It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has ATS ever considered a whatpulse.org team?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2004 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Well, we've got a SETI@home team...basically whatpulse.org is a site with a little program. It's a key/click logger... only not in the traditional sense. It doesn't record specific keys you type, just the number you type. It records the number of clicks you do. It's quite interesting. Lets you know just how much you type a day...I'd be interested to see the statistics of ATS users. I bet we could make it to be the top team in no time!

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 09:31 PM
link   
I'm bumping this thread...why has no one responded?

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 09:42 PM
link   
patience is a virtue my friend...

anyway this is a good question but i think this will fit better in BTS...

i will try whatpulse.org none-the-less

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 09:44 PM
link   
I dont think many people on a conspiracy site would go for this idea. WhatPulse SAYS that they arent logging keystrokes, just keeping tabs on how many you pres. The key is entered into the program and then checked to see if its a valid key, so the program HAS the actual keys that you press, so it could easily send that off to the WhatPulse servers.

Odd

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 10:57 PM
link   
dreamlandmafia is right... if a keystroke logger shows up here, there will exist a potential threat to the relative secrecy of the RATS forum.

I sure as hell wouldn't tell anyone where Elvis is if Big Brother was tuning in.

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 11:17 PM
link   
My puter searches for the next Mersenne prime # while it is idle . The next on will have over 10 million digits . It took 50 days to factor the last one , and they have only found 40 of them to date....

$ 100,000 dollar prize for the first one with over 10 M digits , the winner(s) get half , and the other half goes to previous discoverers , the guy who wrote the program , and a few other places .

Anyone want to form a team and increase our chances of getting there first ?

I will look into the particulars and see if we get to choose our partners or not , and how many can be on a team .

It is called GIMPS if you want to look it up.... better odds than SETI !!

u2u me if interested .....I'll get back tomorrow to any replies.

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 12:10 AM
link   
Well Odd, here is a link to their privacy policy.
www.whatpulse.org...

The WhatPulse client checks the key you entered to see if it is valid. It does not however, transfer that information to the WhatPulse server. Only the number of keys you have entered is transferred from the client to their server.

This website has 100,000+ users, fairly well-known. I'd be willing to bet it's safe.

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 03:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by EliteXizer
Well Odd, here is a link to their privacy policy.
www.whatpulse.org...

The WhatPulse client checks the key you entered to see if it is valid. It does not however, transfer that information to the WhatPulse server. Only the number of keys you have entered is transferred from the client to their server.

This website has 100,000+ users, fairly well-known. I'd be willing to bet it's safe.

I went off topic there , my mind was wondering thinking about ATS related teams and side projects , it was not a comment about this thread at all . sorry for butting in....sounds wierd though now that I gave it a full read .

I u2u dreamlandmafia when I have puter trouble , and even though I am almost 3 times his age , I'm gonna take his oppinion into account on this one . The kid knows his shtuff !!!

Plus you sound like a salesman , and I wasn't shopping.....

[edit on 2-9-2004 by oddtodd]

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by dreamlandmafia
I dont think many people on a conspiracy site would go for this idea. WhatPulse SAYS that they arent logging keystrokes, just keeping tabs on how many you pres. The key is entered into the program and then checked to see if its a valid key, so the program HAS the actual keys that you press, so it could easily send that off to the WhatPulse servers.

K, the program doesn't store the key. It checks to see if it is valid when you enter it. The actual key you pressed doesn't get stored.

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Thats what i said. Since its checked by the program to make sure its a valid key, I said it COULD be send to the WhatPulse to be stored. They say that it doesnt, but what I said is that it COULD.

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Yes, it COULD, but it's NOT.

The program is safe.

End of discussion (it not being safe-wise).

top topics

join