It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Summoning baron Samedi for Halloween?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Hello , Ats. I've been thinking of summoning Voodoo Loa Baron Samedi on Halloween but I have few questions about doing so. Will he be busy? As an American , Halloween is a big slightly spiritual day here in America but I'm not sure about Haiti or Africa where the roots of Voodoo are said to come from. How hard is it to summon Baron Samedi? Obviously he's one of the most famous Loa in the world and I'm wondering if because of his infamous profile , if he's a harder Loa to contact then Baron La Croix or Cimetière.

Now some of you may think I shouldn't summon Samedi without a plan in my mind but I'm afraid if I ask him for something , he may not answer. All I'm really interested is a small chat or handshake perhaps.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Reptius

All I'm really interested is a small chat or handshake perhaps.

A small chat or a handshake?
Tea and scones after?
An autograph?

You cant be serious.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Cosma
reply to post by Reptius

All I'm really interested is a small chat or handshake perhaps.

A small chat or a handshake?
Tea and scones after?
An autograph?

You cant be serious.

What exactly should I expect? I noted I had questions in the first post. Again , I'm afraid of asking thing in particular in case he won't respond. Have you ever summoned a Loa before? I was kind of looking for people with previous experience at these kind of things.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Reptius
if he's a harder Loa to contact then Baron La Croix or Cimetière.

Aren't they just incarnations of Samedi? In any case, make sure you think this out before you do it.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Reptius

Although I am not quite sure where you are going with it, I had to reply to your thread.

I am dressing up as Baron Samedi for Halloween this year. I am doing so to pay homage to him as I have his veve tattooed down my back. After getting it, I really don't think it made him too happy. I wouldn't have believed it if it didn't happen to me personally, but I experienced some very scary stuff shortly after my tattoo.

I'd be careful what you wish for my friend...

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by harlot7
reply to post by Reptius

Although I am not quite sure where you are going with it, I had to reply to your thread.

I am dressing up as Baron Samedi for Halloween this year. I am doing so to pay homage to him as I have his veve tattooed down my back. After getting it, I really don't think it made him too happy. I wouldn't have believed it if it didn't happen to me personally, but I experienced some very scary stuff shortly after my tattoo.

I'd be careful what you wish for my friend...

Hmm, What has happened since you got that tattoo?

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by harlot7
reply to post by Reptius

I am dressing up as Baron Samedi for Halloween this year.

You should show up at the OP's house on Halloween and scare the crap out of him.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 09:21 PM
link   
All due respect, this is not the forum for that question. Summoning loa isn't the same as summoning demons but it has to be done in the right way. Very very respectfully. I'd consult an experienced voodoo practicioner about this. Samedi is not a loa to trifle with(not that any are).

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by radosta
All due respect, this is not the forum for that question. Summoning loa isn't the same as summoning demons but it has to be done in the right way. Very very respectfully. I'd consult an experienced voodoo practicioner about this. Samedi is not a loa to trifle with(not that any are).

I honeslty doubt this Person who may not know about the risk involved in Magick......(lol) can actually have sucess in Vodou if he is asking these questions .....Sounds like a cry for attention to me .....He has alot of reading to do
edit on 27-10-2011 by Mandelbrot2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Reptius

I had the most vivid and horrifying "dream" of my life. I still wonder if it was real or just a dream. Samedi was there in all his glory and he brought a few friends with him. Not to get into too many details but my mom was with him, who by the way, is no longer on this earth.

Lets just say, it was terrifying. Throughout this experience, my back burned with a pain I've never felt before. It was "sizzling" almost like an electrified feeling at the exact point where the veve is located.

I've had some other experiences as well. I feel like I have a cloud of negative mojo around me. I'm going to try to embrace it I guess, and hope to turn it to my advantage.

Real? Imagined? Who really knows. I believe that we sometimes "bring about, what we think about". So just think long and hard before you summons the loa of Death. ; )

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mandelbrot2012

I honeslty doubt this kid can actually have sucess in Vodou if he is asking these questions .....Sounds like a cry for attention to me .....He has alot of reading to do

I asked a few simple questions.
Is there really a need to insult me and call me a kid?

