It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Transgender boy's attempt to join Girl Scouts initially rejected

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 08:51 AM
link   
reply to post by GmoS719

Yes yes, however it makes me SICK when people want to force someone to be unhappy.

None of that matters tho. It is the child's decision if he wants to dress like a girl or not. Your own social stigmas have no bearing.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 08:52 AM
link   
The father is ok with this? Some kids do question why they are a boy or why they are a girl, that doesnt mean go out to the store and get your kid a wig and tell him hes a girl, let them figure it out on their own when they are old enough to make that decision, something tells me the parents have more to do with this than the kids. These parents need their heads checked.

Just my 2 cents.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by TsukiLunar
reply to post by GmoS719

Yes yes, however it makes me SICK when people want to force someone to be unhappy.

None of that matters tho. It is the child's decision if he wants to dress like a girl or not. Your own social stigmas have no bearing.

Parents are here for a reason, to care for ; provide for ; and to lead them down the right path.
Look at him, he isn't old enough to know that what he is doing.
Sure, everyone is allowed to live their own life, but not at that age.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 09:06 AM
link   
reply to post by GmoS719

Look at him, he isn't old enough to know that what he is doing.

He sure is old enough to know that he is wearing 'girl' clothes.

Sure, everyone is allowed to live their own life, but not at that age.

Quite frankly, no. If he feels uncomfortable at that age then now(edit: probably in a couple of years, miscalculated the age) is the time to start getting hormonal injections and whatnot.

Post by zanysami

Iam 16 years old, and a transgender. I want to become a female.

I will never have the sheer luck that this child has had; she has unique, understanding parents, early access to horomone treatments that will allow her to look beautiful someday, and she will never be alone.

By contrast, I live with parents who I am too afraid to talk to about my problem, no access to any doctors or psychiatrists that can provide me with vital horomone treatments and other care - By the time I get these, it may very well be too late to stop the masculinity developing in my body from being dominant and easily visible.

It makes it so much harder to transition when people will look at you and ask themselves, 'Is this a man? Because the shape of his face, the broadness of his shoulders, his height tell me this.' If I had androgen blockers (which do nothing but prevent puberty-causing horomones from being absorbed) at the age of 11, I may very well be a pretty young girl right now. Since I did not, I will have to make do with second best.

Someday. Maybe never. I am alone. She is not. Those of you who feel disgusted by this should realize that just because we are children does not mean we don't know what we're talking about. I knew about my problem from a very young age, I dreamed of it literally, imagining when I was younger that maybe I would be granted magic wishes so that I could be free someday.

I'm an avid reader, and I've been reading since I was three years old. I was interested in politics and history when I was ten, and by eleven I could most certainly make choices like the ones she is currently making. Actually, I'm really very insulted by those of you that say just because we are children, our opinions, hopes, dreams, needs, and tears fall on deaf ears.

I would be even sadder if you said this only because my parents were of the same sex. What more understanding parents could I have? What parents could be more loving, less repressive, than those who could relate to me? Is the world really so bigoted? So far it appears the answer is yes - it will be a long time before we are accepted and loved.

Until then, children like myself will have to endure. The rare few will get lucky, like this girl has. God bless her.

This is from someone who wished his parents were as understanding as this young boys.

edit on 28-10-2011 by TsukiLunar because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 09:12 AM
link   

He sure is old enough to know that he is wearing 'girl' clothes.

Quite frankly, no. If he feels uncomfortable at that age then now is the time to start getting hormonal injections and whatnot.

He might be old enough to KNOW he is wearing girl close, but I don't think he is old enough to know what it means.

And to suggest that you should give a child hormonal injections is just SICK. Are you reading what you are typing? Or are you typing aimlessly?

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by GmoS719

And to suggest that you should give a child hormonal injections is just SICK. Are you reading what you are typing? Or are you typing aimlessly?

Did you even read the other quote? Maybe NOW(i thought he was like 10 but looking at his pic maybe he is like 8 or 7? idk cant find an age) is too young but if he gets over a certain age he will always look like a man. He would probably never be happy in his own skin.

