It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MARINES TO OAKLAND POLICE: 'You Did This To My Brother'

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 01:54 AM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

And the best part is that all of that can be accomplished without bloodshed if it is donw correctly.

If people hold there elected representative accountable for their actions, things would change.

Don't keep re-electing the same idiots, if they don't do their job, get rid of them.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 02:56 AM
link   
reply to post by gamesmaster63

Exactly. I'm against bloodshed whenever it can be avoided, and at times have gone to great lengths to avoid it, despite my reputation here at ATS as a "warmonger". I know very well that there aren't any do-overs or respawns, and when fine young men get killed, they are PERMANENTLY dead.

I'm not willing to just toss them to the wind willy nilly on any little imaginary crusade, neither soldier nor civilian.

An awful lot can be accomplished just by being firm, resolute, and unyielding, without having to take heads. A simple and firm explanation to DC of just how it's gonna be, accompanied by a few firings of miscreants for effect, to let 'em know we MEAN it, and this could all be resolved without the first shot being fired in anger.

You recall the drill sergeants from 30 years ago when you took that Oath? How many recruits did they have to actually KILL and eat to get their points across? None. They were just firm, resolute, and unyielding, and let you know without a doubt that they would skin you alive and wear your hide for a cape if you didn't get with the program.

In short, they made believers, so that they never had to make corpses.

edit on 2011/10/29 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 03:04 AM
link   
I'm really beginning to wonder if ows is part of:

(Create the) problem/Reaction/Solution

What is the obvious solution to people mass protesting?

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 03:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Dr UAE

yes it does. I was thinking just that when I seen the video of the Oakland police

edit on 29-10-2011 by SJE98 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 03:35 AM
link   
reply to post by WingedBull

Although I appreciate your finding this information for all of us. there is one thing you may be misunderstanding. Unless Scott Olsen dishonored himself while serving in the Corps, he is still a Marine, just an inactive one.

He may desert the Corps, but as long as he retains his honor, the Corps will never desert him.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 03:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Drunkenparrot

Certainly. We were unarmed. The National Guard fired over 60 live rounds in 13 seconds. They killed 4 of us. Unarmed…peacefully protesting students. Some were shot while just walking by us. These were real protests similar to the OWS's. We were all just kids.

The National Guard troops stood in a line and fired. We fell. We died. The OWS protesters need to look at history. Rubber bullets arent the same. It can happen again.

I will yield to the entire page with photos on Wikipedia. Thanks for asking. Peace.

en.wikipedia.org...

From Wikipedia:
"The Kent State shootings—also known as the May 4 massacre or, frequently, the Kent State massacre[2][3][4]—occurred at Kent State University in the city of Kent, Ohio, and involved the shooting of unarmed college students by members of the Ohio National Guard on Monday, May 4, 1970. The guardsmen fired 67 rounds over a period of 13 seconds, killing four students and wounding nine others, one of whom suffered permanent paralysis.[5]
Some of the students who were shot had been protesting against the American invasion of Cambodia, which President Richard Nixon announced in a television address on April 30. Other students who were shot had been walking nearby or observing the protest from a distance.[6][7]
There was a significant national response to the shootings: hundreds of universities, colleges, and high schools closed throughout the United States due to a student strike of four million[8] students, and the event further affected the public opinion—at an already socially contentious time—over the role of the United States in the Vietnam War.[9]…"

*Continue reading the whole page online please.....we've learned it begins with knowledge....
edit on 29-10-2011 by LazloFarnsworth because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 03:50 AM
link   
reply to post by ThePublicEnemyNo1

After watching that video, I suspect that he was deliberately targeted by the police because he is a veteran. meaning that the police wanted to send a message to other vets showing up at these protests. (otherwise don't show up or this will happen to you .) Two weeks ago it was posted that some vets in NY were going to show up and protect the protesters. That is why I think this fine Marine was a target. Being a former battalion commander I can tell you for a fact this will not bind well with active duty personal or veterans. The troops know the UCMJ well, I'm sure those in formation this morning are bitting there lip, but they will not forget.

edit on 29-10-2011 by SJE98 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 05:35 AM
link   
reply to post by LazloFarnsworth

Another of those shot, one of the wounded, was later killed in Greensboro, NC in 1979 at a "Death to the Klan" rally (also organized by the CPUSA or some like organization as I recall), I believe.

