It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Transgender boy's attempt to join Girl Scouts initially rejected

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcalibur254
reply to post by popsmayhem

Gender and sex are two different things. Sex is dependent on the person's reproductive organs. Gender on the other hand is what a person identifies as.

You're making way too much sense...Keep up the good work!

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   

What's it to you? Why do you care how this family operates? It's really none of your business and it's FREEDOM that allows this kid to join the Girl Scouts.

I think it's pretty cool that the parents are listening to the kid and honoring someone who is clearly a girl in a boy's body. They are being GOOD parents.
I know you think it's disgusting, and you're free to think that. But the Girl Scouts and the parents are also free to do as they see fit.

Really... NONE of your business.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by ColAngus

Don't you mean what YOU think is right and wrong?

I'm sure some civil war generals from the South said the same thing back in the 1800s.

Only morons don't understand girl scouts are for females
and boy scouts are for males.

Now if someone wants to create gender less scouts
meaning for males and females then go ahead.

As it is now one is for males and one is for females.
Simple as that.

This boy however much you want to be *believe* is a female
IS NOT.

Accordingly this boy should not be allowed into girl scouts.

It is not rocket science.

edit on 27-10-2011 by popsmayhem because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by popsmayhem
Only morons don't understand ...

Yeah, if someone disagrees with you, call them a moron.
Grow up!

Now if someone wants to create gender less scouts
meaning for males and females then go ahead.

Thanks for your permission. It's not necessary.

The scouts are being chipped away at and as it is now one is for males and one is for females
FOLLOW THE RULES!!

They ARE following the rules.
You just don't like the rules.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Ok where do the lines get drawn? Could a boy join the girl scouts without the transgender issue? Then letting a transgender male join the girl scouts is hypocritical. This is not so much about equality but bending the rules till they are useless.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Only morons don't understand that these drinking fountains are for one group
and those drinking fountains are for another.

Now if someone wants to create integrated drinking fountains
meaning for both groups then go ahead.

As it is now one is for this group and one is for that group.
Simple as that.

A bit of a stretch, but you can see where I'm going.

Sad that you can't just let people be. If those directly involved in the situation don't give a #, then you shouldn't either.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by ColAngus

HUGE stretch!

This is child abuse by the parents.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

No it is not called GENDER LESS SCOUTS

It is called boy scouts and girl scouts

One is an all girls group the other is an all males group..

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Maybe it should be up to a vote by the parents of the girls in the troop? If they accept it or a few don't but the majority does then let (him/her) in? Majority rules at least that is fair and not giving that child into thinking everything including the rules will bend for the one.
But if they took a vote and sorry (he/she) was voted out tuff break try co-ed scouts or start GLAD Scouts?

I grew up in the gender roles myself but I liked Barbie thought she was hot and that it was wrong for me to play with a boy doll…well because I LOVE WOMEN! lol but I would have been laughed at playing with the voluptuous Barbie instead of the Butched out muscular G.I. Joe LOL
Talk about programming and mind wash…Boys play with boy dolls Girls with girl dolls? WHAT??? If ever there was an agenda it was that one! LOL
I always thought too many of the guys in the Military all showering with each other where gay anyhow so it never really surprised me that most where secretly…

Not knowing the parents I cannot say this is something that they are pushing for or something they are dealing with. I hope the latter as childhood is messed up enough without dealing with your freaky parents issues that come back to haunt you as an adult.
It is interesting times indeed. But unless they are harming you why shouldn’t children be together it is what we expect when we get older?

Tolerance does not mean acceptance either you don’t like it don’t put your kid in there, sort of like public schools. If it outrages you reasonably (harm, hurt) then fight against it!

But why does it disgust you? Your own secret fears? Ever here the story of the person who hates Gays only to find out later they ARE ONE? Because there was a genetic mistake? Did your creator make a mistake if your intentions are religious in origin? If it is religious in nature doesn’t your religion say that your creator will sort this all out in the end that they are the JUDGE & JURY? And to take that LOG out of your eye?