It is still up to the parents anyway.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 09:23 AM
link   

reply to post by GmoS719

Did you even read the other quote? Maybe NOW(i thought he was like 10 but looking at his pic maybe he is like 8 or 7? idk cant find an age) is too young but if he gets over a certain age he will always look like a man. He would probably never be happy in his own skin.

It is still up to the parents anyway.

You said NOW is a good time to start hormonal injections.
What happens if it was just a phase?
What happpens when he has been on hormonal injections for 2 or 3 years and the whole time he was just confused; or mimicking something he saw on tv?
He will have to live his life as a woman. If only his parents would have waited until he was old enough to make his own decisions.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by GmoS719

You said NOW is a good time to start hormonal injections.

and i cleared it up

What happens if it was just a phase?

What if its not? I have no reason to think its a phase. Maybe in a year or two he will know for sure. Its not up to me.

What happpens when he has been on hormonal injections for 2 or 3 years and the whole time he was just confused; or mimicking something he saw on tv?

I dont know what kind of tv you watch, but these 'what ifs' are really not stationed in what we know to be true. Which is, he wants to be a girl.

He will have to live his life as a woman. If only his parents would have waited until he was old enough to make his own decisions.

And when is that?

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 09:36 AM
link   

I dont know what kind of tv you watch, but these 'what ifs' are really not stationed in what we know to be true. Which is, he wants to be a girl.

I guess you don't watch tv. Open your eyes and you will know what I mean.
Cartoons (Something that ALL Children watch) promote cross-dressing.
Even SPONGEBOB depicts it's characters in various episodes dressing like women.
So YES my "what ifs" are stationed in the truth.

As for when is the right time? I don't know. What I do know is that an 8 year old isn't mature enough to know.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by GmoS719

I guess you don't watch tv. Open your eyes and you will know what I mean. Cartoons (Something that ALL Children watch) promote cross-dressing. Even SPONGEBOB depicts it's characters in various episodes dressing like women. So YES my "what ifs" are stationed in the truth.

So, if your 'what-ifs' are stationed in truth then i assume you caught your son cross dressing? Or do you think kids dont understand the difference between TV and real life?

As for when is the right time? I don't know. What I do know is that an 8 year old isn't mature enough to know.

Ah yes, i dont know if i agree. I think that if you feel WRONG in your body, then that is how you feel. This kid has obviously recognized why he feels wrong and has tried to change it.

To say "he doesn't know" is wrong, because he obviously did know.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Children are Children, Innocent and Oblivious.
Children shouldn't cross-dress, it's as simple as that.
And for YOU to promote it is wrong.
I'm done here, peace.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by GmoS719

Children shouldn't cross-dress, it's as simple as that.

Ah yes, i remember it now. The 11th commandment was it?

"If thou is a boy, thou shalt not wear skirts. Girls shalt only wearith dresses. Lest yee suffer eternity in hell."

And for YOU to promote it is wrong.

Okay, well i promote wearing whatever the hell ya want. I promote being happy and satisfied with oneself and if this is wrong of me then I do not care to be right.

I'm done here, peace.

Later, I guess.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Just to clear up the stuff about hormonal injections: transgender children only get hormone blockers which delay puberty. This therapy seems to be quite safe and fully reversible. Only late teens can get hormone therapy which actually changes their gender traits, after they make the informed decision for themselves.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Maslo

Is there really a big difference between blocking testosterone, or pumping up the estrogen? Either way, it is messing with the natural chemical balance in a developing brain, that has serious reprocussions. Just ask all those kids that have been force fed ADD drugs and antidepressants...

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 10:32 AM
link   
I actually thought about this whole issue all night...I'll make a couple of points and then shut up about it.

It bothers me that the statement provided by the Colorado organization is obviously designed to ward off a lawsuit or a salivating ACLU attorney, and hypocritical in the extreme: "we are an inclusive organization," (inclusive my Aunt Fanny - when the name of their organization is most definitely EX-clusive: The GIRL Scouts of America). If they are going to allow non-girls into the organization then they should change their name to "The Non-Gender-Specific Scouts of America." Don't call it Girl Scouts when boys can join (for whatever reason).

