It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GEAB - First half of 2012: Decimation of the Western banks

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Euro agreement reached, things 'feel' more stable for now. The S&P and NASDAQ jumped over 3%. However the EU still needs to borrow $1T from somebody (China?) and Greek bondholders are taking a 50% cut after having already taken a 21% cut.

It's not over yet. GEAB is predicting western bank decimation (10%-20% of banks will disappear) in 2012.

www.leap2020.eu...

...First half of 2012: Decimation of Western banks

In fact, it will be a triple decimation culminating in the disappearance of 10% to 20% of Western banks over the next year:
. a decimation of their staff
. a decimation of their profits
. and lastly, a decimation of the number of banks.

It will be accompanied, of course, by a drastic reduction in their role and importance in the global economy and directly affect banking institutions in other regions of the world and other financial operators (insurers, pension funds ...).

Banking Profit

... With the global recession now under way, the drying up of capital flows to the United States and the United Kingdom as a result of the geopolitical and economic changes under way (16), the huge financial losses in recent months, and all kinds of regulations which gradually "break" the super-profitable banking and financial model of the 2000s, the heads of major Western banks have no choice: they must, at any price, cut their costs as quickly as possible and deeply. ...

Banking Staff

...we see that every six months or so Western bank leaders find that they had underestimated the extent of the problems and are therefore obliged to announce further mass layoffs. With the political and financial “perfect storm” looming in the U.S. for next November and December, LEAP/E2020 anticipates a new series of announcements of this kind from early 2012.

Number of Banks
The article points out that bank stocks took a major hit in 2008 and 2011. The taxpayers are carrying the banks, and another bailout will be very difficult politically.

...one can say that the Western banking market, significantly reducing its scope and the number of players in this market, has to downsize proportionally. In some countries, especially those where the very large banks account for 70% or more of the banking market, it will inevitably lead to the disappearance of one or another of these very large players ... whatever their leaders, stress tests or rating agencies say. ...

edit on 27-10-2011 by Dbriefed because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Lets sing togeather, Happy days are here again....no ones with me???

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Is it just me or has China just offered to buy Europe?
And Europe agreed....

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   
When this blows up in the EUs face I think the end of it all is going to be a BIG, hot, unavoidable war.

Mark my words, and keep those rifles clean.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   
^ War is gonna come. They will make sure of that. There's a lot a stake. Like, ya know, fantastic, accelerated, technological and medical research uninhibited by moral or ethical standards of peace time? Just ask Wernher Von Braun.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by projectvxn
When this blows up in the EUs face I think the end of it all is going to be a BIG, hot, unavoidable war.

Mark my words, and keep those rifles clean.

7 billion people mate... we NEED a big war! And think of all the reconstruction, GDP will be through the roof!

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

Woohoo.

It's the Attila economic redevelopment plan.

Guaranteed to work.

new topics

top topics

join