It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The dilemma

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 01:00 AM
link   
I am a believer in Jesus, as some of you probably know.

Here is my dilemma:

Jesus asks us to love each other, to forgive each other, and to care about each other.

But we are humans. And humans hate each other, do not forgive each other, and murder each other.

So, is Jesus asking us to go against our nature?

Maybe, Jesus, Buddha, and other loving and gentle spirits are sending us a simple message:

If, as individuals, we are loving and caring, it could spread to many other people.

So why not try it?

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 01:06 AM
link   
Well we can try it and even do it. There are however just a good number of spiritual psychopaths out there say like Nero or your local garden variety. Heck look what they did to Jesus.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 01:17 AM
link   
reply to post by catwhoknowsplusone

Part of the riddle lies in your answer to this question:

Who wants you to believe that it is "human nature" for us to hate and fight one another?

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 01:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by catwhoknowsplusone
I am a believer in Jesus, as some of you probably know.

Here is my dilemma:

Jesus asks us to love each other, to forgive each other, and to care about each other.

But we are humans. And humans hate each other, do not forgive each other, and murder each other.

So, is Jesus asking us to go against our nature?

Maybe, Jesus, Buddha, and other loving and gentle spirits are sending us a simple message:

If, as individuals, we are loving and caring, it could spread to many other people.

So why not try it?

Yeah and the irony is that you Jeebus believers are the first one to point fingers and say we're all going to hell if we don't believe the same things you do.

I've noticed that the people who don't believe in god or have rid themselves of religion lead far more peaceful lives and are more caring towards their fellow man.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 01:40 AM
link   
reply to post by l_e_cox

Hi l,

I don't want to believe that it is human nature, but it is what we see around us every day.

So, people en masse are horrible, but individuals can be fabulous.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 01:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Logarock

Hi Log,

Yes, the world is full of psychopaths, spiritual and otherwise.

But anyone who invites evil in has to pay in the end.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 01:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Shadow666

Shadow,

You have got me completely wrong. Just because I believe in Jesus I don't expect other people to.

What I am saying, though, is that if you live your life ruled by benevolence - Jesus, Buddha, or just helping your brother - then things will probably improve.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 01:53 AM
link   
Our nature is more dualistic; any person in the world can be incredibly kind and loving. That same person can be incredibly cruel and hateful.

At some point in your life, you do realize that being nice to others tends to bring in rewards. When you're bad to others; they are bad to you. When you are good to them, most of the time they are good to you. I'd rather call it Karma.

If you choose to believe in Jesus or Budha or whoever for this, that is your decision, but this concept is much, much older than they are. You find it in the oldest known writings and it does not involve any deities, just common sense from life experience.

Of course, if everybody decided to be kind to each other, the world would be a much better place. Problem is, a few people won't wrap their heads around it and they drag us down with them.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 02:00 AM
link   
reply to post by ajmusicmedia

Hi aj,

Let's refuse to be dragged down!

People always try and drag you down, but allowing them to is our own decision.

Yes, people are dualistic, but my point is, why not choose to be kind, loving and forgiving?

I have spent a lot of my life allowing people to drag me down.

NO MORE!

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 02:07 AM
link   

Hi Log,

Yes, the world is full of psychopaths, spiritual and otherwise.

But anyone who invites evil in has to pay in the end.

So what are you saying...we cant love everyone? lol

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 02:13 AM
link   
As a group, Christians are the most hateful, hyper-critical, and hypocritical people I know.

Why is that?

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 02:14 AM
link   

Shadow,

You have got me completely wrong. Just because I believe in Jesus I don't expect other people to.

What I am saying, though, is that if you live your life ruled by benevolence - Jesus, Buddha, or just helping your brother - then things will probably improve.

Or you could be crucified for your efforts, called demon possesed and a host of other names to justify your murder. Heck they may even think they are doing God a service. Thats the diffrence between Jesus and Buddah. No ones going to bother a naked guy walking around and smoking mother nature. lol But you get in someones face and demand respect.... look out!
edit on 28-10-2011 by Logarock because: sp

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 02:15 AM
link   

Log,

I am trying to make a bit of sense out of living.

If you can show kindness to just one person every day, even just a smile, that is helping humankind and the universe.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 02:22 AM
link   

Shadow,

The same benevolent Jesus who sent a bunch of bears to dismember some kids for making fun of one of his buddies?

No thanks. That's not the example I want to follow. I'm doing just fine on my own.

Cheers!
edit on 28-10-2011 by Shadow666 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 02:31 AM
link   

Well, Log,

Here is where I do not love or even like my fellow man.

It would be nice if you had a logical thinking process.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 02:34 AM
link   

OK,

Good luck on your own.

And what is that about bears - load of lies.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 02:44 AM
link   
It's natural to love,
unless you are in a state of being self-absorbed.
In the extreme, hate, pitting one against another, is usually
for greed, and power.Natural ? no just primitive.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 02:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Schkeptick

Hi Sch,

Yes, good question.

That is beacuse they are NOT Christians - they belong to the 'Christian' church, which also has nothing to do with Jesus.

Wow! I am getting verry pissed off on Jesus' behalf. How could he stand those people!

And I am so angry that a lot of churches call themselves Christian when they are not.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 04:05 AM
link   

OK,

Good luck on your own.

And what is that about bears - load of lies.

''2:23 And he went up from thence unto Bethel: and as he was going up by the way, there came forth little children out of the city, and mocked him, and said unto him, Go up, thou bald head; go up, thou bald head.
2:24 And he turned back, and looked on them, and cursed them in the name of the LORD. And there came forth two she bears out of the wood, and tare forty and two children of them''

There you go. And before you say 'but that was God's doing not Jesus'
here's something from Jesus' own mouth

"But those mine enemies, which would not that I should reign over them, bring hither, and slay them before me." Luke 19:27

How benevolent and loving

edit on 28-10-2011 by Shadow666 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Well, Log,

Here is where I do not love or even like my fellow man.

It would be nice if you had a logical thinking process.

Well you got that right. Its not a logical thinking process! In fact its not even a process at all.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join