I'm not bashing the child at all (as I mentioned earlier, my heart aches for that child...not only for his confusion now, but the problems he'll have in the future). I'm not bashing his mother (no father was mentioned at all), but my personal opinion is that it's the mother that has the agenda, not the child...and she's a crusader and a pusher, and that will influence Bobby as much as the naked Barbies (and no, there's nothing fundamentally wrong with nudity, the human body is a beautiful thing...but there are societal norms and mores that are accepted and followed...we don't walk around naked simply because there's nothing wrong with the human body...the fact that every doll was naked DOES bother me, because I doubt very much that Bobby had taken all their little clothes and put them in the washing machine just in time for the television interview...that's a ridiculous theory, sorry).

Lastly, I believe strongly that the rights of the group - this particular GIRL Scout Troop - trump the rights of this poor, confused boy AND his pushy mother and grandmother. These little girls should not be forced into this situation...and saying they can just pull out of the troop is plain wrong, wrong, wrong...why the HECK should THEY be forced to leave??? They didn't join the troop, nor did their parents expect, to be a battleground for transgender "rights." And I still don't believe that, simply because he's a boy who's confused about his gender identity, he has the right to force himself (or his mother to force him) into an organization designed for little girls.

Okay, poke a fork in me...I'm done...

edit on 28-10-2011 by Jansy because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by GmoS719

That bit may go over great in Sunday school maam, but it does jack all in the real world, where rationality and utility rule the day. Whom does this injure? None. Whom does this edify? At least 1. Together or apart? Together.

You can be "out" all you want but as your generation die off it will be an increasingly lonely position. And that's "that."

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Does anyone actually read the thread, or just spew bull# at random because DEY TOOK AR JURBS?

Transgender children know PERFECTLY well what it means, we understand, I understood at a stupidly young age because I kept having recurring dreams about God, fairies, magic toads, wtfever granting me the ability to be a girl. Essentially, by saying this child is 'too young', you are basically saying 'they should wait until they're 18 when it's too late to do anything' because that is what it would end up being. Gender dysphoria doesn't wait; and there's no reversing puberty. I'm already halfway through puberty (at 16) and regretting not expressing myself about this earlier. I hid it, I buried it, like so many others do, and it's coming back to bite me in the ass now that I'm getting taller, my shoulders are filling out, my voice is deepening and there's NO REVERSING THAT.

If this girl - and YES, AGAIN, SHE IS A GIRL - gets androgen blockers and some natural, low-dose estrogen pills, preferably natural ones as they're less effective, until she reaches.. say, my age, she will grow up as a pretty young girl, probably get her name changed, be accepted by her peers (.. for the most part, most of them won't ever even know) and have a fulfilling life. Once she's over the age of consent, they can start giving her legitimate estrogens which will allow her body to develop; breasts, that 'feminine' shape, she'll slim down a little, her voice will soften a tiny bit, and no one will be able to distinguish her from any other 18 year old girl.

If you have a problem with that, you truly are beyond hope.

/end rant

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   
!st off: Thank you for removing DISGUSTING from the title OP. You finally did somthing right.
2nd. This little boy that thinks he is a girl is what we call transgender. Transgenders are people who your "God" placed in the wrong sex body. More factual communities say it is a problem in nuro transmitters. I suscribe to the latter.
3rd. I was kicked out of scouts when I was almost eagle because they found out I was gay. Sort of offtopic, but just though I would share.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by zanysami

*Applause*

Very well said.

However, these people will never understand such pain. They will continue to deny and criticize those that feel as you do. They cannot admit they are wrong. They cannot even see it. They are set in their ways and convincing them will be nigh impossible. It is to late for them.

I thank you for your input.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by mileysubet

You seem to have very militaristic views on raising your children, not a criticism just an observation. They will grow up to be just like you, aren't you proud....

So because I teach my children right from wrong, and actually hold them to moral values, I have militaristic view.

o_O

Alright.

And if they do turn out like me, I will be extremely proud, as I know I have done my job as a parent.
edit on 10/28/2011 by Lemon.Fresh because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22 >>

join