It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Transgender boy's attempt to join Girl Scouts initially rejected

page: 22
<< 19  20  21   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 10:23 PM
link   
I'm pretty sure assholes are even less socially accepted than those of us with gender dysphoria. Keep it up, maybe you'll feel some of our pain.

Yes, comparing people like me to thieves, rapists and murderers not only makes you an inconsiderate asshole, but it also makes you mean.
edit on 28-10-2011 by zanysami because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by zanysami
I'm pretty sure assholes are even less socially accepted than those of us with gender dysphoria. Keep it up, maybe you'll feel some of our pain.

Aww how sweet. But society does not mind asssholes as long as they follow the morals that society has created.

Yes, comparing people like me to thieves, rapists and murderers not only makes you an inconsiderate asshole, but it also makes you mean.
edit on 28-10-2011 by zanysami because: (no reason given)

I have already explained it twice.

I am sorry that you can't grasp such an easy logical concept, but would rather try and force square pegs into round holes.

Actually . . .no I am not sorry.Try actually reading what was written instead of a knee-jerk response that is nothing but name calling and lashing out.
edit on 10/28/2011 by Lemon.Fresh because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 01:04 AM
link   
The scouts allow transgendered children... So what?

Honestly, I think the problem lies not with the scouts but with you Pops...

Sometimes people are gay. Or they are transgendered.... It happens. This does not make them any less human. People can't help who they are attracted to....

Come on Pops.... You should know better.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 09:51 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by popsmayhem
reply to post by bhornbuckle75

Well made posts, although the discussion
is not about homosexuality as much as it is
about a boy who's parents are putting
a lot of pressure on the girl scouts
to allow there male child into an all girl group.

He can dress up as a girl in the boy scouts.

Girls can be just as mean or meaner then boys can be at that age
so an argument *he will get made fun of in the boy scouts*
dressed as a girl is moot. Because the girls have JUST as
much ability to make fun of him or even more (or even beat him up)
as the boys do.

The fact remains the girl scouts is an all inclusive female only group
and it is not right and is disgusting that the parents are forcing a boy
into an all girl group..

I think you're making a lot of assumptions here....I saw nothing in the piece about them 'forcing' the Girl-Scouts to do anything....nor did I see anything about them 'forcing' their child to do anything. You're assuming things that are simply not presented in the article. Sure the parents could be forcing a lot of things....None of that was apperent from the article though. Rather it seemed that the Girl-Scouts were accepting the child with open arms.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by popsmayhem

Why did you create this thread? Why are transgender children such an issue with you? I am curious.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 01:30 AM
link   
OP, if genitals of the opposite sex were slapped on you right now, would that change who you are?
Transgender is not a choice. These people (male and female) feel as if they have been put in the wrong body. They look down and see a body they don't identify as there own. Internally, this young boy is a girl and forcing him to be a male when he doesn't feel like he is is only going to be painful for him.

To those who think she should join the boy scouts? Clearly, many people are not open minded enough for that, imagine the critisism she would receive just because, whilst she is in all ways other then physically a female, she was born with male genitalia!

Thankfully, there are sex change operations available, and she might even in later years decide to correct this body which is the wrong sex.

Good on these parents for not repressing their child! And good on the Girl scout's for being so open minded!

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 03:16 AM
link   
This is disgusting. I'm sickened with what our society has become. I'm sure we're gonna be cleansed with another great flood to save us from ourselves....again.

OP, if genitals of the opposite sex were slapped on you right now, would that change who you are? Transgender is not a choice. These people (male and female) feel as if they have been put in the wrong body. They look down and see a body they don't identify as there own. Internally, this young boy is a girl and forcing him to be a male when he doesn't feel like he is is only going to be painful for him. To those who think she should join the boy scouts? Clearly, many people are not open minded enough for that, imagine the critisism she would receive just because, whilst she is in all ways other then physically a female, she was born with male genitalia! Thankfully, there are sex change operations available, and she might even in later years decide to correct this body which is the wrong sex. Good on these parents for not repressing their child! And good on the Girl scout's for being so open minded!

