It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MARINES TO OAKLAND POLICE: 'You Did This To My Brother'

page: 19
<< 16  17  18   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

Ehh, I think you really should not make such broad assumptions, especially as it really makes you look like a tit. Where did I say the demonstrators had more right than everyone else? They have the same rights. How is their protesting interfering with other people's rights?

You do not have the right to be free from being offended by other people's views in public places, nor do you have the right to be free from annoyance or nuisance. If they are not assaulting anyone, or depriving others of their basic constitutional, legal, and human rights, then again, I ask, what's the problem?

What exactly is your problem with these demonstrations? That you don't like hippies and commies? Neither do I. They still have the same rights as everyone else to spout whatever they wish. Is it because of random acts of violence that have occured? Given the scale and size of the demonstrations, the number of incidents of violent, harmful, or destructive incidents directly associated with the protests has been pretty damned small. By comparison, the demonstrations and riots over here in Europe have been far worse, far more destructive, and out of control. OWS has been pretty damned tame by comparison.

Is it because this grand gaggle of hippies is blocking traffic or making it difficult for some people to get to work? Cry me a river. Do you have any idea how many work hours I lost in traffic because some idiot couldn't drive like an adult, got in a wreck, and blocked the freeway? Or because "road works" (that were completely absent of anything remotely resembling "work")? Or due to some big motorcade for someone I'm supposed to think is important? Seriously.

Of course the govornment doesn't listen, it is a giagantic corrupt institution that doesn't give a crap about the country. The point is not that I think the demonstrations themselves are really going to change anything. But events trigger others, and you never know what might be set off by this. Regardless of effectiveness or not, it is still their right.

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 07:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by tangonine

Originally posted by WingedBull

Originally posted by nenothtu
nor does the notion that a protest against the government is effective by targeting a group of citizens make any sense.

Targeting a nation's citizens in order to change a government's behavior? They have a name for that, though the name escapes me at the moment...

"Isurrection" "Treason" those 2 come to mind.

tangonine, the word they are avoiding is terrorist. Come on people, it's just a word.

Really, nenothtu, I thought you had more balls than that.

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Occupy Oakland Protesters Attack KGO Cameraman for Shooting Video of Murder Scene

KGO cameraman Randy Davis was attacked while trying to document the aftermath of a fatal shooting yesterday at Occupy Oakland. Davis suffered a mild concussion, as well as bumps and bruises, in the attack, according to a reporter at the ABC O&O.

“He was attacked by about a dozen men as he was trying to shoot the scene around the shooting,” KGO reporter Laura Anthony told TVSpy. “The shooting itself happened just minutes before our 5 p.m. live shot. [The] station was rolling on our camera position and you can hear 6 shots.”

But they are peaceful, right?

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Does anyone have any updates on the kid that was hit? I haven't come across anything. You'd think they'd want to keep the public abreast of this.

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 10:21 PM
link   
19 pages for the guy who appears in this?

fk the corps

He's a disgrace and a scumbag. Not to mention the corps threw him the &^$# out on his arse because he was a loser. He's not a veteran, he's a worm.

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 07:29 AM
link   
reply to post by tangonine

He is entitled to his views as much as anyone else. He served his time in the Marines, so say what ever you want about him. And besides that is not 100% proof that it is his site. There is alot more than one Scott Olsen's in this world.

So every veteran who served in the US Armed forces who opened their eyes to the lies, they were being fed, and whom decided to speak out against it. Are all losers and scumbags are they. Says a lot about you then does it not?

An Update on his Condition:

Scott Olsen, the ex-marine whose injury during clashes between Oakland police and demonstrators gave impetus to anti-Wall Street protests, has said he is "feeling a lot better", in his first public statement since his injury.

"I'm feeling a lot better, with a long road in front of me," Olsen wrote. "After my freedom of speech was quite literally taken from me, my speech is coming back but I've got a lot of work to do with rehab."

Scott Olsen Update

I for one is just happy that he did not die as a result of the Actions of Those Officers.
edit on 14-11-2011 by AnonymousFem because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   
He did it to him Self Police said to clear out they refused vets have to follow the law like everyone els

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   
I find it funny people who would spit in the face of service men and women would defend them now

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 02:49 AM
link   
Thank you for the update.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 08:34 AM
link   
reply to post by knightrider078

No he did not quit your trolling.

If the police said to jump of a bridge would you believe them?

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   
I take it your prob one of those people who hate the police no matter what they do you prob call them pigs and stuff like that. Asking you to leave an area is not jumping off a bridge. I bet you prob have a few things to say about jews too. and why is it Trolling when I disagree with you Occupy ****baggers

reply to post by AnonymousFem

edit on 17-11-2011 by knightrider078 because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-11-2011 by knightrider078 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by knightrider078
I find it funny people who would spit in the face of service men and women would defend them now

That is a wrong assumption on your part!

Actually I am a veteran. I fully support the OWS movement and have never been spit in the face because of my service.

You are using old right wing trolling rhetoric and perhaps a review of this thread might open your eyes as to how
this forum works.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   

You know something I could retaliate by slagging you off also, But I am not lowering myself down to your level. There are rules against this, maybe you should go and read them.

As for the Jewish comment:

1 You do not know me.
2. Wither I have a problem or not has nothing to do with this thread.
3 You make false assumptions, maybe you should go and read some of the threads I have posted in, none which I may add is not anti Jewish threads. so get your facts right before going around falsely accusing members.

And for the record. The Police have shown themselves to be untrustworthy, un - respectful. I do not have to look to see how criminal the Police are. You just have to look at the Kelly Thomas Case to see how trustworthy the Police are.
edit on 19-11-2011 by AnonymousFem because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa

Originally posted by knightrider078

That is a wrong assumption on your part!

Actually I am a veteran. I fully support the OWS movement and have never been spit in the face because of my service.

You are using old right wing trolling rhetoric and perhaps a review of this thread might open your eyes as to how
this forum works.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Just because no one spit in your face doesn't mean no one spit in the face of a service member. Logic. It's tough to grasp for some folks.

And just because you served doesn't qualify you for anything. I served, and I knew a ton of morons that were discharged for being... well, morons. So the fact that someone graduated from boot isn't a get-out-of-stupid free card.

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Since when does a cop opening his mouth = the law? The police enforce the law, they do not create it by speaking.

new topics

top topics

<< 16  17  18   >>

join