It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

31st Jan 1999

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 04:12 AM
link   
28th Oct 2011
11th Nov 2011
12th Dec 2012
21st Dec 2012

Why do you keep looking for the magical date when you already know time does not exsist?

The last question that ever needs to be asked and requires no anwer;

If not now, when?

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 04:30 AM
link   
Because it's not about 'time' itself, IF anything happens it will be due to planets aligning.
At least that's my take on it and no I do not have a date or anything other than that.

I'm not waiting for anything magical to happen, if it happens in my lifetime then so be it.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 04:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by JohnySeagull
Why do you keep looking for the magical date when you already know time does not exsist?

Every day is just another day to me.

If not now, when?

Wow, I didn't think someone could contradict themselves that fast, because using the word "WHEN" implies to me at least that time exist.
edit on 28-10-2011 by quantumdragon because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-10-2011 by quantumdragon because: grammer

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 04:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by quantumdragon
Every day is just another day to me.

I was just listening to Everyday by Buddy Holly and read that literally right when he sang "Every day, it's a getting closer.." and thought it was a major coincidence, considering this whole thread..

Well, I'm no expert, but I'm pretty sure Time exists. If you want to argue that it's just how we perceive it, then you're correct. One could perceive a second differently than one at a higher altitude perceives it. This is.. proven fact, really.

However, saying time exists, implies to ME, that you're suggesting the past never existed.

The past is the past, because time moved on, regardless if Humans existed "billions" of years ago or not, it still moved on, without us.
edit on 28-10-2011 by Lionhearte because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 04:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lionhearte

I was just listening to Everyday by Buddy Holly and read that literally right when he sang "Every day, it's a getting closer.." and thought it was a major coincidence, considering this whole thread..

Trippy

What if the universe existed with no time? (not including any kind of singularity) There would be no time for the planets to make orbits, no time to walk to the store, no time to have a family or life for that fact.

Time I just realized is essential for the motion and evolution of this universe.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 04:56 AM
link   

If not now, when?

Wow, I didn't someone could contradict themselves that fast, because using the word "WHEN" implies to me at least that time exist.

Not necessarily he's simply asking the believers a question, lets not nitpick I think you knew exactly what he meant

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 05:07 AM
link   
reply to post by iamnang

Maybe I was a little nitpicky but I stand by my statement.

What group of believers are you talking about and what do they believe in?

Time might not exist beyond this life, but the way I see things, it does in this life.

Edit to add.
Why are the dates in military format instead of civilian?

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 05:36 AM
link   

Trippy

What if the universe existed with no time? (not including any kind of singularity) There would be no time for the planets to make orbits, no time to walk to the store, no time to have a family or life for that fact.

Time I just realized is essential for the motion and evolution of this universe.

It would be a different universe all together. Our Universe, our "realm" exists in 4 dimensions (technically 10 dimensions, but the other 6 are.. complicated), length, width, depth and spacetime.

Remove one of the dimensions, and everything changes. Our Universe wouldn't function nearly the same as it does today. It would be completely unrecognizable, because time effects.. everything.

In order to imagine what it would be like to exist in a realm without time, well.. imagine the dwelling place of God. In order for God to be completely omni-potent, he would have to exist outside the realm of all dimensions, in Eternity.

Eternity isn't a place with "lots of time", but rather, a place with no time. It just exists, it just is - the dwelling place of God, which makes sense from a logical standpoint, as a Creator would need to exist out of time, in order to be able to view all points in time at once - past, present, and future - thus being omnipresent.

Unfortunately, on the Human's perspective side.. it's impossible to imagine what that would be like, to imagine a realm without one of the dimensions that bind our universe together.

It would be like trying to imagine up a new color. Try it out, lol.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 06:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Lionhearte

If god (our creator) was an observer of our realm. Time exist here, but not in god's realm. This Forum can make my head hurt and I am done tonight, I guess what I am trying to ask is since in god's realm there is no time, what happens to the omnipotent one when god enters or observes a realm with time?

Also I am not going to ask you to explain the other 6 dimensions, but I am curious and would like to learn more.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 06:41 AM
link   

reply to post by Lionhearte

If god (our creator) was an observer of our realm. Time exist here, but not in god's realm. This Forum can make my head hurt and I am done tonight, I guess what I am trying to ask is since in god's realm there is no time, what happens to the omnipotent one when god enters or observes a realm with time?

Also I am not going to ask you to explain the other 6 dimensions, but I am curious and would like to learn more.

Anything I say regarding that will be pure speculation, as with anyone's, because we simply don't know what it would be like exactly.

