It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Transgender boy's attempt to join Girl Scouts initially rejected

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   
A child will go to bed tonight with no food in their stomach, or be killed by an incoming drone or will drown in a flood in some poor third world nation, these and many more atrocities visited on children are the disgusting parts...Don't sweat the small stuff man!

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Reply to post by QUANTUMGR4V17Y

Your job as a parent is to train and nurture the child. Not give in to any whims that they may have.

Who are you to tell them what to do?

You are the PARENT.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by popsmayhem

You seem to be sending mixed messages here. You claim that it's impossible for the child to have developed a sexual identity by this point. Yet, at the same time you make it sound like if he is put in a situation with girls he's going to have sex with them. If he doesn't have a sexual identity, not to mention the fact that he hasn't hit puberty yet, then what's the problem?

link   

Originally posted by QUANTUMGR4V17Y

I notice you're all too quick to agree with those who are as hateful as yourself, but you have no responses for those of us who offered an actual argument?

What's wrong with equality? Is there a reason you're preaching segregation?

What has a transgendered child done to one of your "normal" children?

Parents wanting to make the headlines and turning
there children into a circus fest is what I dislike.

I have no ill feelings for this abused boys.

This is BAD attention seeking parenting!!

The parents are exploiting there own child!

link   

Originally posted by popsmayhem

Originally posted by woodwardjnr
I'm sure the kid just wishes he could be "normal" like everyone else, but not everyone is the same. There's nothing disgusting about it apart from peoples lack of tolerance to difference.

Let him join BOY scouts and dress up as a girl!!!

Chaz Bono syndrome infecting the minds of young people?

A boy dressing as a girl in the boy scouts? Yes.... let's let the hazing and bullying hit him hard when he's young. Maybe they'll be able to beat the idea out of his head.

If the child is happy, the parents and girl scouts are encouraging, then why not commend them for being unbiased and accommodating? Why do we need to further inject into the world more segregation and intolerance? Suppressing natural tendencies only backfire. If someone is naturally different, we should encourage it, not condemn him or her for it.

He may grow out of it, or he may go for a full transition as he gets older. The bottom line is, it's his life, his choice, and his happiness. Butt out.

~FugitiveSoul

edit on 27-10-2011 by FugitiveSoul because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   
I'm very proud of the Colorado Girl Scouts for welcoming this child. I'm very sad for the OP. Heart three sizes too small?

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr
I'm sure the kid just wishes he could be "normal" like everyone else, but not everyone is the same. There's nothing disgusting about it apart from peoples lack of tolerance to difference.

Star for you man,exactly what i thought.Live and let live seriously this kid jus wants to fit in like the others,probably feels alienated enough at that age going through that without more grief!

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   
I'm really interested to see the answer posed to the OP on page 2.

If you think the boy is in it for the girls what do you think about a lesbian being in the girl scouts? Not trying to start anything just interested in the answer.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Lemon.Fresh

You're right.

I'm the parent of my child, as you are yours.

I don't step into your life and tell you how to raise your child, who the heck are you to step into these peoples lives and tell them that their child can't be brought up this way? Even though the child has identified themself, psychologically, with a girl, not the parents.

So...

We don't encourage free thinking in this nation anymore? We all have to abide by a certain set of "norms" set forth and put into law?

I guess those conspiracy theorists were right.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   

This about mixing the GIRL scouts with a male!!

Might as well not even have boy or girl scouts!!

I completely agree, however, what I think you are missing, is this is not some feminist or gender equality thing.

This child identifies as female. He has since birth, according to the parents. It happens. Nature sometimes gets the tables turned. This child appears to be adjusting to it quite well.

If the child can, can you? She needs to be supported; it's a confusing time for her.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   

I'm with you bud, this country has become laughable at best. This was done with no regard to how it would affect the real girls in the troupe. The real sad part about this whole thing is that it has to be the parents of this child that are pushing the envelope, using their own child as the Trojan horse. SICK. SAD. American society and all of the cheerleaders for this garbage are pushing us closer to the edge of destruction. We are going to look back at all this horses##t in the history books one day and see how and why our once great society came to a crashing end.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by angrymomma
I'm really interested to see the answer posed to the OP on page 2.

