It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tea Party Nation Member Proposes Small Businesses Stop Hiring

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Old American

Originally posted by TheImmaculateD1
reply to post by The Old American

When no one is hiring whose fault is that? Those trying to get a job or those offering jobs? Where does the blame lie?

Why does there have to be any blame ascribed to anyone? Again, it is not a business's responsibility to provide a job to anyone. If it's not their job to provide jobs, why are they to blame? It's not your job to feed me, yet you don't feed me. Therefore I blame you. See how silly that is?

/TOA

Then who's responsibility is it to provide someone with a job? If not private firms then it must fall back onto Gov't head. There are millions who need and want a job but can't find one and now we hear of yap like this.

Where does ideology end and common sense begin?

Those that don't want to hire should be forced to shut shop for good. Those that want to hire should be the ones that get propped up.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

The larger corporations aren't hiring! Then you have people trying to apply for jobs at your firm. That could've been an ideal opportunity to expand your business but since you wanted to remain small is part in part the reason you are no longer in business. You didn't have the manpower to meet your demands by your clientele.

You could've had offices in 3 locations with a total workforce numbering near 100!
edit on 29-10-2011 by TheImmaculateD1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Old American

When no one is hiring whose fault is that? Those trying to get a job or those offering jobs? Where does the blame lie?

Why does there have to be any blame ascribed to anyone? Again, it is not a business's responsibility to provide a job to anyone. If it's not their job to provide jobs, why are they to blame? It's not your job to feed me, yet you don't feed me. Therefore I blame you. See how silly that is?

/TOA

Then who's responsibility is it to provide someone with a job? If not private firms then it must fall back onto Gov't head. There are millions who need and want a job but can't find one and now we hear of yap like this.

Where does ideology end and common sense begin?

Those that don't want to hire should be forced to shut shop for good. Those that want to hire should be the ones that get propped up.

It's nobody's responsibility. Jobs are "the pursuit of happiness". Nobody is promised happiness, just the pursuit of it. Businesses provide jobs when they need more than one pair of hands to perform all the functions that need performing. And that's all they should be required to do. Government doesn't provide jobs, they create taxes. Every government worker is paid 100% by us, the citizenry, via taxation. More jobs=higher taxes on everyone.

Math is a booger, isn't it? You want a business to close shop if they refuse to employ people? If they're already operating at a deficit, or breaking even, how are they supposed to hire someone? With unicorn farts? Are unicorn farts now tradable currency?

Your emotions are overriding your common sense, which I know for a fact you have plenty of.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 10:35 PM
link   

If no one is hiring and no loans are being given common sense will tell you that it's time to storm these firms blazing and demand jobs. Take the place hostage!

What are people supposed to do?

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 11:13 PM
link   

If no one is hiring and no loans are being given common sense will tell you that it's time to storm these firms blazing and demand jobs. Take the place hostage!

What are people supposed to do?

Honestly, I don't know what people are supposed to do. Make themselves more hireable, I guess. There are 5 Taco Bells in my town and all 5 have had "Help Wanted" signs up for months, yet on two different streets I travel on regularly there are people on the corner with "will work for food" signs. I have half a mind to hand them Taco Bell applications! I guess it could be a case of Taco Bell not hiring just anyone, but I really doubt it. After months they had to have found 5 candidates. I think nobody is applying. I love America, but I know Americans. Taco Bell is not worth some peoples' time to work for. They'd rather make no money (or live off of our hard work) than ever have to work at a fast food place.

I know you can't get blood from a turnip, though. If a business has no money to hire people with, all the laws, torches, and pitchforks in the world aren't going to make any difference. We can demand that government step in and make businesses give people jobs. But then businesses will have to raise prices to make enough money to hire them.

I guess government could give businesses money to hire people, but since our government happens to currently be fresh out of money, they'll have to raise taxes on everyone to pay for it. Don't think for one minute that only raising taxes on the rich will be enough to cover it, because it won't. Taxes will be raised across the board.

I don't wish anyone to be out of a job, but I don't wish for antelope to get eaten by lions, either. I'm not a lion, and I fully realize that some day I could be an antelope, but right now I'm just a rhino at the watering hole watching the show.

/TOA

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 08:46 AM
link   

A major problem with working for fast food chains like Taco Bell and McD is that you are paid just enough to remain legal and usually have no benefits.

Unless you're middle or high management you ain't making squat. Typical monthly pay barely makes rent ($750 minimum) which is below national average of $925! Most are single parent households. To those they'd have to apply for Medicaid for the kids and medicaid for themselves.

Think of it this way a renter in my 3 fl 3 family with basement and 3 car garage can't afford to live here making that little.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 09:24 AM
link   
reply to post by TheImmaculateD1

Not quite, the reason why we went out of business is because there was no work coming in, not too much work coming in.... Too much work we could handle, we know plenty of other good guys in the business to recommend when we get more work offers than we can do. More employees would have sunk the boat faster, not saved us. I am not sure what bizzare world you live in where having to pay more people, when there is no money coming in helps a business.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

I'm sorry that your firm had to suffer due to lack of work.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by TheImmaculateD1

It's cool, sure it sucks, but even the most successful people out there run into some temporary failures. If you can take away some valuable lessons from it, and survive it, it goes to build character and knowledge.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 07:23 PM
link   

A major problem with working for fast food chains like Taco Bell and McD is that you are paid just enough to remain legal and usually have no benefits.

Unless you're middle or high management you ain't making squat. Typical monthly pay barely makes rent ($750 minimum) which is below national average of $925! Most are single parent households. To those they'd have to apply for Medicaid for the kids and medicaid for themselves.

Think of it this way a renter in my 3 fl 3 family with basement and 3 car garage can't afford to live here making that little.

But working at fast food chains is also minimum work. I've worked at them before myself in my younger days (when I could stand on my feet for 8 hours a day!) and it's tedious, but so simple a teenager can do it. Minimum wage for minimum work is fair. But whatever is paid, it absolutely can't be more than what comes in. It just can't. If a store only makes $100k a year gross, it can't pay $90k in wages.

/TOA

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Fast food gigs are best for High Schoolers and those just now entering the workforce and not for those who hold a masters or a doctorate. Most with a master or a doctorate won't take a job in fast food because they are over qualified for the gig.

They'd rather do janitorial work.

In overall that everyone should just drop out of college, not pay their student loans back, end the quest to even complete high school because if no one is hiring what's the point of going to school, going to college? To get in $50k in debt with no way to satisfy it.
edit on 30-10-2011 by TheImmaculateD1 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join