It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should I join the Army....?!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   
A few questions for you to ask before joining if you decide you're going to:

"What is an MOS?"

"How does my ASVAB score + my current level of education affect my job within the US Army?"

"Do I really want to risk the chance of not getting the MOS I wanted and potentially winding up in 11B?"(Look it up)?

When I joined I knew what I wanted to do. I also knew that if I couldn't do that I would wind up in infantry, I like either or as a position and it doesn't bother me. But you need to understand the kind of crap that comes with any MOS you choose.

Don't use the Army website. Go and talk to a recruiter, and let him know you don't need the BS "Sell me the Army" crap. It will save you a lot of BS..This is ONLY if you have done your research. Do NOT do this without due diligence.

You don't choose your job until you get to MEPS(Look it up). It is based on availability and the needs of the Army. You also don't join the Army or any service until you have passed MEPS. Your recruiter will guide you through it(he won't be there but he'll give you pointers). If you do any drugs STOP NOW.

If you're not in shape, START NOW.

If you have a high school diploma and at least 15 college credits you will have more open to you than not. If you don't think you can handle the super hero stuff, there's plenty of jobs that require the use of your brain. I recommend them.

Combat MOS are for guys who want to live for the Army the rest of their lives. They'll either retire or die on the battle field. The guys who THOUGHT they could handle it usually wind up with some really bad issues down the line. You need to think about that VERY HARD if you're going down that route.

Secondly, do not let anyone tell you, once you've made your decision(Whether you choose to join or not), that your decision is wrong. You had better KNOW what you are doing is right for YOU and everyone else can go straight to hell.

If you think what the military does is all evil, baby killing, and blowing up innocent people, then it isn't for you. Don't bother.

I want guys who want to be there either next to me, or support in the rear. And you will find out very quickly that if you don't want to be there, your options are very limited.
edit on 28-10-2011 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by projectvxn
A few questions for you to ask before joining if you decide you're going to:

"What is an MOS?"

"How does my ASVAB score + my current level of education affect my job within the US Army?"

"Do I really want to risk the chance of not getting the MOS I wanted and potentially winding up in 11B?"(Look it up)?

When I joined I knew what I wanted to do. I also knew that if I couldn't do that I would wind up in infantry, I like either or as a position and it doesn't bother me. But you need to understand the kind of crap that comes with any MOS you choose.

Don't use the Army website. Go and talk to a recruiter, and let him know you don't need the BS "Sell me the Army" crap. It will save you a lot of BS..This is ONLY if you have done your research. Do NOT do this without due diligence.

You don't choose your job until you get to MEPS(Look it up). It is based on availability and the needs of the Army. You also don't join the Army or any service until you have passed MEPS. Your recruiter will guide you through it(he won't be there but he'll give you pointers). If you do any drugs STOP NOW.

If you're not in shape, START NOW.

If you have a high school diploma and at least 15 college credits you will have more open to you than not. If you don't think you can handle the super hero stuff, there's plenty of jobs that require the use of your brain. I recommend them.

Combat MOS are for guys who want to live for the Army the rest of their lives. They'll either retire or die on the battle field. The guys who THOUGHT they could handle it usually wind up with some really bad issues down the line. You need to think about that VERY HARD if you're going down that route.

Secondly, do not let anyone tell you, once you've made your decision(Whether you choose to join or not), that your decision is wrong. You had better KNOW what you are doing is right for YOU and everyone else can go straight to hell.

If you think what the military does is all evil, baby killing, and blowing up innocent people, then it isn't for you. Don't bother.

I want guys who want to be there either next to me, or support in the rear. And you will find out very quickly that if you don't want to be there, your options are very limited.
edit on 28-10-2011 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

Do exactly what this person says, he is spot on and knows his stuff.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Also not to dissuade you from joing the Army but have you looked into the Air Force?. They offer plenty of great training and can help you secure a good paying position in the civilian world. Id look into it.

<< 1  2   >>

join