It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Soundtrack To OWS/Similar Movements!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   
If this has been posted before,remove as you please because i cant be bothered to spend ages searching lol

Whats your soundtrack to the movement,i shall start the bidding with

1. The Who-Wont Get Fooled Again(Kinda captures people mindsets at the moment)

2.Disturbed-Land Of Confusion (A cover of an old genesis song,seems more relevant now than then,also the video to disturbed's version has a video that is a more accurate visual of the world today than the MSM!)

3.Neil Young-Keep On Rockin' In The Free World.

Enjoy........!

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   
* Sorrow by Bad Religion

* One Love by Bob Marley

* Redemption Song by Bob Marley

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   
1. Take The Power Back - Rage Against The Machine
2. Uprising - Muse
3. Land of Confusion - Genesis (Sorry bro, I like both. Prefer this version though).
4. Give Peace A Chance - John Lennon
5. The Times Are A-Changin' - Bob Dylan

So many other potential songs though. So many bands as well, all that are in solidarity.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Re-education (through labour) - Rise Against
Poverty of Philosophy - Immortal Technique.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by UnaChispa
* Sorrow by Bad Religion

* One Love by Bob Marley

* Redemption Song by Bob Marley

Nice choice,being a bob marley fan myself,my current bob marely fave is positive vibrations,simply great

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tea4One
1. Take The Power Back - Rage Against The Machine
2. Uprising - Muse
3. Land of Confusion - Genesis (Sorry bro, I like both. Prefer this version though).
4. Give Peace A Chance - John Lennon
5. The Times Are A-Changin' - Bob Dylan

So many other potential songs though. So many bands as well, all that are in solidarity.

Yeah theres just so many
i am a lover of the genesis version but in relation to the circumstances i prefer disturbed's version simply because it just has more anger and drive behind it and the video is scarily like the circumstances the world is facing at the moment

Peace sells by megadeth anyone?

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Being a metalhead, I suggest a song called "Strength In Numbers" by Times Of Grace. Comprised of musicians from bands like Killswitch Engage and Shadows Fall (both of which have uplifting and empowering lyrics in some of their songs), these guys belt out a powerful track that speaks a lot of truth. They put out an uplifting message without the loss of a strong, hard musical track. The title of the song alone will tell you it would fit the OWS protests pretty well.

"As we live in these dark days filled with violence, opposition and hate, there lies a place of saving grace. Protected in the hearts of the humble, the faithful, the ones who choose the path of resistance, to protest, protect, save, proclaim our lives lived not in vain. In flesh, in spirit eternal, One love, One truth, One destiny"

youtu.be...

I think if someone were to mix in footage of the OWS protests instead of the official video it would make just as much, if not more, sense than the original.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 07:04 PM
link   
This is not a blatant plug for my friends band,but check out kill it,skin it,wear it by my friends band Man Must Die

A scottish death metal band with some great politically charged songs!

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Peace Sells but the 99% are so poor they can't be buying.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Tea4One

Probably becuase theyre too busy protesting against the symphony of financial destruction

Ba-doom chish,anyone????

Ok il stop now

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 06:24 AM
link   
For me it has to be the Beatles Revolution

Read the lyrics

new topics

top topics

join