It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Grizzly Bear Attack? Shut him down with a telescopic baton

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Don't get upset when I say this. I think you need to stop making threads. You are going to get someone killed.

Brown bears and black bears are nothing to play around with. They have very thick hides and very thick skulls. They can be very aggressive and they will kill you if threatened. A baton will have no effect whatsoever.

You would be better off taking a spear or long knife with you. At least then you will have a slim chance of killing that sucker.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by allenidaho
Don't get upset when I say this. I think you need to stop making threads. You are going to get someone killed.

Brown bears and black bears are nothing to play around with. They have very thick hides and very thick skulls. They can be very aggressive and they will kill you if threatened. A baton will have no effect whatsoever.

You would be better off taking a spear or long knife with you. At least then you will have a slim chance of killing that sucker.

People have trained bears to ride bicycles with less.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Ok. Go try and train a wild bear to ride a bicycle. Let us know how it goes.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   
"I don't have to run faster than a bear, all I need to do is run faster than you!"

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Cosmic911

But it is sooo true!!

2nd line

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 09:50 PM
link   
HA ha ha ha...

Someone try it and let me know how the baton worked out on a charging Grizzly!

Just the fact that you have to let him get within 26" of your reach is funny. I have one of the batons and yes it is a very decent weapon against PEOPLE. A 1000 pound bear is a little different. Yes bears noses are sensitive but you hit him with that and it will pretty much just piss him off. If he wasn't going to shred you before he is now.

To each his or her own, I will stick with my .44 Mag. Still not a sure thing but better than a stick.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 09:22 AM
link   
This just in...When dealing with wild creatures, this article states even protocol may not cut the cake...

www.msnbc.msn.com...-lc

Maybe it is best to just live and let live the best we can...

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by jeichelberg
This just in...When dealing with wild creatures, this article states even protocol may not cut the cake...

www.msnbc.msn.com...-lc

Maybe it is best to just live and let live the best we can...

Thank goodness the bear wasn't hurt.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by projectvxn
And people wonder why I support the right to keep and arm bears.

Trying to take on a bear with a baton is asking to be torn to shreds.

Guns. That's about the only chance you have.

Actually no. In a huge study it was proven a couple of interesting things.

1. Pepperspray is more effective at saving your life. Everyone that has experienced an bear attack in general and sprayed it with pepperspray has walked away from it - no need for hospital. The bear might still attack you but will be more or less unable to do any damage.

2. Male bears are more likely to kill you than a motherbear with cub. The male bear attacks are mostly predatory.

Would give you the link, but can`t find it right now.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 07:07 PM
link   
I thought it was something like 70% of all known bear attacks were done by female bears. I could be wrong.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join