I always wonder about the agenda of these kind of posts?

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Jesus christ... You know what I don't know how to feel about this. I mean I honestly don't care. I'm still trying to figure out what the hell is the difference between transgender and transsexual. You also got bi, asexual and a thousand different other things. What happen to you were either straight or gay? I can accept that, but now? Now it just feels like people are making up new sexualities to controversial.

Whatever I'll accept the kid being a girl scout, if it means gay kids can be in the scouts.
edit on 10/27/2011 by Mcupobob because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   

The scouts are supporting transgender children to join.
Is this terrible parenting? A mind wash?
Transgender Bobby is a boy. In no way should a boy be allowed into *GIRL* scouts!!
I find it particular interesting that gays are not allowed but transgenders are OK.
Is this boy just a transgender? Or a homosexual?
How would you feel with your daughter in the scouts with a transgender boy?
What now? Separate tents?
They go into the woods on a trip now there is a boy in the tent with the girls
but it is just fine because it is a transgender boy?
Little Bobby living as a girl own free will?
Or parents allowing or pushing
this child into this crap?
This is NOT normal no matter how you want to dress it up.
What kind of parental enabling is being had?
Scouts being Politically Correct way too much.
Down with it all!

Are you buying thin mint cookies
when this boy dressed as a girl comes knocking on your door?

I'm sure I'm just tacking some more salt to a wound but...

I find your mentality to be an exemplary answer to the question of why we as humans cannot escape our self-destruction. The decision to direct your opinion towards a child not only undermines your argument by failing to deliver a point, but also targets a defenseless person. You need to check your opinions and direct them towards a place which leads to discussion instead of anger. Your ignorance shines through your hate-filled heart. I hope you find a happy ending to YOUR story one day.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maslo
reply to post by Lemon.Fresh

We should be more understanding and let rape, murder, and theft go on without batting an eye.

But this is not in any way comparable to these things. It is not evil or immoral to be a transgender.

By the moral code of whom, exactly?

Either there is a moral absolute, or everyone can make up their own moral code, and anything goes.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Maslo

Obvious answer is obvious.

Lack of REAL parenting.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by yadda333

What do you want to do about it?

Should we punch this kid square in the face? Make him cry and call him "weird"?

It's funny because that's what I get from the way your posts are structured and that crazy avatar--with that skeleton face steadily flying at me. Kinda quick and violent.

End all the scouts if they can not be human!!

Boy scouts for boys girl scouts for girls.

I don't want my daughter in girl scouts with a male!!

END OF STORY!

BOYCOTT THE SCOUTS!!

What about MANkind? You gunna kick all the woman out too? Your comments are rather offensive and un-needed. If you don't like the way people are... then mind your own business.

This child has every right to do what he/she wants. As long as the parents aren't forcing it on them, then i don't see what is wrong with it. The one thing i do see that is wrong, is that there are still primitive minded people in this world who simply find everything disgusting because its different from what they "know".

Which sex you are is not just about what organs you have. Even in NATURE homosexuality is common, wild animals get it on with each other all the time. Just because we are the only creatures wearing clothes on this planet, doesn't mean we can't "join the other team".

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Gender and sex are two different things. Sex is dependent on the person's reproductive organs. Gender on the other hand is what a person identifies as.

What do we mean by "sex" and "gender"?

Sometimes it is hard to understand exactly what is meant by the term "gender", and how it differs from the closely related term "sex".

"Sex" refers to the biological and physiological characteristics that define men and women.

"Gender" refers to the socially constructed roles, behaviours, activities, and attributes that a given society considers appropriate for men and women.

To put it another way:

"Male" and "female" are sex categories, while "masculine" and "feminine" are gender categories.

Aspects of sex will not vary substantially between different human societies, while aspects of gender may vary greatly.