There's something wrong with you, Breakherlegs. The link says this boy has been identifying as a girl since two years old.....IMPOSSIBLE!! You have been brainwashed by the lobby to "normalize" abnormal behavior.

I read once years ago in my state all day care centers had to be approved by the dept of ed. It laid out the education the workers were to give the the kids and the whole emphasis was to encourage and develop homosexual type behavior once it was spotted.
edit on 22-11-2011 by type0civ because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-11-2011 by type0civ because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 01:00 AM
link   
reply to post by type0civ

It's been a while since I've been on ATS, but I feel the need to reply to this post.

At nearly 3 years old, I was able to read and speak proficiently (and sort of write). And I can remember that far back, too. (I'm 17 now, as of the day you posted that) -- Anyway.

As I grew up, I remember reading books and watching movies and always putting myself in the place of the heroine or damsel-in-distress. I remember feeling big pangs of jealousy when a group of little girls was playing amongst themselves and I couldn't join them. I didn't know why, then. So - I became something of a social outcast even at that age. There was one girl in my preschool class that was sort of like me.. more mature than the others, quiet, smart (Well, as smart as any 3-4 year old could be). We'd sit off on our own and play with these little Dalmatians toys. There were two. I still have one of them, actually, the one with the little yellow collar. It's the only time in my life I've ever stolen anything - I don't imagine she took the other one, so she's probably forgotten me by now. We were very good friends, and went to Kindergarten together as well. After that, my family moved.

She treated me like I imagine a true friend should; with no regard to whether I was a boy, or girl, or black or hispanic or - whatever.

I guess the point I'm trying to make is that even at such a young age, you can be very smart and have really very deep emotions. Sometimes those emotions are simple and pure and peaceful, and I really do think that's the way it should be. Had the other children been 'special', perhaps they would've been smarter, as it's kind of a necessity for survival, as it were. Maybe, if I wasn't agnostic, I'd believe her and I just had old souls and that was the way we were.

Before I turned eleven or twelve, I always regarded becoming a girl as something maybe God, or magical fairies or some guardian angel would give me, and that if I just wished or prayed or hoped hard enough, it would happen. Whenever I saw a movie like Lilo and Stitch, or that one episode in the Fairly Oddparents when Timmy gets to become a girl for a day - I'd always feel so jealous. Why does THAT person get to be accepted, or get that opportunity, and not me? It's not fair.

When I hit the point at which Santa Claus ceased to be a reality and I began to really question the existence of God (and magical fairies and angels, for that matter) I think I became very depressed and lost a lot of hope.

Then, I turned twelve, and met someone on the internet who shared my feelings. This was the first time it had ever occured to me to Google the phrase 'I want to be a girl'.. and the first time I'd had my own computer, and thus was able to do so without fear of being caught. As it turns out, there are plenty of others who feel that way, too.

That isn't to say there aren't people who are mean even amongst transgenders - I joined my local support group over the internet - not saying where I was or my birth name, for obvious reasons.. and they removed me out of fear, because I was and remain to this day underage. They most likely assumed someone - maybe my parents, who most probably wouldn't approve if I told them of my feelings - would find out I was a member of their internet group and react harshly.

That's the real crime here - that people have become so afraid of society, of the Government and the Police that even amongst 'outcasts', it's hard for a child to find help.

That this girl has parents that are not only understanding but fully supportive and, in fact, even proactive, is incredible. I wish her all the best, and can't help but feel jealous.

- zS

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by caladonea

Why did you create this thread? Why are transgender children such an issue with you? I am curious.

Because I find it appalling,
that these people are pressuring
the girl scouts to let a boy in.
It is DISGUSTING how these people
behave and demand that everyone
kisses there ass.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by gimme_some_truth
The scouts allow transgendered children... So what?

um...i think the problems in the question.....whats a transgender child?
and WHO certified that its a transgender....i wont ask how they found out....thats too far

peace

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 02:20 AM
link   
reply to post by thePharaoh

Erm..

Someone who is transgender has a deep psychological and in many cases physical longing to be treated by society as a member of the opposite sex. This can occur because of hormonal imbalances in the womb, genetic variances, or several other reasons. Typically corrective action is taken, which usually means modifying the person's body to ensure that they can be accepted by society as the correct gender, and making sure their hormones are stable and correct.