If you think the boy is in it for the girls what do you think about a lesbian being in the girl scouts? Not trying to start anything just interested in the answer.

The boy is being abused.

I never said he is in it for the girls.

Watch Chaz Bono be the next leader of boy scouts!!

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Some days i feel like using the ladies restroom, who are you to tell me i cant? You are oppressing my feelings, you are a hate monger. Where does this nonsense stop?

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by discharged77

Do you think this little child will cause our society to come to a crashing end? How so?

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by ladyinwaiting

This about mixing the GIRL scouts with a male!!

Might as well not even have boy or girl scouts!!

I completely agree, however, what I think you are missing, is this is not some feminist or gender equality thing.

This child identifies as female. He has since birth, according to the parents. It happens. Nature sometimes gets the tables turned. This child appears to be adjusting to it quite well.

If the child can, can you? She needs to be supported; it's a confusing time for her.

How do you know this child has identified as a girl *since birth*
My belief is the parents are inciting this behavior!!

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by discharged77
Some days i feel like using the ladies restroom, who are you to tell me i cant? You are oppressing my feelings, you are a hate monger. Where does this nonsense stop?

IT WILL NOT if people keep accepting this BS!!

Your damn right!!
edit on 27-10-2011 by popsmayhem because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by QUANTUMGR4V17Y

I notice you're all too quick to agree with those who are as hateful as yourself, but you have no responses for those of us who offered an actual argument?

What's wrong with equality? Is there a reason you're preaching segregation?

What has a transgendered child done to one of your "normal" children?

Parents wanting to make the headlines and turning
there children into a circus fest is what I dislike.

I have no ill feelings for this abused boys.

This is BAD attention seeking parenting!!

The parents are exploiting there own child!

You're saying this as a fact... Do you not see why I have the tone I do?

You don't know anything about this, you only know what is being shown to you through the internet. You know nothing about this family, how this child was raised, who the parents are, etc. You assume that this child has been forced to be this way for publicity?

link   
Quite frankly I think that its your point of view that is disgusting....
To think that the parents would be pressuring their little boy to dress like a girl is very naive...
I think the parents are amazing parents; Not only for accepting their child for who they are, but for standing up and fighting for him/her. I'm sure no parent wishes for their child to be different in that way, I mean people are already cruel to anyone who is considered to be different (you, for example).
No, I would not feel uncomfortable if my daughter were to be in the girl scouts with a transgendered little boy because that little boy obviously identifies as a little girl despite what their body may reflect. How is it any different from one of those little girls growing up to be lesbian? Are you going to suggest that they screen the children by sexual orientation next? As for the girl scouts organization, I think it is commendable that they accept transgendered children.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by OldCorp
What I find disgusting are the parents of this child.

Children this young don't make these kind of decisions. According to Erikson, sexual identity isn't determined until adolescence, and all other models of Developmental Psychology agree (except for Freud, but he had his own issues when it came to sex) that the last thing a child this age is thinking about is his or her sexuality.

This boy's parent obviously have some agenda, and I think they should be investigated for child abuse.
edit on 10/27/2011 by OldCorp because: (no reason given)

That is where I believe this is stemming from the parents!

This is not an adult making the decision to be transgender.
This is a child that is having that decision made FOR him.

True. I was watching the CNN video again when I noticed something strange about the Barbie dolls he was playing with. One had a black Magic Marker line running from the base of the neck, between the breasts, and stopping just above the pubic region - exactly where the incision for an autopsy would be made.

This kid is going to end up a serial killer, you watch and see.

"Mother's not feeling well right now."

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Helious

And then years later they came out of their rooms and spent the rest of their lives in psychiatrists offices or worse. People act like this is some new phenomenon. It's not. We're living in a much more communicative world these days and at least some of us have strived to replace knuckle-dragging strereotyping with tolerance. I really wish the world was as simple as some members here apparently are... but it's not. And (act surprised) it never has been.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join