It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Dog Bites Off N.M. Man's Genitals

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2004 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Just a note here FYI. NO dog should ever be chained! A dog quickly learns that it can not retreat, that it is vulnerable...and thus through insecurity, will attack rather than try to run when frightened, scared, or startled, because it knows it can't run to get away. I have never understood the mentality of owning a dog to stick it our in the yard, or worse chain it. Dogs are social creatures, they need to be with other dogs or their human families, otherwise, it's like being locked away from all contact only getting a bit of attention when it gets food and water...thus they become jumping fools and when off the chain or out of the yard...become uncontrollable with running around, jumping, ect....because it is so overwhelmed at being free....then the owners are usually yelling at "the stupid dog", when in realty it is their fault the dog is acting that way. No one should have a dog if they aren't going to put in the time to research the breed they get, put proper time into training, and learn about the canine in general. Most "problems" with dogs are from the owner's side, not understanding the physiology of the animal. Its like people putting their dog out of the bedroom at night to sleep, they may be doing it so the dog can guard the house...but to the dog...it is being punished. Dogs are pack animals and the human family is it's pack In the pack, all the dogs sleep together, unless one has done something wrong, then the leader of the pack (in the human pack, YOU are the leader, I hope) will nip at the dog and make it sleep a bit away from the rest of the pack...so to the dog, it is being punished for something and doesn't know for what.

Ok.........I'll go back and shut up now...

posted on Aug, 31 2004 @ 11:42 PM
link   
I own 2 dogs, both mutts. One is part chow and part shepard. The other part dalmation and part shepard. Both are extremly protective. The chow follows my wife everywhere in the house. That dog is her personal protector. They will bark at any stranger who gets anywhere near our house. They have barked and growled at friends, strangers to them, who have come over, but they have never attacked anyone.

I have always believed, and never been proven wrong, that animals are a better judge of character then humans. If my dogs or cats don't like someone, then that tells me a lot about that person.

Animals don't attack for no reason, it's just some animals need less reason then others.

posted on Aug, 31 2004 @ 11:50 PM
link   
Don't shut up! You are 100% correct! Both my dogs and all three cats are inside animals. If you treat your animals right they will be good "people". Most dogs I have seen that are left out are not as smart as dogs who are around people. We talk to our dogs, and they have quickly learned our phrasing and commands.

When I tell them to "get in the bedroom" they immediately go to the bedroom, and wait there till I close the door. We have to do this when leaving the door open. The also know, "wanna go potty", "treats", "go lay down", "bedtime" and a bunch of other commands.

With the right owners any dog can be a good animal and peacefully blend in with humans.

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 12:02 AM
link   
I never really thought of German shepard dogs as being aggressive. I probably think of this because a neighbor once had one when I was a little kid. The dog could almost sense my presence and I couldn't get closer than 100 ft before it would take off and run as fast as possible away from me. I always thought of these dogs as being very timid after that. I don't believe aggressive dogs should be running loose on the street though. I thought there were leash laws or something for animals though.

I'll add this though, if I am simply walking down the street minding my own business and a dog or any animal wants to come after me and attack, I should have the right to kill it in self defense.

[edit on 1-9-2004 by orionthehunter]

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 12:04 AM
link   
phreak_of_nature Very true. Scientists have learned that dogs are much like babies...the more stimulus they get, the better the mind. A "well cared for dog has the intelligence and reasoning of a two year old child. My babies are inside, well socialized, and trained. I have two pits, a miniature Schnauzer and a 5 1/5 pound Pomeranian...they are well behaved members of the family! I have never understood someone that gets an animal with no research first as to what they are getting...it took me eight months of reading and research before deciding to own Tarantulas as pets...animals are not disposable, and shouldn't be an impulse purchase...you accept the responsibility of that animal, it's lot in life, it's health, happiness...for it's life time! You don't just say, oh I didn't know blaa, blaa, blaa...and "get rid" of it.....
I have actually known people that gave their companion pet away, because it was tearing things up when they left it alone! The idiots didn't bother to contact anyone and learn why....this is usually separation anxiety...they love and miss their owner so much, they act out in bad behavior...imagine the trauma on the dog, loving it's owner that much, and then to be given away! There are ways to deal and train the dog with separation anxiety...but most numnuts will just yell at the poor animal and give it away!
See, you shouldn't of told me not to shut up

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 12:11 AM
link   
Let's see....why did this story make the news?! Because it involves a pit bull attack annnnd b/c someone's sack got swalloed and digested by a dog most Americans fear....

WAIT.....THIS JUST IN!
When's the last time a news story on irrate squirells biting fingers off happened....or cats who bite little kids...here's a public service announcement for those that think all pits should be banned b/c one decided to try human flesh instead of the red meat its owners no doubt gave it....Get a brain!
And...a new pair

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 12:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by EnronOutrunHomerun
Let's see....why did this story make the news?! Because it involves a pit bull attack annnnd b/c someone's sack got swalloed and digested by a dog most Americans fear....

