the family come out of Germany. I am half Jewish. I don't know about half my family.

The words of this post are disrespecting the memory of my Family. I think I would have quite a good case.

Not that I will persue it, because I turn the other cheek personally. But I think people who are so aloof of their emotions are not very nice. This is cold and has no humanity. It is pointless.

Thanks for upsetting me OP. Why don't you try using your skills of analysis for trying to make a better more beautiful world, instead of covering yourself in shame like this?

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 05:47 AM
link   
reply to post by rom12345

I have often wondered, if a certain ethnicity is more prone to genocidal acts than another. My conclusion is that all people are equally capable of atrocity, and without understanding the mechanisms of this, we are bound to suffer it again.

yes these things are very primitive and would have developed in our minds before we had the chance to evolve into different ethnicitys as we know today.
your exactly right, if people do not accept and understand this it will most certianly happen time and time again..

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 05:49 AM
link   

Clearly you are offended, and for this I a sorry, I have no need for petty duals.

I am not sure which words have offended anyone, but when I say "live in a day dream.." it is to say that these things can very easily happen again. I have often wondered, if a certain ethnicity is more prone to genocidal acts than another. My conclusion is that all people are equally capable of atrocity, and without understanding the mechanisms of this, we are bound to suffer it again.

Your sentiment is understandable, but misdirected.

Ok, well I squeezed a bit more information out of you about your motives.

Sorry, I am just very touchy on this subject, especially these days. Well any offense I have received is forgiven as I better understand your motives.

But please just remember we live in a world of victims. Please try and take into consideration that there are many tender people out there. But whatever. The genocide continues in the world and perhaps it is good you are trying to understand what it is about.

Sorry, bad day for me today. I think I better go away and cool off!

with every blessing to you guys.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 05:49 AM
link   

wouldnt it be more disrespectful if people did not try to understand what happened in those horrible times?

think about why, not what

edit on 28-10-2011 by ShortMemory because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 05:58 AM
link   

Which would you prefer :

I think Nr. 2
because Nr. 1 show the ugly Face of the normal and average Population!

Ps: but Nr. 1 also showed how ignorant many People are,
think your Work Mates, your Neighbors, your Friends vanish and nearly all have been silent, quiet!

@ Revolution9
when yoou think that a Thread should be close because of the House Rules
you need to use the Alert Button!

and Shalom

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join