It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan Creates Spherical Flying Machine

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by jonnywhite

They could use a few of these out at Area 51.

They could land and just wait for intruders to arrive.

Then take off when surveillance is required.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by phishyblankwaters

That's very cool!

It was just a matter of time before they moved software from the virtual to the real.

I always thought it was cool how we could estimate 3d positions and velocities and all of that cool stuff in games. But mixing all of it with the real world means vast potential.
edit on 28-10-2011 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by daaskapital

Nice post...
This machine is similar in some ways to the A.R.Drone...flight characteristics appear somewhat similar as well.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by this_is_who_we_are

"Japan Creates Spherical Flying Machine?"

"Is it radioactive? I bet it is..."

Greetings:

It's not like everything from Japan is radioactive, or is it?

4 September 2011

Wild Mushrooms in Fukushima Tested Found As Contaminated As Mushrooms After Chernobyl

It’s not food any more, it’s simply radioactive materials, as the young man at the Citizen’s Radioactivity Measuring
Station in Fukushima City said of the radioactive mushroom in Germany’s ZDF program aired on August 9.

7 October 2011

NR C Analysis Indicated “Elevated Child Thyroid” in Alaska, Pacific Islands…
With Only 1 of 3 Reactor Cores Releasing Radiation

10 October 2011

Former Top WHO Official Says There’s Evidence That a Kind of Genetic Mutation Is Being Passed On After Chernobyl Meltdown (VIDEO)

11 October 2011

Mainichi: Worries Are Growing — Every Rainfall Brings a New Batch of Radioactivity —
Radiation Levels HIGHER After Decontamination

And this Fukushima nightmare disaster/fiasco life-altering "industrial accident" continues, unabated, [color=limegreen]24/7/365...

Peace Love Light
tfw

Liberty & Equality

or

Revolution

edit on 28/10/2011 by thorfourwinds because: size

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   
There´s so much cooler things out there.

This one for example. Quadcopter playing piano.

Fast and precise moves.

Docking and team movement.

that Japanese orb is complete BS compared to this....
edit on 28-10-2011 by LiberalSceptic because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by ELahrairah

Anybody else get the bad feeling that
these will be used to spy on the public.
Put a camera and a gun on one of these things and they would be super intimidating.
Imagine one peeking in your window.

Only in america.... Only in america.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by SteveR

Bow were they planning to surrender? They refused just after the first one was dropped, hince why the 2nd was dropped. To say such a thing you must not know much about the Japanese mentality of honor, especially in ww2. Surrender was forbidden, suicide prefered even over that dishonor.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by InsideYourMind

This coming from a country with cameras on every streetpost?

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by WeRpeons
reply to post by ELahrairah

I was thinking the same thing.
The smaller these things get, the easier it is for governments to spy on each other and their citizens.

This is *nothing*.

I remember reading an article on miniaturisation of technology back in the late 80's. In the article it showed the image of an ordinary ant, with a power cpu being carried in it's mandibles. The thing was SO small, that the ant could have stuffed three of em into it's jaws.

Here we are 20 odd years later...if anyone imagines there are not autonomous, mobile surveillance devices, equipped with a transceiver smaller than a grain of rice, you're kidding yourself.

Tiny, almost nanoscale bots would be the ideal spying device. Who's to say all of the flies in your home are actually flies? Or all the beetles, or spiders, or moths, or whatever.

In fact, things like these would be ideal as space exploration devices too.

Cram a few million into a football sized capsule, release some as you descend to act as transceiver relays which would be so small, they'd gently float around and would take a long time to fall completely to the surface (of Mars for example), the rest would be spread out around a large area of the surface and form a comms net (individually low power comms, piggybacked off the next bot, then the next and so on), to relay data back to the airborne nanobots, which would pass it to the orbiter to relay back to Earth.

Better odds of a successful mission than with sending one single rover. If a million of the nanobots failed or 'died', there'd be another few million left.