Yup, personally I wished it was one of those shnitzel dogs. Boy could we have had fun with that one.

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 12:26 AM
link   
I would like to nominate that guy for a Darwin Award!

A least that's one stupid guy that won't be passing on his genes.

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 12:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by EnronOutrunHomerun

WAIT.....THIS JUST IN!
When's the last time a news story on irrate squirells biting fingers off happened....

well maybe the evil squirrels didn't bite off fingers but they did cause vandalism and a car wreck.

www.thecarolinachannel.com...

I have been reading regular reports on a news site about these evil squirrels. Animals can be dangerous.

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 12:37 AM
link   
On the news yesterday they had the resident medical expert discussing the possibility of reattaching the mans genitals.

I had to laugh. "If the penis is found and then put on ice, it can be reattached within an eight hour period" the doctor says.

I don't think I would want them sewing dog feces to my crotch. 'Cause if they find it, that's what it will be.

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 12:59 AM
link   
Thesaneone asked previously
"why was he naked?"

good question!

I have an additional question.
How the HECK did he FLEE THE SCENE, afterwords?
I doubt if I could muster up a good run after those casualties...

Someone mentioned Angel dust, probably correct..!

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 05:13 AM
link   
German Shepards can be also be unstable. I know a girl who has a German Shepard that did the same thing that the pit bull is accused to a neighbour, only the man had the clothes on and it was not that serious, but the family of the girl had to pay a lot of money to the man.
She said that the god was not like that when was young, but they noticed that the dog was changing with the time.

And do not know if this could be the case, but I've heard that is relatively common to dogs to have cerebral tumours and things like that, that sometimes may be the reason for the changing in character.

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 05:24 AM
link   
Having your balls bitten off is no laughing matter... that is some serious stuff............

But you have to question

1. Why was the man naked in the park?
2. Was the dog provoked to bite him?
3. If answer to Q2 is Yes, then what was he doing that made the dog
go specifically for his tools..?

Pitbulls are pure bred killing machines but you can appreciate the upset of a family who owns one that is instructed to have the animal put to sleep.. Imagine if you had a child with learning disabilities who was incredibly strong and did something that was bad.. you were then told that your son was to be executed for this. Although the punishment may be considered viable, you can appreciate that a family is losing a loved one. Dogs are like part of the family (all dog owners will be able to relate to that one...)

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 06:28 AM
link   
We just adopted a 14 week old pit/staff mix from the animal shelter. He is great! The most a pit will do is lick you to death. These dogs were bred to be human frinedly, but animal agressive. Socializing the dogs at an early age can help offset the animal aggression, but it may not eliminate it. Always have a dog on a leash, no matter what breed. I can tell you, if you are outside with your lab, off a leash, and I am casually walking by with my pit on a leash, there might be a problem. My dog may not sart the fight, but he will finish it!. And guess who would be at fault?

In the early 20th Century, AmStaffs/ Pitt Bull Terriers were the most sought after family pet. They were also the unofficial mascot of the US, next to the Bald Eagle. It has been the backyard breeders who have ruined their name. I am going to try an be an ambassador for the pitbull: taking him out in public, and letting people see how friendly they can be.

[edit on 1-9-2004 by nathraq]

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ocelot
Man... having your genitals bitten off by a pitbull....*shudders*

That's just wrong. Poor bastard.

What would you prefer to a Pitbull then..??

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 03:40 PM
link   
I lived in a neighborhood with a large dog population and a diversity of ethnic families. It is my observation that pit bulls are owned by blacks and mexicans and the whites do not.
Are the tendencies of violence the pit bulls protray a reflection of there owners? Maybe. Or are these ethnic groups seeking the highest form of protection from there neighbors.

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 03:10 PM
link   
This happened not far from where I live, I talked to some people around there and it appears that the man was actually trying to mount the dog from behind. The dog let out a cry and turned on him. Of course this was left out off all of the news reports. But, the way the things go in New Mexico, it always someone else's fault, in this case the dog. I doubt anything legal wise will happen to the man. But the dog on the other hand....

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Koka

Originally posted by Ocelot
Man... having your genitals bitten off by a pitbull....*shudders*

That's just wrong. Poor bastard.

What would you prefer to a Pitbull then..??

LMAO!! I wouldn't prefer anything. Im just saying it's just messed up. Getting your genitals bitten off by anything is horrible, pitbull or not.

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Drew321
This happened not far from where I live, I talked to some people around there and it appears that the man was actually trying to mount the dog from behind. The dog let out a cry and turned on him. Of course this was left out off all of the news reports. But, the way the things go in New Mexico, it always someone else's fault, in this case the dog. I doubt anything legal wise will happen to the man. But the dog on the other hand....

Being a Pit and Rottie owner, I've been watch this story quite closely. I have been wondering why this guy was naked in the park. So, he was trying to mount the dog? Can't blame the Pit for not being happy with that situation?

Wonder if it had been a lab that did this if it would have made the news?

Lily

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join