It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Transgender boy's attempt to join Girl Scouts initially rejected

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maslo
reply to post by popsmayhem

There should be NO boys in girl scouts
There should be NO girls in boy scouts.
END OF STORY!!

No, because if psychological gender is used instead of biological (and I dont see why not), then this kid is a girl.

PSYCHOLOGICAL gender IS NOT the real gender.

Your born with a PHYSICAL GENDER.
THAT is what your BORN WITH!!

You were BORN MALE OR FEMALE

With male parts or a female parts!!

A male should not be able to join a all females group!!

If it is going to be ALL FEMALE group then that is what it should be!!

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

I'm not sure where you're getting your information from. Just in case I was wrong I just perused a number of abstracts related to the development of gender identity. Each one stated that by three years of age a child already have a strong sense of gender identity.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Reply to post by QUANTUMGR4V17Y

What else should society overlook so you fan feel good about yourself?

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 04:32 PM
link   

END OF STORY!!

No, because if psychological gender is used instead of biological (and I dont see why not), then this kid is a girl.

According to every developmental psychologist on the planet, he doesn't have a psychological gender yet. One is being forced on him, and that is not only morally wrong but criminal as well. If a man can have all three of his children taken away because he names one Adolf, then this woman is guilty of child abuse also.
edit on 10/27/2011 by OldCorp because: (no reason given)

link   

So how do you explain the existence of transgender people? Is it all a big conspiracy or what?

Psychological gender is as real as biological one. And psychological and biological genders do not always correlate.

link   
My two cents is the girl scouts is for girls. I am old fashion but I do believe that some people are born homosexual or different. The article said since the age of 2, this child has leaned towards the opposite gender, as someone said above studies show between the ages 5 to 10 a child finds their identity. I think at age 2 and on this child has been given extra attention because of this, thus it maybe an attention issue. I made note that the mother calls Bobby a he but if she totally supports this why? Shouldn't she be calling him a her? Being the parent of 3, I notice that more and more the talk at school is to declare yourself bi-sexual. I have had other parents from other schools mention this also. It makes me wonder why.

link   

Why do you care? Did you have a bad experience once in college? Can you show us on the doll where the bad coed touched you with their boy-parts?

Seriously. This is the dumbest and most offensive conversation in the history of this site.

Please grow up.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

According to every developmental psychologist on the planet, he doesn't have a psychological gender yet.

Source, please. I dont believe children are genderless.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   

You keep changing your tune. At first you said such things as, you would not let your daughter join if a boy was allowed to join. Then you said it had nothing to with him being a boy, but with his parents. Now, once again you're saying he should not be allowed to join. Can I ask what your problem is with him joining? If he identifies as a girl and is most happy doing things one would expect from a girl, then shouldn't we let the kid be happy?

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by AuntB

At 5-10 they develop their sexual identity. Their gender identity is in place before that. Most children have developed their gender identity by the time they are three and I even came across an article that found that homosexual males develop their gender identity even earlier.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by 0zzymand0s

Seriously. This is the dumbest and most offensive conversation in the history of this site.

Please grow up.

Yes IT IS DUMB!
We have to be having this conversation
VERY DUMB A boy is being allowed in to GIRL SCOUTS!!

VERY SICK and dumb of parents pushing there kid out
into the media to be the headline of the day or the scouts
RISK LAWSUIT of millions of dollars.

NO your right, a boy being in GIRL scouts is dumb, sick, disturbing, and disgusting!!

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 04:38 PM
link   
"This is not an adult making a life choice to be homosexual.."

I think the theme of this website is Deny Ignorance...

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcalibur254
reply to post by OldCorp

I'm not sure where you're getting your information from. Just in case I was wrong I just perused a number of abstracts related to the development of gender identity. Each one stated that by three years of age a child already have a strong sense of gender identity.

reply to post by OldCorp

According to every developmental psychologist on the planet, he doesn't have a psychological gender yet.

Source, please. I dont believe children are genderless.

Erickson: He's my go to guy when it comes to developmental psychology (and everyone else's as well.)

Psychosocial Stage 5 - Identity vs. Confusion

During adolescence, children are exploring their independence and developing a sense of self.

Those who receive proper encouragement and reinforcement through personal exploration will emerge from this stage with a strong sense of self and a feeling of independence and control. Those who remain unsure of their beliefs and desires will insecure and confused about themselves and the future.

I think you are referring to a child's discovery that they actually have genitalia, that they can control what they do with it (potty training) and that not everyone has the same type. That is quite different than feeling the emotions that go along with it.
edit on 10/27/2011 by OldCorp because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99
He or she is a child, and needs a lot more understanding and support. I have no problem with this.

I am willing to bet dimes to dollars their is no father figure in the kids life and mom is a lesbian. I certainly believe that some children are born gay but I also truly believe that society in general and specifically the parents play a major role factor.

Further this child should not be allowed into this organization for the simple fact the other children who by the way have rights may not have been subjected to this type of lifestyle. These people are minority and force their lifestyles down everyones throat and try to play it off as normal.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   
This whole thread should be moderated and removed from the website.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by popsmayhem

But this is not in any way comparable to these things. It is not evil or immoral to be a transgender.

Again this has nothing to do with hate towards this child..

The point being is a BOY being allowed into GIRL scouts.

Then there should be an only CO-ED scouts

Or make a transgender scout division so all the transgender
kid's have there own little world to live with.
So Chaz Bono can have there wet dream fulfilled by her being able to lead the boy scouts.

END OF STORY!!

Calm down, you're hysterical.

You have a real fixation with Chas Bono going on there, care to explain? There's absolutely no need to get your knickers in such a fankle over boy scouts/girl scouts/whatever.That kid looks happy enough to me and is clearly not being abused so why don't you focus all your vitriol on those who really do abuse kids? Where is your ranting thread about child abusers/murders/rapists? I very much look forward to participating in that one so please let me know as soon as it's posted.

One last thing -- please learn how to use there, their and they're. It won't stop you looking like a fool but you will certainly appear more literate.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   

reply to

I dont believe children are genderless.

THAT is the point!!
Who wudda thunked?

Children are NOT born gender-less they are born
with male parts or girl parts!! MALE OR FEMALE

This boy is a male joining an all female group
that is the problem...

The scouts are terrified about lawsuits is why
they allowed it.
edit on 27-10-2011 by popsmayhem because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by Noey777

Further this child should not be allowed into this organization for the simple fact the other children who by the way have rights may not have been subjected to this type of lifestyle.

But nobody is going to force other kids to be transgender, so what exactly is your point?

link   

Originally posted by Cosmic911

This whole thread should be moderated and removed from the website.

Why? Because you're wrong? Man up and Deny Ignorance.

*yes I understand the irony in that statement.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by AuntB

Yeah I was thinking along those lines too. You can get a child to do and think almost anything through that kind of reinforcement.... Ignore them when they act one way, and give them positive reinforcement when they act another. It's a form of brainwashing.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join