It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who is Scott Olsen?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 10:25 PM
link   
He is you, me and and everyone else...

Source

The 24-year-old Scott Olsen makes a good living as a network engineer and has a nice apartment overlooking San Francisco Bay...Olsen had been helping to develop security applications for U.S. defense agencies, building on expertise gained while on active duty in Iraq, said Jeff Garon, the company's director of marketing.

Olsen was awarded seven medals while serving in the U.S. Marine Corps, which he left as a lance corporal in November 2009 after serving for four years. One of them was the Navy-Marine Corps Achievement Medal.

And yet, his friends say, he felt so strongly about economic inequality in the United States that he fought for overseas that he slept at a protest camp after work.

Does this feel familiar to you?

It was that feeling that drew him to Oakland on Tuesday night, when the clashes broke out and Olsen's skull was fractured.

The group Iraq Veterans Against the War blamed police for Olsen's injury. Oakland Police Chief Howard Jordan said officials will investigate whether officers used excessive force. He did not return calls seeking comment Thursday.

Police have said they responded with tear gas and bean bag rounds only when protesters began throwing bottles and other items at them...The mayor apologized and promised an investigation, according to Foster.

Wow! i will not post the video here because it sickens me everytime i watch it. Those cops knew who threw that canister, they were all there. I hope that they get arrested for the violence they displayed against unarmed innocent people.

Who are the cops protecting? certainly not Scott Olsen and certainly not us...

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by LiveEquation

They are serving the almight dollar and anyone who hands out the pay check. They have no loyalty to anything or anyone except dollars and cents. I can't understand why they can't realize that this is their land their family and their own futures that are being thrown away while they lick the boots for scraps off the globalists table. Anyone who sells their souls for 40 pieces of silver will end the same way as Judas.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Yeah I heard he got upgraded from critical condition, to Fair condition... Thats good to hear, such a tragedy what happened, and I wish we could have video evidence of what actually was fired at him, from the videos ive seen you cant quite see it, just see him drop, then a flash bang thrown into the middle of the group of people trying to help the poor guy...

Since the OP didnt want to post the vid, I wont either, but heres the vid code on youtube for it... v=QqNOPZLw03Q

Actually! I just found a new better video which shows everything(almost) - v=8kA1yP5eFuE

So it does appear it was a tear gas canister that hits him in the forehead to fracture his skull... oh my... and he was just standing there, peacefully

edit on 27-10-2011 by morder1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Unfortunately for the political deniers the true evidence was filmed. It is obvious flash bangs were utilized. It is obvious a person was down seriously injured. It is obvious the protesters, unarmed civilians were no threat to the officers and were trying to assist the injured party - and flash bangs were deliberately fired into the group - a group for the most part that is not even looking at the officers but is instead reacting to the injured party, who as we know was Veteran for Peace, former Marine Scott Olsen.

There is no way off the hook for these pansies - lie and cover - and yet there is video proof that makes it pretty clear what happened despite the denial. My guess is we well eventually learn who the cop was as he will be outed. The actions of that one cop - and the grave and unfortunate injury of a young man - god help us has esculated this issue.

These protesters were not rioting, and it is clear the use of force was abused.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Just to add to the thread... Heres some responses from marines about this incident

Im so glad we have russian media to let this kind of information out there to everybody, our media wouldnt touch it

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by morder1

That's for the vid mate. I think more than on cop was involved here. There is one who fired at his skull and then there is the other cruel and insensitive cop who threw that canister when people were trying to help the young man. I hope they get them all

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 11:09 PM
link   
This a picture of Scott Olsen, a very nice humble guy...
Picture Source

OK now what bothers me about the next picture is that the Cops knew that he was a war veteran, Why was he hit? was he hit on Purpose? Was he a target? Look at what is written on his T-shirt before he was hit...

The Cops knew he was a war veteran? they have no excuse

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   

He is you, me and and everyone else...

He may be you and everyone else, but he is a much better person than I am, I haven't signed my life over to protect my country, I haven't served a single tour of duty outside a video game, and I haven't attended one of these large OWS protests.

I wish I were as strong as this young man and I hope he pulls through.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by phishyblankwaters

Yes, it is true you haven't enrolled in the army. One way or another whatever your contribution to society is, we appreciate it and thank you for it. Each one of us is different and we have the same rights

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by phishyblankwaters

Truly not all are cut out to be the tip of the spear, we all do what we can though, as our situation allows and our conscience and sense of honor dictate. At least I would hope so
But whatever your contribution, even if just well wishes.. it's the thought that counts

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Thankfully he woke up earlier, and pretty much has all his marbles still. They say that he's still having some trouble speaking, and that they want to run some more tests to see if his brain swelling has gone down, but that he's ok and conscious of the people in his room.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   
I notice one of the comments on the second, longer, youtube vid listed above, some "person" claims after having seen aerial footage of this, he thinks Scott was running away and got hit by another protester.

If it weren't so pathetically sickening, that sort of comment would be quite funny.

Even with the footage in front of them, people still make excuses and justify the cops... there is NO disputing that coward threw the flash bang directly at the people helping someone injured, and as he did, he turned his head sideways as if nonchalantly whistling into the sky.. "Who me?"

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by morder1

Hopefully I've just embedded your video.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by MissSmartypants

i went against instinct and watched it again, what I find appalling is that the cop throws a canister close to an injured bleeding person on purpose...and he radios something before he backs a bit to throw it. what was the motive? Scott was already defenseless
edit on 28-10-2011 by LiveEquation because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Scott Olsen is like another vet, Bradley Manning, they took a stand and the system is trying to beat them down, aided by the corrupt media.

The cronies at certain media outlets will do everything they can to character assassinate this vet.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Blackmarketeer

I am actually surprised that no witnesses have come forward to say exactly what happened to him. We hope Scott has a speedy recovery and wish his family well.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   
This is indeed a tragedy and it goes against what police officers are supposed to stand for, Now I am a combat veteran and I will always back my fellow vets and support them however Id like to know why this cop opened fire with less lethal technology on a crowd of protesters when all reports say that the crowd was peaceful? If that is the case then this cop deserves to hang for his actions, Im not villifying this cop who seriously injured Olsen but Im hoping there was a "justified" and "legitimate" reason why he did so, These cops need to separate the gang bangers of Oakland from the peaceful protesters who have every right to protest their feelings especially with how seiously flawed this country is.
edit on 10-06-2011 by Blu82 because: grammar

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Blu82

You are right, it is rather a strange case. I wonder if it has anything to do with how the NYPD got embarassed by a war vetran earlier this month. I hate to make conjectures, but after seeing the video, i wondered if the cops are trying to make a statement against protesters who are war veterans...

There was thread earlier made about the Marine who embarassed 30 cops in New York

www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 28-10-2011 by LiveEquation because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   

NYPD should just be ashamed of themselves on many levels, sure they have a tough job but they make it worse and most of them have the NY attitude to go along with it, You pose a good question, was this in retaliation of the NY protesters? If so it makes this tragedy a disaster on every level. I hope the police arent making a statement by deliberately firing on protesters beause someone punked out a few cops with speaking the truth, as if our veterans have not been fired upon enough by insurgents who were trying to kill them only to come to be shot at with rubber bullets that can also kill just by the police for protesting about something that is very important to the people of this country, Im shocked and feeling a bit uneasy about this.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join