However, the way I would imagine it, would be that His form changes, to follow our laws of the Universe, whenever he appeared to someone, because his true form would be too.. incredible to witness;

Exodus 33:20 - But," He said, "you cannot see my face, for no one may see me and live."

Another way I could try to explain it.. Try to imagine it like this; let's say you create your own 2D world on a piece of paper, and give life to your own stick figure creations. Now, to them, they have no idea what a sphere looks like, or a cube. You can't truly explain to them either, because you'll also have no way of "showing" them what it looks like. If you, say, threw a ball through the paper, the only thing these creatures would see, is a small dot rapidly increase to the full circumference of a circle, then slowly decrease back to a dot, before vanishing again.

Likewise, if you stuck your finger through the paper, the only thing they would see, is a circle.

With this in mind, try to imagine how God would show Himself to mankind, with the limitations of our universe. Without breaking any laws or physics, He would simply appear in a form that we can most easily identify with. As with anything written in the Scripture - it's written in such a way that it could be easily understood, that we may not fully grasp the concepts of, example, Eternity, but we may understand bits of it.

Like the 2D creatures who are shown splices of a circle, in order to understand a sphere..
We are shown splices and pieces of Eternity, so that we may understand God.

--

As for the other 6 dimensions, they are called the "internal degrees of freedom" and are related to the number of fundamental symmetries present in the physical world at the quantum scale (quantum physics).

The equations that physicists work with require these additional dimensions so that new symmetries can be defined that allow physicists to understand physical relationships between the various particle families.

It's.. complicated

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Trippy

It would be a different universe all together. Our Universe, our "realm" exists in 4 dimensions (technically 10 dimensions, but the other 6 are.. complicated), length, width, depth and spacetime.

Remove one of the dimensions, and everything changes. Our Universe wouldn't function nearly the same as it does today. It would be completely unrecognizable, because time effects.. everything.

In order to imagine what it would be like to exist in a realm without time, well.. imagine the dwelling place of God. In order for God to be completely omni-potent, he would have to exist outside the realm of all dimensions, in Eternity.

Eternity isn't a place with "lots of time", but rather, a place with no time. It just exists, it just is - the dwelling place of God, which makes sense from a logical standpoint, as a Creator would need to exist out of time, in order to be able to view all points in time at once - past, present, and future - thus being omnipresent.

Unfortunately, on the Human's perspective side.. it's impossible to imagine what that would be like, to imagine a realm without one of the dimensions that bind our universe together.

It would be like trying to imagine up a new color. Try it out, lol.

Science has only postulated said umpteen dimensions, because there are only three dimensions.

Why is it you science nerds state postulations as if they are the gospel?

I swear, religion and science are vying for the Liars Anonymous Award by seeing who can spin the wildest yarn and get peeps to buy it.

Ribbit

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnySeagull

OP? On the title of this thread, did you have a typo? I believe the correct date should be December 31st, 1999, which was the Y2K scare date.

Ribbit

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by ButtUglyToad
Science has only postulated said umpteen dimensions, because there are only three dimensions.

I swear, religion and science are vying for the Liars Anonymous Award by seeing who can spin the wildest yarn and get peeps to buy it.

Ribbit

Actually, if you read my next post.. I basically agreed with you. At least for the first part. I stated why they use these other dimensions, and.. here, I'll just copy+paste it for you.

As for the other 6 dimensions, they are called the "internal degrees of freedom" and are related to the number of fundamental symmetries present in the physical world at the quantum scale (quantum physics).

The equations that physicists work with require these additional dimensions so that new symmetries can be defined that allow physicists to understand physical relationships between the various particle families.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by ButtUglyToad

Ribbit

Actually, if you read my next post.. I basically agreed with you. At least for the first part. I stated why they use these other dimensions, and.. here, I'll just copy+paste it for you.

My bad!

Didn't catch it.

I beg your kindest forgiveness.

Ribbit

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 04:05 AM
link   
If you could ask your dog or ask a bird in the tree 'What time is it?

What answer do you think you would get? Maybe you could consider it yourself for a moment.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 06:24 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnySeagull

Woof, woof or rustle, rustle ha, ha.
Seriously though. Time is made when i imagine tomorrow or yesterday. I create time, however, it is not really created, it is imagined. Time is thought. Without the ability to imagine, time would indeed not exist. It does not exist in reality, only in thought, imagination.
'Time' only ever appears in this moment of now, because it is always the present moment.
All 'things' appear presently.

It is the belief in time that creates a believed in separate entity. This belief in separation is what makes people feel unhappy and confused, they are lost in time.
Home is here and now. The placeless, timeless place.
Eternally now is what you are.

new topics

top topics

join