It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Dog Bites Off N.M. Man's Genitals

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2004 @ 07:54 PM
link   
A man was found naked with his genitals missing after being attacked today. He appeared disoriented and fled on foot after being attacked by none other than a pit bull.

ABCNEWS.com Full Article

ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. Aug. 31, 2004 � A man whose genitals were bitten off by a pit bull remained in serious condition Tuesday, and the dog remained on the loose.

The man, who has not been identified, was attacked Monday while walking the dog. When police arrived to help, the man appeared disoriented and fled on foot but police tracked him to a nearby park, said Detective Jeff Arbogast of the Albuquerque Police Department.

The man was naked when found at the park, but it was unclear at what point he had taken off his clothes. Neighbors had seen him playing with the dog earlier in the day.

Arbogast said investigators do not know why the man was naked, and remain uncertain about some circumstances surrounding the attack.
The brown pit bull remained missing Tuesday, and police warned people who see it to stay away and call animal control.

A nearby elementary school was locked down following the incident and parents were called to pick up students who usually walk home.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

There have been many people attacked by the infamous pit bull throughout the nation and world. Gov. Bill Richardson released a statement saying he would now propose legislation next year aimed at holding owners of dangerous dogs accountable for their pets.

Can something good come from all of this?

[edit on 8-31-2004 by Valhall]

posted on Aug, 31 2004 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Man, you may want to reconsider the title, I see no humour here.Yikes.

posted on Aug, 31 2004 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Here in Toronto, Canada there is talk about banning Pit-Bulls

They are saying that they can be used as a deadly weapon.

posted on Aug, 31 2004 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Thats just sick! Ughh!

posted on Aug, 31 2004 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by William One Sac
Thats just sick! Ughh!

No doubt. How many more people have to be hurt before we do take action. Have taken off 2 kids in my 10 year PICU career that were mauled by Pit Bulls, its a breed that I can do without!

PS. Kind of gives a new meaning to your nickname eh William

[edit on 31-8-2004 by FredT]

posted on Aug, 31 2004 @ 08:06 PM
link   
I can't imagine how badly that hurt. I mean, us guys know how much it hurts t barely get hit there...

posted on Aug, 31 2004 @ 08:08 PM
link   
New Mexico is on a roll, first eight year old kids getting thrown in jail and now this.
The sad thing is that these events are routine in nature by New Mexico standards, we hide our really "GOOD" news. The only thing positive I can take from this is the "New Mexico Cocktail" isn't part of the equation, you know, Gangs, Guns, Drugs, and Alcohol; merely canines and a lack of modesty...

posted on Aug, 31 2004 @ 08:42 PM
link   
I thought this was a "Deny Ignorance" site.....I work with animals every day....I have several pits a week come in, they are never my problem dogs..I own two of them. It is the owners NOT the dogs....in almost every case of any pit bull problem, you will find underneath an uninformed, irresponsible owner! You may never hear the whole story, as it will be buried on the back pages of the news paper..."if" it even makes it to the paper! The attack that resulted in the banning of this wonderful breed in Cincinnati, was the attack and death of a child (. It was reported that a family dog had killed the child. The father of this child should of been arrested and put in jail in my opinion! The idiot of a human, wanted to breed his pit female (I abhor idiot back yard breeder scum that only want to make money off breeding an animal, if you breed properly you don't make money) this father, bought a pit off the street for $50 (no genetic testing of the animal to be sure no negative traits were being passed on, knew nothing about the animal)...and put it in the back yard to breed with his female leaving his child with them out in the yard when they started mating, the child thought the dog was hurting his dog and started hitting the male and the male attacked him...ANY dog would do this during mating.....there is always some stupid human error behind these attacks, and I will do some digging into this one also. I have owned and rescued many, many pits in my life as I have worked closely with the pit bull rescue. They are loving dogs that become ruined by idiot double digit morons! Yes, I am passionate about this, Pits, Schnauzers and German Shepherds are my breeds! FOr the record. I have many animals in my home, including a 51/5 foot iguana, 4 ferrets, cats, two smaller dogs, spiders, degue, rats, fish, birds and geckos...my pit do not bother any of them!

There are tons of good people on the net trying to dispell the pit bull myth and make people realize it is the owners, not the breed......Remeber that ANY dog can be made vicious when abused the way pits are trained for fighting..I hope every sub-human that fights a dog for sport or money get his, it take a low, sick, piece of scum to do this, part of the problem is that the poor pit is the current popular "gangsta" and ghetto dog

Please read and learn......deny ignorance

www.forpitssake.org...

www.pitbullsontheweb.com...

www.badrap.org...

posted on Aug, 31 2004 @ 09:02 PM
link   
LadyV, I would have to agree with you completely. It's all about how you treat and train the animals. I've got four cats, three dogs, a rabbit, and a rat...they all live together in harmony. One of my dogs is a German Shepherd, the other is some weird mix...but I think it is part pitbull. I've also got a Boston Terrier.

