It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan Creates Spherical Flying Machine

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 07:42 AM
link   
OMG , today I am amazed

blown away
Astounded
dumbfounded
tricked
believe,
and understand fully that we have never been alone, and that we will never be alone...

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by JJRichey
reply to post by InsideYourMind

This coming from a country with cameras on every streetpost?

Got any evidence of that? Btw, i don't recall the last time my country ever needed un-manned killing machines, and what that relates to "streetposts".

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thunderheart
Why the Japanese aren't ruling this world I'll never know, they are clearly superior beings to Caucasians in every way.

Compare this to what DARPA has, you will see caucasians still rule the roost. Not that either is genetically superior, just the way history has turned thus far.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by ZombieJesus
Not very impressive, just a combination of proven technologies, but nothing groundbreaking. For all the people saying "getting closer" no, its not. It's based on the same gravity fighting technologies as an airplane and helicopter. When japan makes a sphere that has no rotary propeller and wings, thats when we will be "closer".

On the other hand, I cant wait for Air Hogs to get ahold of the concept, looks like an hour or two of fun on christmas day with the kids

Agreed, I had the same thought. This is not closer to anything, it's really same old technology we have had for a long time. Great useage of that technology to be sure, but that is all.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 06:48 AM
link   
I am really amazed now and i am sure that it wont take more than 10-15 years for them to add gun and other things to this flying machine and you will see them in the streets and everywere

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by ELahrairah
reply to post by daaskapital

Anybody else get the bad feeling that
these will be used to spy on the public.
Put a camera and a gun on one of these things and they would be super intimidating.
Imagine one peeking in your window.

You took the words out of my mouth.
The applications for this as a weapons platform and as surveillance drones are mind boggling.
It wouldn't take long to build a fleet of these big enough for controlling the entire country.
This is so creepy.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 11:16 PM
link   
We had some UAVs for personel like this in testing in Afghanistan. Really nice and robust , hard to break , and could fall from any altitude and not break. Was Spherical like that with 3 cameras on it and was operated by one soldier and it followed us by GPS automatically and the camera would focus directly ahead of us , so we could easily see what was a half a mile or so ahead of us. Battery lasted 192 hours with solar charging while in flight , super quiet. Was told to keep it quiet , but wasnt classified or anything.

It also did a zigzag pattern above us so it didnt ever give our position away exactly , and it used a clear transparent material that reflected light above the UAV , so you couldnt see it unless you were above it , and it was partially transparent , and when you saw it , it was still hard to see because it was just round and just sorta blended in to every thing.

Really nice stuff. Had High Def Camera , and a Thermal Imager , as well as a Guidance camera that you flew the aircraft with , the High def was for viewing actual terrain and points of interest and he carried a pad about the size of a ..... ipad for viewing , and you could move the the aircraft around through the GPS by touch screen , by clicking on a grid point and it would go there , and you had a xbox controller to manually control it , but a finger print would move it to a grid , and it followed you in a search pattern automatically any way.

Really neat toy. Was #in awesome , i hated it when they took it back.

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by milkyway12

I wondered if these were already being used by the military which means in a very short time Homeland Security will have them too.
We are so close to having a global dictatorship it isn't funny. I think people are sensing this and is one of the main reasons OWS even started. People feeling that if we don't act now there will be no chance to do so in the future.

These things will be everywhere in just a few years then it's game over for humanity.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by SteveR

Originally posted by Wide-Eyes
Have you played Command and Conquer: Red Alert 3? The Japanese army in that game is amazingly good.

What on earth does that have to do with the topic?

Why are there so many kids on ATS these days?

Ok let's get some context here:

Originally posted by Thunderheart
Why the Japanese aren't ruling this world I'll never know, they are clearly superior beings to Caucasians in every way.

To which I replied:

I think they tried to in the 1940's.

Mentioning Red Alert 3 was relevant because the Japanese army in that game have very advanced technology. This is all relevant to Thunderhearts comment, I replied. Why are you an arse about it? This is a discussion board...

I'm not a kid, I'm 30. So I like games, so do many other adults. Get over it.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by daaskapital

This is genius!!!! Also IMO it provides good insight into the inner workings of what could possibly be unidentified craft, in the sense that, most people try to explain a machine that may be thousands of years more advanced, with a logic paradigm that's thousands of years less evlolved. The whole part about it flying forward at much higher speeds than a helicopter it was im specifically referring to, as this shows that not all forces of flight in an object are drivin by some type of engine. Granted in this example the object does have an engine.

What i want to ask is; Can a craft be made that works solely on the natural interaction between IT, and its ENVIRONMENT?

Great post though, very cool tech.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by OccamsRazor04

Well if this isn't getting us closer to understanding how to make something like that, than i guess everyone should just stop trying to build flying machines, cause we're not even close, right?

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join