Some examples of sex characteristics :

Women menstruate while men do not
Men have testicles while women do not
Women have developed breasts that are usually capable of lactating, while men have not
Men generally have more massive bones than women

Some examples of gender characteristics :

In the United States (and most other countries), women earn significantly less money than men for similar work
In Viet Nam, many more men than women smoke, as female smoking has not traditionally been considered appropriate
In Saudi Arabia men are allowed to drive cars while women are not
In most of the world, women do more housework than men

Link

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   

The only thing that is disgusting is the insane amount of judgment placed upon this child. Have a problem with trans people? Tough sh*t. Their struggle is something that you are lucky to never know. A kid wouldn't just choose to be a certain way given all of the hardships he or she would face. They are who they are, whether or not other people are comfortable with it. And I hope the Girl Scouts takes this opportunity to change the minds and hearts of parents and other members. This is a major lesson in empathy and human compassion.

btw... What does the barbie doll have to do with this? Most kids color on random things, it doesn't make them "weird".
edit on 27-10-2011 by smileypants because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   
When does a Cub Scout become a Boy Scout? When he eats his first Brownie.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   

The child's mental physiology tells them that they are female. Should we force them into situations they are not comfortable with simply because there are adults cannot handle the fact that a person can have the mind of a female in the body of a male? They have their gender identity. It's most likely going to stay that way. Why should we subject them to years of unhappiness because they're different?

The child's mental physiology tells them that they should put their penis inside every person that they can, whether the other person wants it or not. Should we force them into situations they are not comfortable with simply because there are adults cannot handle the fact that a person wants to put his penis in everyone? They have their preference for where they put their penis. It's most likely going to stay that way. Why should we subject them to years of unhappiness because they are different?

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   
No disrespect to the parents, but they need to go on a course on how to raise children. I think they are moulding this kid by their actions. I bet they wanted a girl and have become fixated on that aspiration.

The authorities should step in, but they are probably part of the problem too.

Regards

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by abeverage
Maybe it should be up to a vote by the parents of the girls in the troop? If they accept it or a few don't but the majority does then let (him/her) in? Majority rules at least that is fair and not giving that child into thinking everything including the rules will bend for the one.
But if they took a vote and sorry (he/she) was voted out tuff break try co-ed scouts or start GLAD Scouts?

I grew up in the gender roles myself but I liked Barbie thought she was hot and that it was wrong for me to play with a boy doll…well because I LOVE WOMEN! lol but I would have been laughed at playing with the voluptuous Barbie instead of the Butched out muscular G.I. Joe LOL
Talk about programming and mind wash…Boys play with boy dolls Girls with girl dolls? WHAT??? If ever there was an agenda it was that one! LOL
I always thought too many of the guys in the Military all showering with each other where gay anyhow so it never really surprised me that most where secretly…

Not knowing the parents I cannot say this is something that they are pushing for or something they are dealing with. I hope the latter as childhood is messed up enough without dealing with your freaky parents issues that come back to haunt you as an adult.
It is interesting times indeed. But unless they are harming you why shouldn’t children be together it is what we expect when we get older?

Tolerance does not mean acceptance either you don’t like it don’t put your kid in there, sort of like public schools. If it outrages you reasonably (harm, hurt) then fight against it!

But why does it disgust you? Your own secret fears? Ever here the story of the person who hates Gays only to find out later they ARE ONE? Because there was a genetic mistake? Did your creator make a mistake if your intentions are religious in origin? If it is religious in nature doesn’t your religion say that your creator will sort this all out in the end that they are the JUDGE & JURY? And to take that LOG out of your eye?

I always wonder about the agenda of these kind of posts?

Keyboard psychologist I have no need for.
If I need a psychologist I'll go to a real one.

If people want it to be the scouts then let it be the scouts
where it is combined with boys and girls of all sexual orientation.
Tell it to the girl scout and boy scout commission.
As it is now there is an all girl group (the girl scouts) and an all male group
(boy scouts). There should be no biological boy in girl scouts!!
Or any biological girls in boy scouts AS IT STANDS.
Mixing up this little boy in the whole mess is what is disgusting.
Who have disgusting parents.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join