BTW, how are those ferrets? I'm really considering getting one in the future...

posted on Aug, 31 2004 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by EliteXizer[/i

BTW, how are those ferrets? I'm really considering getting one in the future...

You have a U2U

posted on Aug, 31 2004 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Thanks for pointing out the truth about pit bulls, Lady V. They really do make wonderful pets who are trustworthy around children & also very protective of children in the family.

We had a situation in Australia for many years [forget how long, but it was decades] where our "cockies" [farmers] were hugely prejudiced against German Shepherds, saying that these would mate with dingoes & produce a hybrid sheep-killing machine. German Shepherd imports into Oz were forbidden for many years. The dingo, BTW, is NOT a killer, so forget the Azaria story.

Dog owners have to be responsible - the case of that child mauled during an unattended mating is a classic example of imassive irresponsibility on the owner's part.

posted on Aug, 31 2004 @ 09:25 PM
link   
LMFAO!!! OMG. This is way too funny. But OUCH!!!!! I can just see this. No. I really don't want to see this. But if I were on the receiving end I would want to be the one who personally got to put the dog to sleep. Then I'd have its.. um... neverminds... mounted on my wall.

posted on Aug, 31 2004 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Mirthful is right- I'm originally from New Mexico and this news is for publication. The real news gets forgotten.
(remember the pen riots?)

To those that think pits are just grand that's fine. As this is DENY IGNORANCE how about posting the %s of dog attakcs perpetrated by "the breeds?"

My solution is simple- no dogs on my property. If a dog comes on my property it will be only once. If I am out and see a dog I immediately leave or get armed. I have seen dog attacks, I worked feral patrols (in New Mexico) and know first hand how quickly the most mundane canine go go ballistic.

posted on Aug, 31 2004 @ 09:29 PM
link   
You probably have the greenest grass in the neighborhood

posted on Aug, 31 2004 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Oh man...
I was going to post this last night after I saw it on the news, but I couldn't find a local site that specifically said he got his junk bit off.

To add to the story...
Eyewitnesses reporting seeing the man in his underwear and T-shirt playing with the dog moments before the attack. Police believe he was dressed this way because he was on drugs.

Last report had the man in stable but critical condition.
I think I remember an inital report saying the dog belonged to the man.

This is all I can add to this based on what I heard on the news.

On a personal note, if the guy was high on angel dust, that may explain why he shed his clothes. People in that condition have a tendency to do this. If he was rough-housing with the dog, and angered it, it most likely could have attacked.

posted on Aug, 31 2004 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Hmm, a man found naked with his genitals bit off by the dog....
why am I skeptical that this was the dog's fault here?
Could this man have been naked BEFORE the attack perhaps, and antagonized the animal in some.....disturbing manner?
Love your pets, just dont LOVE your pets....

[edit on 1-9-2004 by CazMedia]

posted on Aug, 31 2004 @ 11:07 PM
link   
I'm sorry but i have to why was he naked?
the only thing that i can think off is he was... I cant even say it
peanutbutter stick ok I said it

sorry

posted on Aug, 31 2004 @ 11:26 PM
link   
For most of my childhood my family had Alsatians, beautiful dogs, kind, loving and extremely protective...to their masters only. I recall one day playing with one who was especially fond of me, and a friend of the family approached me, thank God he was chained or that man would have been mauled. Only I was able to calm and control the dog.

Perhaps it was the way we reared them, I don't know, I was too young to recall, all I know is that I had no fear of them and they never hurt me.

At the same token, I had an aunt and uncle who had a doberman, for some reason that breed scared the bejeesus out of me. One day while visiting, she, the dog, jumped onto the couch and onto my lap, rolled over, splayed her legs in the air and wanted her stomach rubbed. I was smitten, but only that one time. To this day I will cross the street if one is approaching me.

Two years ago at a pool party a co-worker reached over to pet the host's rottweiler, he was quite enjoying the ear scartching until her boyfriend walked over and placed his hand on his girlfriend's shoulder. He lost an ear, almost an eye and ended up with a couple dozen stitches. The animal had never attacked anyone before.

My point is that certain dogs have certain reputations, and they have them for a reason. No one fears Poodles, or Lhassa Apsos, or St. Bernards, or Newfoundlands, or Aghans because their nature is one of timidity. Pit bulls, Alsatians, Dobermans and such are not by nature timid dogs, so I do not agree that it has to do with training. Training may contribute to docility but will not curtail the inherited aggressive trait.

Owners need to understand that certain breeds need to be specially handled in public, and if that means muzzles then so be it, anything less is unacceptable.

posted on Aug, 31 2004 @ 11:29 PM
link   
OK.. now this is the funniest thing I've seen all night. A reply to a post about a man's genitals being bitten off by a person named "SomewhereinBetween" lol

posted on Aug, 31 2004 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Man... having your genitals bitten off by a pitbull....*shudders*

That's just wrong. Poor bastard.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join