It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan Creates Spherical Flying Machine

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Sorry everyone, but can someone explain why this is so impressive? I don't understand this type of technology very well, so I'm probably missing something, but I've seen flying propellor objects at the local mall for $30.
edit on 28-10-2011 by capone1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by capone1

My point as well. It is not impressive...
The cool thing is that this "Helicopter" reminds people of Star Wars and Flash Gordon.
edit on 28-10-2011 by LiberalSceptic because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by LiberalSceptic
reply to post by capone1

My point as well. It is not impressive...
The cool thing is that this "Helicopter" reminds people of Star Wars and Flash Gordon.
edit on 28-10-2011 by LiberalSceptic because: (no reason given)

If there is cameras all around and media filling the room, anything can look good. If this was filmed in the dude's backyard with a friend, I think people wouldn't be so amped about it.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thunderheart
Why the Japanese aren't ruling this world I'll never know, they are clearly superior beings to Caucasians in every way.

Not every way. Football, either kind, Track and Field, Basketball, Movies, War, Moon landings etc.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Wow. I am positive if you mix this technology, video below, with the Japanese technology you'd get a very capable, autonomous craft. Next add guns and you're all set.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Thunderheart

Why the Japanese aren't ruling this world I'll never know, they are clearly superior beings to Caucasians in every way.

Oh, please.....

The Japanese aren't some mind-blowing inventors. Their usual claim to fame is taking someone ELSE'S idea and just perfecting it.

Keep this in perspective.....

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by capone1
Sorry everyone, but can someone explain why this is so impressive? I don't understand this type of technology very well, so I'm probably missing something, but I've seen flying propellor objects at the local mall for $30.

LMAO......I agree. Seems like I've seen a similar remote-control contraption in my local mall on sale for $20.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by ELahrairah
reply to post by daaskapital

Anybody else get the bad feeling that
these will be used to spy on the public.
Put a camera and a gun on one of these things and they would be super intimidating.
Imagine one peeking in your window.

All you need is a net and that thing is about as intimidating as a marshmallow. A marshmallow with a gun.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   
I bet if the U.S. pulled some of its "inventions" out of its "black project" bag of tricks, this man would take his spherical flying machine and run home crying to mommy.

Edit to add: I'm sorry....that was pretty immature of me.....(but oh, so fun to type)....

edit on 28-10-2011 by NightGypsy because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Enjoyed the video. Very impressive technology/design.
But hardly surprising that this piece of news came out of Japan.

My 2 cents.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thunderheart

I could make a very crude comment relating to the male genitalia, but I dont really feel the need to do so.

Anyways, racism is BS we should all be calling each other cousin, even if we dont look like it.

If the Japanese are showing us this stuff, just imagine the black budget stuff they dont want you to even know about......

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by daaskapital

Originally posted by ZeussusZ
getting close
very close

Close to what, an interstellar spaceship?

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by NewAgeMan

Originally posted by daaskapital

Originally posted by ZeussusZ
getting close
very close

Close to what, an interstellar spaceship?

An imperial probe droid.

It's a good bet the empire knows we're here.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Very cool, but honestly will be little more than a 2013 christmas present. Theres a reason that thing is soooo small, the applications of something like that to human flight are USELESS.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Not what I expected when I heard spherical flying machine, it's spherical only as a skin. This is drone tech militaries have had for years, in fact its more like a simple helicopter than V/STOL jet.

It would be cool if it didn't have to leave it's eggshell to work, that would be a real spherical flying machine. Good luck scaling this up boys. Nothing but a toy or a spy drone, if it can carry equipment.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by ZombieJesus

Meh, I still think the Sphere is cooler... and the Stability thing is neat too.

So pooh on you

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   

It looks very simple

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Am I the only one who just wants to chase that thing around with a Baseball bat? I am defeiently human

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   

In many ways, that's genius.

No trouble landing. Land it and observe (save energy). Can move on the ground. Strong (spherical) structure. Even if this thing was damaged, I bet it could still move around.

I love the concept. Tickles me giddy!

And, yes, the japanese have a special talent for these things. Anybody ignoring that has something up their you know what and is in hard denial. Give them credit, they deserve it!
edit on 28-10-2011 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Guys in all reality, the sphere design is useless. It would blow around in the wind. Airplanes break the wind to remain in the air, and traveling at a decent speed, this thing probably can't break 30 mph

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join