If this isn't done, it usually ends badly - the suicide and murder rate for transgender individuals is astronomical.

I'm .. not entirely sure what you mean by 'certified'. We sort of.. know what we are. It isn't that hard to figure out, which is why many young kids (before society teaches them it's a "bad" thing) tell their parents. Sadly, most parents aren't that supportive.

Also.. kindly don't refer to us as 'its'. We're regular people too, you know.. He.. she.. her.. his.. those sorts of pronouns.
edit on 2-2-2012 by zanysami because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Ok got to go into a story for this one.

My son is in the Boy Scouts, when he first started there was a "boy" who was very uncomfortable. He never wanted to join in didn't interact with the other boys just in general didn't want to be there. After a few weeks I started talking to his Mom, sadly she is an idiot, and his Dad. Come to find out he had been telling his parents that he felt he was a girl. They wanted him to be able to enjoy the different things you learn and do in an organization like Boy/Girl Scouts, but as he was genetically a boy they didn't think that he could join the Girl Scouts. I tried my best to get them all the info I could and get them in contact with people who could help. A couple of weeks later I here the Pastor of the Church the troop meets at yelling in the hall. Went to find out what was going on, and I find the Pastor (who I've known for almost my entire life) Shaking the living day lights out of the kid screaming at the kid. Sadly I have to sad I hit the 58 Year old Pastor in the Church. You see his son( Daughter as she felt), who I went to school with struggled with being transgender, and at 17 hung herself. Her father ( the Pastor ) had beaten her, performed exorcisms on her and a myriad of other things to keep her from being who she was. We had to find a new place to meet, and I had a nice little meeting with the Cops.When this story came out on the news I picked the phone up and had to dial 3 friggin times because I was so excited to share the news with the parents. They looked into it a bit and promptly signed Jenna ( Not her real name wouldn't give that out on the web their transgender Daughter) up for the Girl Scouts. I was there when they told her, I've seen adults cry in happiness but I had never seen a child do it until then. Heck I cried. Jenna is the most well adjusted best behave child I have ever met, she is an entirely different person now that she's allowed to be herself. I am extremely proud of the Girl Scouts for being open.

My point is that you haven't the slightest idea of what a Transgender person goes through. Your view is just plain bigoted and hateful, but above all else it's just plain ignorance. Perhaps you should talk to a person who is Transgender before you make such harsh judgments of them.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 03:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by PriestOfAries

My point is that you haven't the slightest idea of what a Transgender person goes through. Your view is just plain bigoted and hateful, but above all else it's just plain ignorance. Perhaps you should talk to a person who is Transgender before you make such harsh judgments of them.

No thanks, the point is
a boy should never be able
to join the girl scouts.

Let the boy who wants to be a girl
join the BOY SCOUTS, let him dress
as he wants (like a girl) act like a girl
whatever. I do not want my daughter
in girl scouts with a boy no matter
what lies and excuses they come up
with to join the girl scouts.
TOTALLY unacceptable.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by popsmayhem

Originally posted by PriestOfAries

No thanks, the point is
a boy should never be able
to join the girl scouts.

Let the boy who wants to be a girl
join the BOY SCOUTS, let him dress
as he wants (like a girl) act like a girl
whatever. I do not want my daughter
in girl scouts with a boy no matter
what lies and excuses they come up
with to join the girl scouts.
TOTALLY unacceptable.

But.. we're not boys. And female-to-male transgendered kids aren't girls.

It's not "wants to be".. it's .. they ARE. Transgenders ARE the sex they 'want to be'.. no matter what they look like, sound like, or whatever.

I would really, really hate to be your kid - at least my parents are benevolent. I think you'd be evil, truly evil and malicious and heart-smashing. You'd be one of those parents that would try to 'fix' me..

You really don't get it, do you?

And you know, we're not 'gay' as your signature suggests, either.. gender preference has NOTHING to do with sexuality. I, and most like me, would never be interested in your daughter as anything other than a friend. I'm perfectly straight, thank you very much.
edit on 27-2-2012 by zanysami because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 19  20  21   >>

join