I reckon he learned the folly of throwing rocks and bottles at men armed with guns, but he must have never quite grasped the folly of calling folks out and promising them "death" when they are armed and you are not.

OWS might learn something from that, but probably not.

My sister was undergoing Speech Therapy at Kent State at the time of those shootings, although we weren't there that day, and a woman that used to work for me was present at the Morningside Homes shootings in Greensboro. It's a big world to be so small.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 07:07 AM
link   
reply to post by playswithmachines

Nope check your figures and facts...................HRH owns way more.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 07:21 AM
link   

And it will happen again sadly enough.

The people who run our planet are psychopaths. They have no emotions or remorse for screwing over another human. All they want is power and profit and will go to any lengths no matter who they screw over.

They are not above using drone sheeple goons to fight their battles and plow down the populace while they hide behind in their palaces..............same old same old just like 1,000 years ago except instead of kings we call them corporate owners (and no people don't own corporations, RESEARCH who owns what).

Instead of the ax man they now use cops and the national guard.

Scott Olsen is just the beginning...............look towards Rome and other parts of Europe where it's starting to get nasty.

A revolution is in the air.

Freedom, true freedom does not come cheap. It is usually paid for in the blood of patriots.

For far too long the common man (and woman) has allowed themselves to be distracted with video games, work, yakking endlessly on their cell phones, fictional novels like HP and Vampires.

Well there are real vampires and they are:

Bank of America Corp.
J. P. Morgan Chase & Company
Citigroup
Wells Fargo & Company
Goldman Sachs Group, Inc.
Morgan Stanley
Metlife, Inc.
Barclays Group US, Inc.
Taunus Corporation
HSBC North America Inc.

www.infoplease.com...

Along with the following who have helped buy out our government.

Want to know how they think..............get this book.

edit on 29-10-2011 by ofhumandescent because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 07:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jean Paul Zodeaux
reply to post by Gseven

The police are not the enemy here!!

Police are increasingly the enemy! You whine about ex marines wearing uniforms and speak to that protocol but then defend thugs who took an oath of office to defend the rights of the very people they are now denying rights and trampling all over. In this regard, those police officers are acting under color of law, and simulating a legal process, which means they are not police officers at all, but private persons operating on their own private beliefs, (just like the uniformed ex marines), and as such they are merely impersonating police officers, and have no immunity the uniform would afford a police officer when operating under the scope of their jurisdiction.

It matters not if they received superior orders to deny and disparage the rights of the people, they took an oath of office to not do that, as did their superiors.

Rule by law is not the rule of law, and under our Constitutional republic, we function under the rule of law.

I'm whining and defending THUGS? In what universe do you live?? I disagree with the actions of the protesters, support our law enforcement officers, and I'm whining? How mature of you. By the way, the definition and history of a THUG, my friend, (short for Thuggee) is grotesquely worse than anything we have in this country, save for maybe a serial killer. Be careful how you use it, lest you create your own terrible reality. And last I checked, anyone attempting to impersonate an active duty Police Officer when they aren't, is subject to severe punishment. So no, they cannot act on their personal beliefs when they are wearing that uniform. The whole point of WEARING a uniform is to remind the individual that they are representing a group in unity.

The protesters escalated the issue in Oakland by refusing the clear the area. They threw rocks, bottles, paint and other things at the Police, all while refusing to break up the camp which was escalating in violence. This is what prompted the use of tear gas and a non-lethal way of scattering the crowd from the area. I fully support this. There is no better way of de-escalating a violent crowd than the use of tear gas. The guy that got hit was not an intentional target, but had he left when he was told, he would not have been hit. Sad, but true. As a law abiding citizen, and one that upholds that law and believes in it, I'm not sure why I'm standing in the minority here. There is clearly a right way and wrong way to do things.

I am a Marine...once a Marine, always a Marine. I know MANY Marines. I see them every day. I know of none that have respect for what's going on in the streets from the protesters. It's a non-issue for them. A lot of Marines are annoyed that they are being clumped in with an opinion that appears to be siding with the behavior of the protesters, and it's unfair for a few individuals to act on behalf of the whole, because the "whole" may not agree with how they are doing things. This is the problem with displaying a uniform. The uniform symbolizes the whole, not the individual. This is what you and so many others do not understand. Whatever this man's views and opinions are, they are his right and I have no problem with that. But the moment he put on his uniform, he no longer was speaking for himself, he was speaking for the whole. Personally, I don't appreciate that, and many, MANY others stand with me on that opinion.

