It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do some people hate Steve Jobs?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   
I personally think he was an awesome guy for creating the revolutionary products that changed the way we use electronic devices

some people how ever hate on Steve and they say he should go F him self and "i hope he rots in hell"...
first person on youtube to say that was a black person...not getting racist here there are still alot of others who hate on him

i will put a video and you tell me why.... hah i bet its because he's white is that it?

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Haterz Gonna Hate maybe.
I don't know.
But he did seem like kind of a douche after I read this article.

Why Jobs didn't have a license plate and parked in disabled parking

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by ApplesOnFire

He was quite the ruthless businessman and had an air of superiority about him. He was also partial to the odd tantrum I believe.

Despite this he knew what he wanted and he got it, without listening to anyone along the way. He controlled everything from the top down. A fanatic if you will. Some people find that hard to stomach, myself included.

I don't hate the man. He was somewhat of a visionary. His controlling attitude filters all the way through apple products IMO. I'm not a fan of the 'walled garden' approach to hardware/software.

But having said that I raise my glass to Steve Jobs. Whether we like it or not he changed the world, and without him the computer technology landscape would look very different.
edit on 27/10/2011 by Grifter81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Because it's a fad. Jealousy... Not sure really, he helped out the computer world that's for sure, a legend.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by samlf3rd

and he fought pancreatic cancer for 8 years. most people dont go living past 2 years when they have that

how did he do it? taking vitamins,minerals eating healthy and sodas or junk food

people would have taken a surgery and died...

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Well you see he did make some cool stuff but it really wasnt him he was basically a salesperson Apple Would be nowhere if it wasnt for Steve Wozniak.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by ApplesOnFire

When he joined a certain company and became the (big cheese) of that company...he did away with and cancelled the (charity funds) that were designated to help the less fortunate in society.

He was not a philanthropist....and was rather greedy with his money.

This is why many people hate him.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Check is pathetic statement on the suicides at Foxconn.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by caladonea

okay that makes sense

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   
He was in the 1% !!!

Seriously though, that, and jealousy of course. (well, except for the whole cancer thing)...

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

Ron Paul spent $1million on plane flights and that is true though.
edit on 27-10-2011 by ApplesOnFire because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Oh I don't know, maybe because the guy was a huge prick?

Just because you are a rich guy, or a dead guy, or a rich dead guy doesn't mean people are going to like you. Regardless of his impact on the computer industry, people generally judge others by how they act. Hence the reason many people don't like him.

Those that do like the man probably never heard a lot of the stuff about him. Or they are brainless apple fans (isn't "brainless apple fan" a bit redundant?
)

Everyone has to always throw out the jealousy card, when I'd bet this is very rarely the case. People who give that as their first reason probably also have some people that don't like them, and like to tell themselves it's because those other people are just jealous. And the fact that your first thought is that people are just jealous only provides further evidence of that.

News flash: just because someone doesn't like you, doesn't mean they are jealous of you. It's probably because you are a prick, just as in Steve Job's case.

In all honesty there are people out there with more money, better looks, and a more fun and fulfilling life than Steve Jobs, so why would anyone waste their time being jealous of him? I'm much more jealous of the many many cool people in this world than that d-bag.

And I hate apple products, so that's another strike against him for me. I feel bad for his family that they lost someone they (I'd assume) love and care about, but quite frankly I don't care at all the man died. If he hadn't goofed around with magical cancer cures he might still be alive today anyway.
edit on 27-10-2011 by James1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 11:15 PM
link   
I don't hate him but I think he gets far too much credit. He created the ipad and the ipone which are great but people act like he created the first android and robot that could pass the turing test.

For someone who is suppose to be a computer genius , he did very little to give computer real artificial intelligence which is the real goal in my opinion.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 04:57 AM
link   
I never liked him or Apple products, period.

I can fully appreciate the creative genius of some of their flagship items, but it's the Apple mentality I don't like - do it our way and only our way.

Steve was pretty ruthless and very profit-centred - which of course, most successful companies are. But you don't have to exploit your virtual "slave labour" efforts - the entire Foxconn fiasco springs to mind.

His approach to competition wasn't healthy either. He utterly despised Android and wanted them obliterated. Apple's obsession with patents and suing everyone under the sun who may have something that may resemble their product makes for poor customer relations.

Instead of using the competition to drive froward, Apple & Jobs wanted nothing more than to stop them dead in their tracks and have everyone buy their crap.

I don't like how you're tied into iTunes, how they purport that the iCloud is something fantastic when "cloud" technology is nothing more than just the "internet" and shared resources on a network...

So yeh - i can appreciate he had a keen mind for innovation, but I still think he's a "See U next Tuesday" in regards to everything else. I wouldn't want to be his mate and I certainly don't mourn his passing.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Ron Paul spent $1million on plane flights and that is true though.

What does that have to do with this thread??? (especially when claiming it as a fact with no support..or context, i.e. over what period of time, etc.). I'll provide it for you though, and this is WHY he's spent that...

Unlike Romney — or most of the Republican field — Paul still has a day job. He’s been running his campaign while still serving as a U.S. Congressman from Texas. Still, Paul has visited Iowa almost weekly and has made numerous trips to other early voting states like New Hampshire, South Carolina, Florida, and Nevada.

Using a private jet does have its advantages; Paul is able to arrive at events quicker and socialize with the crowd more. Plus it allows the campaign flexibility more movement — but jets do eat up a lot of resources; fuel, crew, food, etc.

Back to the topic,

No, I don't think he was a great guy. And, he did other things than the iPhone and iPad..like basically design the GUI interface idea that we all use each day, whether Apple or Microsoft (as Gates completely ripped off Windows from Jobs' Apple GUI). He was rumored to be an absolute tyrant in the workplace, so I can see that, but I think, for the average person, it's simply that Jobs is part of the 1% we all love to hate, for what we see as "nobody should have that much money:....

edit on 28-10-2011 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   
I don't hate him but I never knew him so I don't really give a damn about him. What made me come close to despising him was all the tribute crap on tv, magazines, newspapers, the internet after he died. Too much methinks.

top topics

join