It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Transgender boy's attempt to join Girl Scouts initially rejected

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by kid_of_3NKi

The physiological differences in transgenders are present at birth. Sexual identity forms between 5 and 10, while gender identity forms even earlier. This child is 7. Old enough to have formed their own gender and sexual identity as well as the physiological differences to be present. Why is it so hard for people to accept that children know their own feelings better than adults do?

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by discharged77
LOL!!! If i caught my boy playing with barbies instead of GI joe i would be sure to steer him in the right direction by throwing all the dolls in the garbage can.

So, you live your life through your child, who is expressing who they are with toys?

Grow up.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Thanks to old corp!!

Is it normal for children to draw lines down there barbie dolls like there
doing an autopsy??

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Seriously y'all... I think we should consider the evidence of contaminants in our food, water, and plastics contributing to this phenomenon. Aside from hormones in milk, there is the issue of dioxin..

Here is an excerpt from Daniel Pinchbeck's book "2012: The Return of Quetzalcoatl".. I am transcribing it from the book in my hand..

"For a glossy men's magazine, I reported on the declining human sperm count, down more than 50 percent in the past half century worldwide, apparently caused by residues of pesticides and chlorine that concentrate in the food chain. I visited a swamp in the Florida Everglades, where a dioxin spill had turned the local alligators into hermaphrodites. In a speedboat, I skimmed across the moonlit marshes at night with a biologist who was studying this brave new syndrome. He pulled wriggling baby saurians out of the water, skillfully cinched shut their jaws, tagged them, and investigated their confused nether regions. These estrogen-mimicking compounds, it seemed, were deforming beasts around the world, thinning the eggshells of birds in the Arctic Circle, as well as causing cancer and reproductive dysfunction in humans."

Dioxin can be found in plastics.. like plastic water bottles. Again, I'm not attributing it entirely to dioxin, but it's definitely something to be considered, along with all the junk hormones and pesticides in our milk, meat, and tap water...

Blame Chaz Bono all you like, but in my opinion, we're dealing with a phenomenon much bigger than the influence of some prime-time dancing show...

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by popsmayhem

My parents are oldschool,but even they would find your " skulls all over the place " more disturbing then a little boy who just feels that his a girl.

link   
Lots of boys go through a girly phase, and vice versa, but they grew out of it. I am not too sure encouraging it is the right thing to do....

link   

Originally posted by Lemon.Fresh
Reply to post by JiggyPotamus

Saying one was born that way is a crutch, just as using the animal kingdom as an example for human behavior is.

We should be more understanding and let rape, murder, and theft go on without batting an eye.

Some people are born with the propensity to do theze things. And it does happen in the animal kingdom.

Amiright?

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

Research indicates that homosexuality (not all cases, but a good percentage) is indeed genetic. However, the feelings associated with one's attraction to one sex or the other do not emerge until puberty regardless of the person's possible proclivities.

I'm sure that this boy's mother (no mention of a father in the interview or the text of the article) has a political agenda that she is pursuing. I'd like to know how she identifies herself. It's very possible that she is a single gay woman who was artificially inseminated, or the boy could even be adopted; but that is really here nor there. What is important is that for whatever reason, she is trying to force this child to be what she wants, and not what the boy is destined to become on his own.
edit on 10/27/2011 by OldCorp because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Lemon.Fresh

We should be more understanding and let rape, murder, and theft go on without batting an eye.

But this is not in any way comparable to these things. It is not evil or immoral to be a transgender.

link   
reply to post by Lemon.Fresh

You're comparing two different things. Sexual orientation and identification does not harm anyone. Murder and rape on the other hand have victims. I also don't think any biological factors have been associated with these acts. While antisocial personality disorder does have a biological component, it does not compel one to commit crimes. In fact, the majority of people diagnosed with ASPD are law-abiding citizens.

link   

Originally posted by discharged77

Originally posted by ladyinwaiting
reply to post by discharged77

Do you think this little child will cause our society to come to a crashing end? How so?

You are naive if you think this is really about this child.

Not so much, no.

Of course i feel bad for this 7 year old, for many reasons, but one of them happens to be the fact that his parents are complete #e.

Why would you say this? Their child has developed some fundamental differences, and they are trying to help him cope with it, and make sure he is being treated fairly, and without prejudice. The news got into it, and now, here they are. Sigh.

If what they claim about this boy is true he is already in for a lifetime of hell, why would you want to kick it off like this?