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 10:01 PM
link   

I honeslty doubt this kid can actually have sucess in Vodou if he is asking these questions .....Sounds like a cry for attention to me .....He has alot of reading to do

Forgive me it just appeared you were a youngster who is trying to learn about Vodou or voodoo but seriously if you had the potential to summon the Great Baron .....You wouldnt be asking these questions. It is no small feat inviting death into your life and in time you will see or feel what I mean .......Sorry for hurting your feelings really .......Good luck with your Summoning party on saturday

I just had a vision ........You will shake hands with death not Samedi ..........You wish to hold the hand of death and youll see what it gets you .........Dont fool with stuff unless you know the consequences !!!!!!!
edit on 27-10-2011 by Mandelbrot2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 02:56 AM
link   

No offense, but you don't seem to understand how serious something like this really is.

Ever had an experience before where you think you are in control, and then you quickly realize that you have no control over what is happening to you and your instincts scream at you to curl up into the safety position and pretend that everything will go back to normal? But it doesn't? Welcome to the world of magick.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 03:04 AM
link   
it's not a coincidence his name or spirit is being brought up today. literally 5 minutes ago I learned about him for the first time and there was a strong 'feeling' from the story being told. my muscles tensed.
something is going on. I am very secular and skeptical, but even i'll admit there seems to be dark forces at work, something...

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 03:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Reptius

You would be a Fool to dabble in the occult and even attempt to "summon" anything.

The Bible absolutely forbids such things and it would be a big sin against God to do so.
edit on 28-10-2011 by RevelationGeneration because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 03:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Reptius

KEEP AWAY FROM THAT ENTITY!

Wow, Rep,

That is my message to you from the benevolents.

That punched into my head so hard it hurt.

Please do not do this.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 03:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by RevelationGeneration
reply to post by Reptius

You would be a Fool to dabble in the occult and even attempt to "summon" anything.

The Bible absolutely forbids such things and it would be a big sin against God to do so.

Your bible, or your religion, is not supreme. It is simply a path one can take that leads to the same destination as other paths. Your ability to get to the destination is determined by your faith.

Personally, I'd rather control my own destiny by taking my own route, not by placing my spiritual energy into the hands of some religious management agency that modern Christianity has become. That doesn't mean that I advocate people to jump into the occult either, but at the same time, one must achieve spiritual balance.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 03:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi

reply to post by Reptius

Your bible, or your religion, is not supreme. It is simply a path one can take that leads to the same destination as other paths. Your ability to get to the destination is determined by your faith.

Personally, I'd rather control my own destiny by taking my own route, not by placing my spiritual energy into the hands of some religious management agency that modern Christianity has become. That doesn't mean that I advocate people to jump into the occult either, but at the same time, one must achieve spiritual balance.

John 14:6 "Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me."

Only one road leads to salvation and there is only one door – Jesus Christ.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 03:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi

reply to post by Reptius

John 14:6 "Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me."

Only one road leads to salvation and there is only one door – Jesus Christ.

Seems rather selfish for him to proclaim that, doesn't it?

Personally, I never believed in all of the hype that modern Christians moan about Jesus. I think Jesus was a regular person, just like anyone else, who decided that he didn't want to be told how to live by the powers that be and advocated for others to do the same. God was the fashion at the time since it personified the higher order than the power of the ruling class (Rome).

I certainly do believe in the higher order... but it is not something that one can simply characterize, especially as human (vanity is a sin afterall).

And hiding behind scripture means that one doesn't actually understand the bigger picture well enough to make spiritual decisions of their own. I have serious mistrust for hierarchies of patronage, especially religious, where the only place for common followers is to pay for salvation.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi

Selfish not at all, unlike other religious leaders Jesus came straight out with it and Told us exactly who he was, God's only begotten son! You say I'm hiding behind scripture? No I'm not But i use scripture as my final authority as that's the only thing in this world that i trust and ive established my world view around it.

You reject the Gospel there for you have already made the decision that you would prefer death over eternal life. If a man will not obey the simple Gospel, then he will not listen to the wisdom of words... "lest the cross of Christ should be made of none effect" (1st Corinthians 1:17).

If you won't accept God's free gift of eternal life from just hearing the Gospel, then there is NOTHING we can say to make any difference... "And he said, Nay, father Abraham: but if one went unto them from the dead, they will repent. And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets [i.e., the Bible],neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead" (Luke 16:30,31).

Oh and for what its worth, I haven't been a Christian for long.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join