It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pay Rises Soar By 49% For UK's Top Bosses

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 04:24 AM
link   
I thought they'd been banned from doing this?

Britain's top company directors have enjoyed a pay rise of almost 50% in the past year - taking their average earnings to almost £2.7m. A study of FTSE 100 companies by Incomes Data Services (IDS) showed the 49% increase, which covers salary, benefits and bonuses, was higher than the 43% seen by chief executives. Average bonus payments for directors increased by 23% from £737,000 in 2010 to £906,000 this year, the report said. Steve Tatton of IDS said: "Britain's economy may be struggling to return to pre-recession levels of output, but the same cannot be said of FTSE 100 directors' remuneration.

Pay Rises Soar By 49% For UK's Top Bosses

And BP's third quarter profits were over 3 billion GBP (17 trillion USD...) while utility prices rise daily.

BP was the biggest riser in early trading (at 0804 BST) after announcing a third quarter replacement cost profit of $5.1 billion during the third quarter.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 04:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aestheteka

And BP's third quarter profits were over 3 billion GBP (17 trillion USD...) while utility prices rise daily.

i guess its time to remind them that they caused the deepwater horizon disaster and theres still a lot of folks suffering from it

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 04:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Aestheteka

Meanwhile their employees will have been asked to take a pay cut or pay freeze and worry about their job security on a daily basis. These companies are financially treasonous to this country.

All in it together, my arse.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 04:48 AM
link   
Only 49%, the poor blighters, how on earth are they going to cover the cost of bathing in champers *shakes head* The world has gone insane.. literally.

reply to post by TMJ1972

As if any of those companies ever really pay for the damage they cause...

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 05:08 AM
link   
For those of you interested in just how bad this disparity is getting, read this - Pay gap widening to Victorian levels
And then look inot the joke which is the High Pay Commission.

At the root of all of these issues is the fact that companies now solely work in the interest of share holders and their profit.
I watched how this worked with my local hospital in the UK about 15 years ago. It was the only hospital in the region and serviced everyone from the young to the old. And then they listed it and brought in an adminsitrator. The first thing he did was close the geriatric and maternity wards and rent the space for offices, businesses and even shops. The share holders' profits rose significantly but the local people had to travel 30 miles to the nearest hospital.
And the administrator was hailed as a hero by the government for making a hospital 'profitable' rather than a burden.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 05:25 AM
link   
That is the problem with privatising a public service.

TPTB seem to think it is ok to privatise public services.
Take for example the trains here in the UK.
Fare prices have gone up 11% year on year since privatisation (1997), yet I don't know of anyone that has had a pay increase of 11% every year.

The government has the wrong idea of a public service.
I.E. it is not there to make a profit, it exists to serve a purpose and get cars off the road thus freeing up traffic.

Were all being priced out of commuting but don't have a choice as we cannot get jobs locally.

When will it stop ?

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 05:35 AM
link   
reply to post by diddy1234

when the people can't get to work because the trains are too expensive, and the economy shuts down because of it?? and then, those top bosses will be answering their own phone and filing their own paperwork???

till then, they are gonna keep on going, thinking everything is hunky dory, and nothing will ever change it!!!

foresight doesn't seem to be a strong attribute within humanity.

edit on 28-10-2011 by dawnstar because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   
^That's what robots will be for, silly!

new topics

top topics

join