I don't believe he is in for a "lifetime of hell". There is no reason he can have a long happy life.

Do you really think that the rest of the girls in the troupe are going to be accepting?

Of course I do, for the most part. I believe they will, unless of course they are coached by prejudiced parents and teachers to treat him otherwise, and try to cause problems for him. But I think the girls, left on their own, will quickly forget about it, and accept him.

How about the parents? Have you ever tried to explain these types of things to a 7 year old? You have to look deeper into the agenda of these people to see the real intentions behind these publicity stunts.

Do seven year olds watch television? Enough said.

Publicity stunt? What has lead you to this conclusion? They'd be better off claiming he took off in a flying saucer balloon.
edit on 10/27/2011 by ladyinwaiting because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by discharged77

How are the other girls in troop expected to be accepting when the adults that surround them are not?
The more people like you open your minds and find out that there is nothing to be afraid of when it comes to people who may be considered different because of how they dress or who they love, the more children grow up accepting and loving people who are truly different! People say that children can be so cruel, but they get that way from learned behavior from the adults in their lives that they look up to. I don't necessarily mean parents, but every adult that touches that child's life in some way or another
My father is an outspoken homophobic and my mother is one of the most open minded and loving people I've ever known; I was taught that the things that make us different are the things worth loving bout us. So, as long as there is someone influencing a child's life with compassion and unconditional love, I don't see why more children wouldn't grow up with an open mind and that same unconditional love for there fellow Man (no matter their sexual orientation, appearance, etc).
I would hope that, if you have children, you would influence them in a positive way to accept people for who they are...what if one day it was your child and you on the other side of this argument?

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Well, actually some kids go crazy with crayons and markers and draw on ANYTHING.

That being said, though, I was a little girl once and I had dolls (not quite as many as Bobby, but then I didn't get a lot of toys and I appreciated what I had)...but I did not leave them lying around naked. They were naked only when I changed their outfits (which I did a lot...cuz wasn't that the point???). The fact that every one of those Barbies were clothes-less would concern me more than the fact that he wasn't playing with a GI Joe.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   

I remember sometime back that there was a big hoopla about a gay man being a scout master or something and it was not condoned nor supported by any means yet they are open minded about a transgender boy? Not sure if this really equality or even a good thing overall considering the past track record of these organizations and there alleged intolerance for such matters. I hope the kid find a peaceful place to co-exist with others and be happy and enjoy childhood the best he/she can though.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by popsmayhem

I'm not telling ANYONE how to live..
Parents teach there children how to live,
and these parents are doing
A TERRIBLE JOB at parenting/teaching a child to live.

What's terrible is a person presuming to know the mechanics of this household. Do you live there and see it on a day to day basis?

Perhaps, and just perhaps, a huge problem with the world is people like you determining what a soul or human being should fit into like a jello mold.

How is this hurting you in any way? Really?

Does it offend your manlihood, or what your supposed image of what a male should be hurting you in any way?

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Jansy

Maybe that is why the video creeped me out, I could not put my finger on it, but it gave me the creeps.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maslo

But this is not in any way comparable to these things. It is not evil or immoral to be a transgender.

Again this has nothing to do with hate towards this child..

The point being is a BOY being allowed into GIRL scouts.

Then there should be an only CO-ED scouts

Or make a transgender scout division so all the transgender
kid's have there own little world to live with.
So Chaz Bono can have there wet dream fulfilled by her being able to lead the boy scouts.
There should be NO boys in girl scouts
There should be NO girls in boy scouts.

END OF STORY!!

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   
regardless of what the transgender does later on,

this is proof parents are so dumbed down, they reward and teach the next generation from young age to be fixated & dwell on 'physical interests'.

ego, materialism, lust.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   

There should be NO boys in girl scouts
There should be NO girls in boy scouts.
END OF STORY!!

No, because if psychological gender is used instead of biological (and I dont see why not), then this kid is a girl.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Then there should be an only CO-ED scouts

Uh, huh.

Change your tune. This was in my first post.

There shouldn't even be a co-ed version. There should be a you are a human child version.

You brought ugly to your thread, and are back peddling now.

Nice try!

edit on 27-10-2011 by supine because: quote

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Thanks to old corp!!

Is it normal for children to draw lines down there barbie dolls like there
doing an autopsy??

Maybe he got that idea from his mommy, telling him that he will soon have a sex-change surgery where they will cut open his chest to implant some nice little silicon titties

Ko3

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join