It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Grizzly Bear Attack? Shut him down with a telescopic baton

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   
bear bangers are good. you shoot one of those at a bear and it'll run for 3 hrs before it thinks its safe.

just a tip: fire it in front of the bear, not behind it because it will drive it towards you.

edit on 27-10-2011 by randomname because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by randomname

I should get one of those.

I'd rather scare it off than shoot it.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by projectvxn
reply to post by Noey777

I don't go into the Sierra's or into the Northern Nevada desert without being armed to the teeth.

Hey if it wasn't against the law I would have an ack ack 12.

You know an AA-12

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Rocketman7

It's not against the law in NV. You just have to file the proper NFA paperwork.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 09:01 PM
link   

It's not against the law in NV. You just have to file the proper NFA paperwork.

In Canada you cannot carry anything. Without a permit.

And explaining why you need an AA-12 would be impossible.

This is what you cannot carry...

(a) a knife with a retractable or folding blade which, by design or through wear, will open by centrifugal force or gravity, or by a spring or similar device. This has been interpreted by the courts to include a butterfly knife;

(b) nunchaku or similar objects made up of hard, non-flexible sticks linked by a flexible length of chain. This includes objects where the sticks are replaced by, for example, pipes or other rigid pieces, and where the chain is replaced by rope, wire or other flexible material;

(c) shuriken or similar objects which are made of a hard, non-flexible material in an essentially two-dimensional regular geometric form with one or more sharp edges;

(d) manrikigusari or kusari or similar objects which are made up of geometrically-shaped hard weights or hand grips linked by rope, chain, wire or other flexible material;

(e) a push dagger, namely a knife where the blade is perpendicular to the handle;

(f) any item under 30 cm which looks like another object but which conceals a blade;

(g) spiked wristbands;

(h) blowguns;

(i) manually-triggered telescoping spring-loaded steel whips;

(j) morning stars or similar items consisting of a ball of metal or similar heavy material studded with spikes and connected to a handle by a length of rope, chain, wire or other flexible material;

(k) brass knuckles or similar items.

Yes sadly even blowguns.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 09:09 PM
link   
If I was spending any significant length of time in bear country, I'd carry these three main things... my good bush knife, an old bolt action .303 and bear spray.

I'd also carry my mess kit in the open so that they'd clink and clank with every step.

And, yes, you need a licence in Canada to carry a firearm.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Ahh.

Well...Interesting bit of trivia, NV residents are targeted by Canadian LEOs specifically because we have such lax gun laws.

From what I understand though, the long gun registry in Canada has been abolished.
So perhaps now it will be easier for Canadians to obtain semi-auto weapons?
edit on 27-10-2011 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   
If I go to Canada on a fishing trip I take my guns. Permit be damned.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Yeah, If I lived in Canada, I would have to break the law and carry my .45 instead. Only thing that boton will do is piss the bear off.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by GringoViejo

Be prepared to declare your rifles/handguns at the border, announce your destination and intent to apply for a hunting licence if you do.

Fishing gear? No problem, as long as you also have a license.

The Ministry is 'out there' watching.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by masqua

It like when I go into the Sierras here in NV. If you're not careful and you cross into California territory with an AR15 you could be arrested by rangers that have been waiting for you to cross the border.

GPS is very useful here.

link   

Originally posted by masqua

Be prepared to declare your rifles/handguns at the border, announce your destination and intent to apply for a hunting licence if you do.

Fishing gear? No problem, as long as you also have a license.

The Ministry is 'out there' watching.

Oh I've already been.

link   

If I was spending any significant length of time in bear country, I'd carry these three main things... my good bush knife, an old bolt action .303 and bear spray.

I'd also carry my mess kit in the open so that they'd clink and clank with every step.

And, yes, you need a licence in Canada to carry a firearm.

Bear spray and .303

God help you if the bear spray doesn't stop him. Bolt action?

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Ahh.

Well...Interesting bit of trivia, NV residents are targeted by Canadian LEOs specifically because we have such lax gun laws.

From what I understand though, the long gun registry in Canada has been abolished.
So perhaps now it will be easier for Canadians to obtain semi-auto weapons?
edit on 27-10-2011 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

You might be right. I knew a guy with an AK47. I am not sure if it was legal though.

I don't know what the point was abolishing the long gun law, you still need to pass a safety course and get a background check, and get a license, then you need an A to B permit to transport a gun in a vehicle too I think.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 09:20 PM
link   

If you've been, then you know the borders are a lot tighter they ever were before. Thank you Janet Napolitano. You'll also know that the Ministry are everywhere all the time, even in the backwoods of the far north.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   

If you've been, then you know the borders are a lot tighter they ever were before. Thank you Janet Napolitano. You'll also know that the Ministry are everywhere all the time, even in the backwoods of the far north.

Here is how to bring a gun into Canada. Its easier than being a Canadian with a gun.

www.losttarget.com...

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rocketman7

God help you if the bear spray doesn't stop him. Bolt action?

Most bears up here are blacks... very shy of people. Just whisling while walking is enough for them to clear out of your path. The biggest danger is in being quiet and surprising one.

Polar bears, or grizzlies, on the other hand, are the opposite... completely unpredictable.

The bolt action Lee Enfield .303 is (imho anyways) the most dependable rifle in this cold country. This is why the Canadian Rangers prefer it to anything else (Google them) and I have to agree.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   
I wouldn't go shooting at a grizzly with non-lethal weapons. They are built to the hilt and may not even feel much. Their skull can be as thick as 4 inches in places. If nature ever built a tank, it's called the grizzly bear. Might be acceptable for black bears, but no way would I shoot that at a grizzly.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Evolutionsend
I wouldn't go shooting at a grizzly with non-lethal weapons. They are built to the hilt and may not even feel much. Their skull can be as thick as 4 inches in places. If nature ever built a tank, it's called the grizzly bear. Might be acceptable for black bears, but no way would I shoot that at a grizzly.

I didn't see bolos listed in the restricted no carry list.

You know throw them at the legs, trip em up, tangle em up, hog tie him, take him out with the baton.

Repeated strikes to the eyes.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 09:43 PM
link   

You go right ahead and try that.
I'm going to watch and film it so we can sell copies to pay for your full body cast.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join