It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should I join the Army....?!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 03:09 AM
link   
I am 22 and although I have a job at the moment, it's pretty bleak. Good pay although no pension, no perks nothing.

If I was to join the Army at least I'd get a pension at the end of it? It's something different and I might enjoy it..

The dilemma..

Joining the Army would go against everything I believe. The false wars, the brainwashing and the unforgivable thought of murder...

So joining just for the benefits and challenges seems quite selfish to me although it could set me up for a decent life in the long run? I left uni without a degree so jobs are really hard to come by!

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 03:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Kostas

Hi Kos,

You already know you are not going to join the army.

Stay with that.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 03:13 AM
link   
I am on the website, there's a good chance I might!

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 03:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Kostas

It is going against everything you believe, you said.

So you are not joining.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 03:25 AM
link   
hello brother, i know how you feel about the choice of joinning even though it goes against your beliefs.. I am 19 and struggling with the same decision except i wish to join the navy, which i believe by next year i will be apart of. I dont know how it works in the united kingdom i believe thats where your from? but here in Canada the forces offer tons of perks and a pension but also a 100% free university or colledge education to do whatever you wish such as comptuer technician, mechanic, electrician, politics(need to change), doctor, dentist, business, scientist etc... basically anything, they will pay for your education! Even though it is all false wars and brainwashing, the forces could be a great way to further your education and give you a amazing one of a kind experience, which almost everyone who i've talked to whos been through Canadian forces said it was one of the best times of their life. Remember also just because your in the forces doesn't mean your going to fight there are plenty of different jobs for a good career..
I hope i helped.. good luck with your future and your choice brother

Edit: Also remember who you are!! dont become a pawn or become brainwashed.. stay true to yourself, they will try and corrupt you.
edit on 28-10-2011 by blazer955 because: change information

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 03:28 AM
link   
My brother joined the army 4 years ago and he did it the same way as you just explained.

His base is in Austin Texas and he parties all the time lol,

When he was deployed he was in Afghanistan both times and is coming home in a couple days.

He absolutely hated most of the people he was with but has had some good experiences and a few bad. He got offered ranger school and scored highest out of everyone in his platoon or whatever it is.

He is pretty happy about the money he is coming home with tho
and is going to school in texas as well with the free schooling he gets.
edit on 28-10-2011 by Bonkrh because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 03:30 AM
link   
Yep. I totally understand your position, but I'd have to say no way to the army. Those guys don't care for you, you'll be just another piece of meat on the battlefield following the orders. Don't end up as another casualty statistic!

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 03:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Brad-H

the casualties stats over seas and in washington dc show that its safer over seas then in DC.. lol

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 03:39 AM
link   
Just filled out the app thing, gonna call them later. I feel so much of a coward towards myself, like a more guilty feeling but it could be the best decision I have made so far! It's not a definate that I'm joining but I am leaning that way!

link   
Don't join unless you want to be a pawn on a chessboard for evil

But if you do join...at least join something else other than the army. Join the Navy, Airforce, Marines..

edit on 10/28/2011 by mnmcandiez because: (no reason given)

link   
and when i get out,i can build refrigerators and stuff.....next.if you want to see the world.get off your butt
.if want to go to college,go to college.if your smart enough to be on ats,your skills are needed more on the homefront.plus the girls are way more plentiful.sow your oats and create more smart people.we need all we can get.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 03:50 AM
link   
Actually the military isn't a bad idea. Think of it as being a mercenary only without the dubious Black Water label.

As a side note try and get a drone of some sort! Really better to fight from afar then close range.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 03:55 AM
link   
No! Don't!

As Cat said, joining the army would go against everything that you believe in!

"Rules arent are my thing. Never have been and never will be."

First they destroy your spirit, your individualism and your BELIEFS, then they indoctrinate you with their way of thinking and the rest is not worth thinking about!

The job you are in is not necessarily a "forever" job and I am sure that you are able to do many other things, think TEFL, the courses are regularly available in the U.K. and you could end up travelling the world, meeting interesting people and teaching them instead of killing them! Just one idea and there are many others!
edit on 28/10/11 by wiser3 because: Spelling!

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 03:56 AM
link   
Ironic thing about all this is... How many people joined just like me with the same situation?! Not wanting to join but can see clearly the benefits! The fighting sector are really clever, I'll give them that! Perhaps thats the overall aim? Make employable such an ordeal and people will turn to us!

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 04:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Kostas

OK, dead.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 04:02 AM
link   
Sounds like you may be making a decision that will negatively impact the rest of your life.. I'm not saying nobody should join the army, I'm just saying given what you say about your beliefs and what not, you may end up feeling guilty, or do lasting psychological damage to yourself

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 04:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kostas
I am on the website, there's a good chance I might!

It's up to you. Running around shooting stuff sounds like fun to me, I wanted to join the armed aervices when I was younger. On the other hand you do face a moral and ethical choice. Follow your heart and do what you believe is the right thing for you... Take your time, it's a big choice. rememer... you already know what the right choice is... You just have to have the strength to make it.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 04:08 AM
link   
reply to post by wiser3

Thanks, wise

I have tried to save that boy.

What can you do?

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 04:11 AM
link   
So you want to fight against humanity and for the banks and
corporations? For a corrupt government? So you can get a decent
paying job?

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 04:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Kostas

Please don't do it!!!I was your age when i joined the army and it has been the biggest regret in my life.Please go to college and get student loans like the rest.Everyone who was in with me couldn't wait till it was over.Unless you are not that smart and enjoy being a hated minority and told how to live every minute of your life(unless you are going in as an officer) which you will be as a white man.. don't do it.I would give 20 years off my life to not have to go thru that misery again.It is not how you think it will be trust me.The army is for people,mostly blacks and Hispanics who aren't smart enough to go to college or do anything else for that matter..IT SUCKS SO BAD

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join