Either way, i'd be amazed if the 'agencies' were not using nano scale devices to spy.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by daaskapital
If they are displaying this, imagine what they have 'behind the curtain'

Greetings:

If they had anything 'behind the curtain,' one might think that they would have rolled out the big guns in response to the Fukushima disaster/fiasco.

Or not.

Peace Love Light
tfw

Liberty & Equality

or

Revolution

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   
RC Helicopter + Airplane + Sphere cage = a pretty cool toy for Christmas.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   
I could not stop saying wow when i saw this, I want it now in my house but what I’ll do is mod speakers on to it so people will get annoyed when I play unwanted salsa music (quote from family guy-German guy season 9-10 I think). I do not listen to it by the way.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Hmm... it can be used indoors ....
Is it just me, or does that thing remind you of the interrogation droid from Star Wars?
IT-O Interrogator

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Typical ATS behavior, some new piece of technology is revealed and straight away you put your tin foil fats on and assume the worst.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   
I like Multiple Kill Vehicles better. They go in space.. and are truly impressive

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Not to be rude but I see things like this flying in our local mall.... Doesn't seem like any "new" technology to me.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Put a camera and a gun on one of these things and they would be super intimidating.
Imagine one peeking in your window.

Yeah this thing is cool and scary, as I was watching it fly all I could think of was Half-Life 2, the flying scanner enemies that patrol around watching the people, the movements are very similar especially how when they get hit they quickly regain their balance.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Well , I have absorbed the meat of the thread and the video of the device. I have to say that the naysayers and detractors on this thread really havent thought about the depth of thought , and the beautiful simplicity of this design.

This device has solved the main problems with exposed rotor vehicles, namely the issue of making them more impact proof by creating the impact/roll cage, and arranging the parts in such a way as to create a highly stabilised, and very well protected device, which out-performs other similarly sized devices in terms of control and power by the looks of things.

The potential of this device is staggering. If they could engineer it to be capable of operating in high radiation, corrosive, or heat conditions, then this object would be a marvelous disaster assesment device. If the tech can be shrunk then this device , or its smaller version, could be used to inspect pipes, archeological sites, or , if appropriately altered, used as portable remote signal boosters for mobile tech in areas of low signal, which is becoming increasingly important for business, and government operatives.

If coated in a photovoltaic surface, and given intelligent power use software/hardware capability, these things could be used in a military aspect, to augment recon sweeps , and assist in locating hidden positions from its lofty position. If the photovoltaic set up is done using the most up to date methods (and being a Japanese device, I would have to assume it would be) they could extend its flight time by HOURS not minuites.

Another solution to the flight time issue, would be to place a battery like this inside the machine ....
blogs.discovermagazine.com...
Of course, the battery SIZE might need to differ, but I am sure folks on this thread can understand the thrust of the suggestion.

These things could end up everywhere. Everyone from the news channels to government agencies is going to want to get thier hands on these for professional purposes. Hell, as a locksmith I would love to have one large enough to fit through a letter box. They would be great for assisting in non destructive entry into a door , the lock type of which is hidden by a solid , glassless door. With one of these to observe the inside of the door, I could use a toughened wire to unlatch tricky doors from the inside much more effectively, or figure out what type of lock is on the door without tricky calculations, which would save me time, and the customer money.

These things are fabulous, and I for one cannot wait to see where they go with this design.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   
So its a hele with gyroscopes ...

I could make a model airplane that uses plastic bags as projectiles and surround the orb to make it useless...

Another toy to use to monitor society.. but I like another invention another company made where they have one the size of a bug.. thats way more advance and better.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 01:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thunderheart
Why the Japanese aren't ruling this world I'll never know, they are clearly superior beings to Caucasians in every way.

Gotta love the Japanese they blur the lines between Anime and Reality

More like a land skater than a walker! Pointless construction when you consider the legs are walking/sliding on wheels backwards and forwards when it would be simpler to just drive in a forward motion.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join