How about this....quite a few cops are former Marines and former military members. Did you think about that one, or is it just so much easier to think of them as faceless monsters and clump everyone together in a cops vs. Marines war? What a freaking joke this is, because you can't even keep your friends and foes straight! You all have made yourselves a laughing stock over this, and it's sad, because there is a REAL issue here, but you're so caught up over this anti-police thing that you've lost sight of whatever it was you thought you were going for to begin with. Your own behavior in the streets are detracting from whatever message you had set out to send. This is why I don't believe protesting works.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 07:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by nenothtu

...I reckon he learned the folly of throwing rocks and bottles at men armed with guns, but he must have never quite grasped the folly of calling folks out and promising them "death" when they are armed and you are not...

Not everyone is unarmed.I hope you know what side to pick if this escalates.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Sorry to say people... NOTHING WILL HAPPEN. No one will stand up to TPTB. No one will rally around that poor fallen marine. NOTHING WILL CHANGE. Unfortunately, people are people. Full of fear, greed, hate, prejudices, and self love. Everyone's personal agenda will carry more force than the need to correct society's faults. It is the one thing that TPTB are counting on to keep the populace weak and controlled. Everyone cares to much about themselves and not enough about there fellow man. And by everyone i mean 99.9%. Nobility, for the most part, is DEAD. There is no more self sacrifice, no more, "For the greater good.". I watch these things happen and i see the same thing over and over. Self sabotage on the parts of the people themselves. Only when EVERYONE stands by their guns and is willing to lay down their life for the good of us all will this horror cease. I MYSELF am guilty of these sins. I have no wish to sacrifice myself nor participate in what i see. I am too comfortable in my cozy little niche in society. But i watch. And i know. Take these words to heart. History is just repeating itself because we DO NOT LEARN. I hope with all my heart that this fallen marine gets the best care and those that did this to him get handed there heads on a silver platter. But i'm not holding my breath.
edit on 29-10-2011 by Mari4199 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   
How could the police do this how can the live with themselves
edit on 29-10-2011 by rasonnosar because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   
adsadfsdgfsdgrfdgfdgfdgfsdfs

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Drunkenparrot

Be warned, when you start inciting armed rebellion against the constitutionally elected government it is called sedition and that is something I, and many like me, will not tolerate.

by]

There is one huge problem with what you say here.....the government we have now is not a legitimately elected government, because the vote is RIGGED, there is plenty of documentation to show that for decades now all national elections have been rigged and the vote is invalid because of this fact.

Not to mention that these criminals in control of the People's Government constantly violate the Bill of Rights , the Constitution, and our God Given rights on a daily basis.

Bottom line this elite group controlling The People's government have NO legitimacy at all.

So who is going to line up and fight on the side of tyrants?...It sounds like you would.

It's going to be interesting to see what happens to all the comfortable sheep living in ignorance and denial when their self centered little lives filled with comsumerism, and watching baseball on TV comes to an end because they cannot afford a loaf of bread? It's coming my friends, the elite are getting you ready for the shift into total serfdom.

Neofeudalism anyone?

edit on 29-10-2011 by SecondAmendmentUser because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrXYZ
Many more people should be outraged. Since when is police brutality and curbing free speech ok in the US?

America, land of the free...oh...waaaaaait a second

edit on 27-10-2011 by MrXYZ because: (no reason given)

ohhhh. ill finish that for you.
AMERICA! LAND OF THE FREE, FREE TO THE POWER OF THE PEOPLE IN UNIFORM.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   
As has been pointed out by other posters and in other threads Dying Is Easy, Living Is Hard. Although I was never in the military I remember guys I knew that were drafted, killed in SE Asia and buried in our small town. Some may have been great athletes, husbands, fathers and many other things but they died. When one of my nephews went to the Middle East I was somewhat concerned. He brought back lots of film that showed a lot of gruesome stuff but most was no worse than the mess of cleaning and butchering animals.

After I retired the first time I was bored and became a paramedic. The books, films, classes and dummies don't really prepare you for the first time you see someones insides in the Emergency Room or Operating Room. Nor the carnage of your fist vehicle accident even with all the cool toys you get to use. It's sad to bring in a young person with a gun shot wound and watch them die enroute or soon after you arrive at the Emergency Room even after you've tried your best to keep them alive.

Transporting young donor bodies from one hospital to another for harvesting because they did something living longer may have taught them was stupid and/or reckless.

