It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The 48 Laws of Power, Yes Again!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 10:25 PM
link   
The 48 Laws of Power have already been discussed at length on ATS. I was actually replying to another thread when I was overwhelmed with the feeling that this was all familiar some how like it was a plan, a great manipulation(the civil unrest, government disapproval, class warfare).

I couldn't put a finger on what it was and then it hit me it's to the letter by the book. The 48 laws. Because there are lengthy discussions already I only want to discuss a few of them, how they are being executed and what we are doing to help...

For those of you who aren't familiar with it The 48 Laws of Power is a book published in 1998 by Robert Greene.

Amoral, cunning, ruthless, and instructive, this piercing work distills three thousand years of the history of power in to forty-eight well explicated laws. As attention-grabbing in its design as it is in its content, this bold volume outlines the laws of power in their unvarnished essence, synthesizing the philosophies of Machiavelli, Sun-tzu, Carl von Clausewitz, and other great thinkers.

Here is a complete list of the 48 with a brief description of each.

www2.tech.purdue.edu...

They (the unseen puppet masters) are executing most of the 48 flawlessly. Weather it is intentional or not it is quite obvious that it's effective and being employed.

Law 3

Conceal your Intentions

Keep people off-balance and in the dark by never revealing the purpose behind your actions. If they have no clue what you are up to, they cannot prepare a defense. Guide them far enough down the wrong path, envelope them in enough smoke, and by the time they realize your intentions, it will be too late.

This one is probably the most used. Very effective and ravaging American society.

Do you or I ever really know the intentions of the PTB? We fight each other we march we demonstrate for all kinds of causes, sometimes people actually get laws changed but more often then not it is shady change. Case in point the health care bill. Hundreds of pages of legal speak and underhanded deals slipped into what many hoped would be real legitimate change.

No one ever really revealed the contents of the bill. . . The left touted it as miraculous while the right complained it was too big to read. . . But did either side break it down for you?

t's outlined in sections 440 and 1904 of the House bill (Page 838), under the heading "home visitation programs for families with young children and families expecting children." The programs (provided via grants to states) would educate parents on child behavior and parenting skills.

The bill says that the government agents, "well-trained and competent staff," would "provide parents with knowledge of age-appropriate child development in cognitive, language, social, emotional, and motor domains ... modeling, consulting, and coaching on parenting practices," and "skills to interact with their child to enhance age-appropriate development."

Are you kidding me?! With whose parental principles and values? Their own? Certain experts'? From what field and theory of childhood development? As if there are one-size-fits-all parenting techniques! Do we really believe they would contextualize and personalize every form of parenting in their education, or would they merely universally indoctrinate with their own?

townhall.com...

Does anyone honestly think that the REPUBLICANS really cared to stop Obama Care? Do you really believe any republican candidate could or would repeal it?

Law 4

Always Say Less than Necessary

When you are trying to impress people with words, the more you say, the more common you appear, and the less in control. Even if you are saying something banal, it will seem original if you make it vague, open-ended, and sphinx like. Powerful people impress and intimidate by saying less. The more you say, the more likely you are to say something foolish.

Nothing surprising here. Politicians bread and butter. The problem is the media and average voters are satisfied with vague sweeping statements. We will never get an explanation if we don't stand up and demand one. Though changes to the traditional status quo of political double speak will probably never happen. You can't force honesty on someone.

Law 9

Win through your Actions, Never through Argument

Any momentary triumph you think gained through argument is really a Pyrrhic victory: The resentment and ill will you stir up is stronger and lasts longer than any momentary change of opinion. It is much more powerful to get others to agree with you through your actions, without saying a word. Demonstrate, do not explicate.

Law 11

Learn to Keep People Dependent on You

To maintain your independence you must always be needed and wanted. The more you are relied on, the more freedom you have. Make people depend on you for their happiness and prosperity and you have nothing to fear. Never teach them enough so that they can do without you.

I want to roll these two together. Law 9 basically states do not ask, do. More and more these day we see our government doing the opposite of what the majority of people want. They do it for our benefit because they know better and because we let them. Patriot act, Obama Care, bail outs, all forced down our throats, all take away your freedoms and your right and ability to prosper.

Law 11 is the bait. They give us entitlements, incentives, "help". But this is just a ploy. Not so much a distraction, it's more a "see we do these things for you aren't they great". "We know you may not like X (whatever we did employing Law 9), but trust us it is for the best.

Law 17

Keep Others in Suspended Terror: Cultivate an Air of Unpredictability

Humans are creatures of habit with an insatiable need to see familiarity in other people’s actions. Your predictability gives them a sense of control. Turn the tables: Be deliberately unpredictable. Behavior that seems to have no consistency or purpose will keep them off-balance, and they will wear themselves out trying to explain your moves. Taken to an extreme, this strategy can intimidate and terrorize.

This one in my mind is probably the most despicable and since 911 the most effective tool of the PTB. After 911 we begged for war for protection to see our soldiers in action so we could feel safe. So big brother gave us what we wanted while lining their pockets and laughing. The patriot act robbed us of so much freedom no matter what kind of dress up you put it on it. Though it was set to expire in February of 2011 many aspects of it were covertly made permanent (although much of it has undergone extreme alteration).

Because this is already becoming lengthy I'm going to stop there. I think this is a good way to try and understand the players and their mentalities. When we (regular people) don't know the rules of the game of course we are going to be outplayed. Our own ignorance (in general, less amongst most ats members) is playing right into the PTB's agenda.

I would be interested to see what other "laws" members notice being employed with great success and how or why we let it happen. The more we know about the way power is wielded the better our defense and awareness can be. . .

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 10:45 PM
link   
When one realizes he is a slave,
he is then categorized as an insurgent.

insurgent
: a person who revolts against civil authority
or an established government; especially :
a rebel not recognized as a belligerent

join