It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tea Party Nation Member Proposes Small Businesses Stop Hiring

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   
I didn't see any other threads (unless they're using different keywords for it), so I figured I might as well post it.

www.teapartynation.com...

Now, before any Tea Party members say that I'm demonizing the Tea Party, I did state that this is a Tea Party Nation Member, and not the Tea Party Nation as a whole.

As for my thoughts on it: Ignoring the polarizing rhetoric that this person uses liberally, telling small buisnesses to not hire is a pretty stupid idea, both for the people looking for jobs and the businesses refusing to hire them. Also, the people who become unemploymed as a result of this will probably join the occupy protests since they're so "anti-business" .
edit on 27-10-2011 by technical difficulties because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by technical difficulties

Not many small businesses hire in enough quantity for this to even matter. If you can get a job that's not working under the man, then you're darned lucky.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   
So even if all the majority of small businesses took this pledge, it wouldn't affect anything at all?

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Evolutionsend

Are you serious?

Small business is the backbone of US employment. They currently employ 52% of the entire US workforce.

If this a$$-hat convinced enough small business owners to do it, it would make the current fiscal debacle look like heaven.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by peck420

Small business is a myth.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Do we need more proof proving how much Anti American and how much Anti people this American Nazi party really is? This is why I attack and cut this group down.

Who the flip are they to order like if they are someone companies to not hire? This group is downright criminal and terrorists.

All to prevent the Black Man in the WH and the nation from having one damn success story.

The facts continue to speak loud and clear and any person who backs them is the enemy. You are a traitor!

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Evolutionsend

Bwahahahahahahaha...let me finish laughing before I reply.......k I'm done.

Are you stating that the largest conspiracy every enacted by man is happening in the US right now in regards to people lying about small business numbers?

Wow.

73 million or so people stating that they work for small business when in fact (by your theory) no small business' exist...in the US alone.

I wonder how much they all get paid to lie about their employment? Or do you think the government is in on it?

Big business...the Elite...TPTB, whatever you want to call them, have a long long ways to go before they represent the bulk of the workforce.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheImmaculateD1
Do we need more proof proving how much Anti American and how much Anti people this American Nazi party really is? This is why I attack and cut this group down.

Who the flip are they to order like if they are someone companies to not hire? This group is downright criminal and terrorists.

All to prevent the Black Man in the WH and the nation from having one damn success story.

The facts continue to speak loud and clear and any person who backs them is the enemy. You are a traitor!

1. I stated this is a post by a tea party nation member, not the tea party as a whole. Granted, some tea party members might support this idiotic idea, but still.
2. Herman Cain is a Republican nominee and has a lot of support from right-wingers, so I would say it has moreso to do with political ideology rather than race.
3. I really wouldn't call them nazis and terrorists, since that is really no different than what the person in tea party nation post is saying about the left.
4. en.wikipedia.org... Really ties into your entire post.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Evolutionsend
reply to post by peck420

You've just lost all credibility with me.

I work for a small business. Not sure if you're serious or not but I'm guessing you realised you were wrong and couldn't think of anything else to say.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Can I spew hatred against the facist, racist, parasictic communistic OWS people as well who are clearly traitors not to just the American people, but the human race as well? Can I? Can I? Please!

End of Sarcasm.

It was a blog post, not even a news story.

edit on 27-10-2011 by TDawgRex because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   

reply to post by peck420

Can you convince my mortgage company that I'm a myth please.

I am a small business owner (tiny actually) yes we do exist.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   

reply to post by peck420

What is this even supposed to mean?

You and I have had some great debates. But they had substance. How does this even remotely supply substance for a debate?

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 06:45 PM
link   
The Tea party has become such a disjointed and varied group that it just makes no sense anymore, the common thread is small govt but im not sure if a lot of the bandwagon jumpers even really care about that anymore. Nothing against the movement but its just been too diluted.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by onfire49

I left the Tea Party group I first joined because of their being diluted by the GOP. (I am conservative, but don't think of myself as a RePub).

I now belong to a group that has pretty much a rep from across the American Demographic. While not as powerful, we still get the message out there.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Tech,

The problem is that no member of The TP is coming out against practices like this and that really bothers me,

Failure to speak out against means the membership is in lock step with everything.

edit on 27-10-2011 by TheImmaculateD1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Not many small businesses hire in enough quantity for this to even matter. If you can get a job that's not working under the man, then you're darned lucky.

Small businesses are the largest employer in the country, and hire/fire more workers yearly than all large corporations combined. Hence why when say, wal mart, moves into a town it "destroys the local economy" because it replaces decent earning small businesses with a massive consolidated minimum wage superstore.

edit on 10/27/2011 by Rockpuck because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 09:09 PM
link   

I, an American small business owner, part of the class that produces the vast majority of real, wealth producing jobs in this country, hereby resolve that I will not hire a single person until this war against business and my country is stopped. I hereby declare that my job creation potential is now ceased. “I’m on strike!”

Can I ask why this isn't ok?

Why are small business owners NOT allowed to strike? Why, since there is a war on business in this country, should business not fight back? Specially small businesses who one day hope to grow?

Why it is ok for unions to stage strikes that hurt the economic output of entire states, but when a business wants to do the same, it is looked upon with such contempt?

The beating the small business owner has had to endure while at the same time, and by the same people, being fed political platitudes is simply enough to make anyone want to throw up their hands and say, "FINE. You think I'M the problem? Let's see how long you last without me."

Sometimes I wish people would get exactly what they ask for. I want the rich to stop investing. I want Wall St. to shut down. I want every business small and large to simply cease operations. Stop feeding the capitalist system

The results will be terrible. But at least the protesters will get what they want.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

Whoever this firm is should be boycotted and be called out for what they really are, putting politics above nation.

Perhaps when his sales begin to fall he'd care.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Whoever this firm is should be boycotted and be called out for what they really are, putting politics above nation.

And that is the point. Whether people chose to boycott or not isn't the issue.

The issue is, does he/she have a product others wish to buy? Regardless of politics.

The majority of small businesses fail, that is the truth of the matter.

As a example: Just because you think a small business should succeed, Does that mean I should subsidize it? I would say the answer is no.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 10:46 PM
link   

It isn't a business's responsibility to provide a person with a job. It is their responsibility to provide a product or service for enough to profit to sustain the expenses of the business owner and his/her family. If his sales begin to fall, he'll close up shop and the people he does have working for him now will be without a job, too. So is it best for none to have a job than only some to be without one? Cutting off one's nose leaves nothing to set your glasses on.

/TOA
edit on 28-10-2011 by The Old American because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join