Transporting patients having painful treatments just to hang on to life a little longer.

Transporting patients to hospice and seeing the sad look in their eyes as they touch pictures and knick·knacks on the walls and tables of their home as they leave for the last time.

Holding a hand and watching the lights go out.

I did a short tour in a Veterinarian's office with many of the same experiences. The saddest is euthanasia of a pet that is a member of a family, many times their surrogate child.

I retired again when I got to the trauma junkie point of looking forward to the next vehicle accident, the next bit of gore. It's getting bad when you start sizing up people walking by and betting you can get a stick, IV needle, in X number of tries.

I don't know how I would react to being spattered with the blood and guts of someone I knew. Before my medical experience it might have been horrifying. I would like to think I wouldn't pick something up and analyze what it was.

So, like as been said Dying Is Easy. Don't be so quick to call for violence. Now isn't the time to pick up a gun. The few that are protesting will be slaughtered if they start shooting. The masses may be horrified at the slaughter but right now they will support the authorities. For example, just look at the TSA, everyone grouses but get in line. When you have 100-200 million Americans supporting a revolt, that will be the time if the Government doesn't listen.

Live, go home, think of an idea and start a business. Growing old isn't so bad, you just move a little slower, drive a little slower and grouse about how youth is wasted on the young. When the time comes, if I'm able, Grandma will mount her gun on her walker and help out.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Garfee

Originally posted by nenothtu

...I reckon he learned the folly of throwing rocks and bottles at men armed with guns, but he must have never quite grasped the folly of calling folks out and promising them "death" when they are armed and you are not...

Not everyone is unarmed.I hope you know what side to pick if this escalates.

My "side" is already picked, and has been clearly stated and published right here at ATS. If this escalates, I know exactly where I will be, who I will be "against", who I will be "for", and what the dead line is that if crossed will result in ultimate destruction.

With that said, I may not see the same "sides" that you do. It's not an either/or, as I have so often stated. Think laterally, not linearly. I don't subscribe to the Bush/OWS School of Thought where "yer either with US, or with THEM". I'm not with EITHER of those two sets of hooligans currently engaged in this pissing contest. I know who I've sworn to protect, and it's neither of them.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bramble Iceshimmer

I don't know how I would react to being spattered with the blood and guts of someone I knew. Before my medical experience it might have been horrifying. I would like to think I wouldn't pick something up and analyze what it was.

Sweet Jesus I loved that post! Every bit of it was absolute, raw truth. You, and a number of others, have experienced the gore and raw meat of violence first hand, and the reactions you describe are right where it leads to, eventually. You get hardened, inured, clinical about the whole damned thing.

In my minds eye, I can almost see you picking up a gob, and commenting "Gee, is that Ralph's spleen? He probably wouldn't have lived much longer anyhow..."

And you're right, that's a damned scary uncomfortable place to be. It's hard for me to fathom how many of the "kill 'em all and let god sort 'em out" crowd thinks that's some sort of glorious place to be. I have to stop and remind myself occasionally that most of them haven't a clue what it is they're calling for. They've eaten slogans and washed them down with catch phrases, and will live through the shock (hopefully they'll live through it, that is - there's no guarantees when warlike things start buzzing around your head) of watching their closets and dearest leak out all over the damned ground, and peel bits of them off of their own cheeks. By the time they stop to ask themselves "WHY?", it'll already be too late - and that is exactly what they are asking for and promoting.

Imagine the shock when they realize that the answer to "WHY?" is "because I begged for it and egged it on."

Then, if they live through it, they've got a lifetime to remember it all, the faces of the dear departed and not so dear departed which come back to stare at them in the wee hours, also asking them that same single, eternal question: "WHY?"

It takes a hell of a lot of fortitude to answer THEM.

So, like as been said Dying Is Easy. Don't be so quick to call for violence. Now isn't the time to pick up a gun. The few that are protesting will be slaughtered if they start shooting. The masses may be horrified at the slaughter but right now they will support the authorities. For example, just look at the TSA, everyone grouses but get in line. When you have 100-200 million Americans supporting a revolt, that will be the time if the Government doesn't listen.

Live, go home, think of an idea and start a business. Growing old isn't so bad, you just move a little slower, drive a little slower and grouse about how youth is wasted on the young. When the time comes, if I'm able, Grandma will mount her gun on her walker and help out.

Can I get an "AMEN"?

I'm gonna make a pintle mount for an M-60 machine gun, just for your walker!

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join