It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Transgender boy's attempt to join Girl Scouts initially rejected

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by popsmayhem

Originally posted by woodwardjnr
I'm sure the kid just wishes he could be "normal" like everyone else, but not everyone is the same. There's nothing disgusting about it apart from peoples lack of tolerance to difference.

Let him join BOY scouts and dress up as a girl!!!

Chaz Bono syndrome infecting the minds of young people?

Blame the milk, not the victims. What we consume these days has so much unnatural hormonal junk in it, this kind of stuff is bound to keep happening

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Physically the child is in a male body....however emotionally and mentally the child is a girl.....the parents are supporting who their child is (emotionally and mentally) a girl...they love their child.

Again I think the parents deeply love their child and are supporting their child in who the child is and the child's choices.

I find nothing wrong with this.

edit on 27-10-2011 by caladonea because: correction

link   
Well everyone else has there opinion, so heres mine :

When your old enough to spell "transgender", then I think
it is OK. Obviously this kid doesn't know how to spell it.

Edit : My other opinion :
100% Guarantee the "boy" seen a "girl" doing something that "he" liked and one thing led to another...
edit on 27-10-2011 by Vandettas because: (no reason given)

link   
The Boy Scouts of America have The Explorer Posts which have both young men and women within it's ranks.

Really bothers you and I am sorry you feel this way, man. Tolerance to stuff like this helps your blood pressure ya know.

Cuhail

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Look, the bottom line is biology and physiology. If someone is a boy, yet their body is telling them they are a girl, they just can't "be" a boy. I say the same thing of homosexuality, and that people don't CHOOSE these things, they are born that way.

If I am wrong, then why is there homosexuality among over 1500 animal species? They act on pure instinct in almost everything they do, so it must be natural, and they were apparently born that way. An animal doesn't just decide, hey I think I will be gay.

It's no different in this case. This person is being who their body says they are, and THAT is natural, because THAT is biology. It's really common sense here. It's just that people let their prejudices get in the way, me included, but everyone should evaluate and attempt to understand these things, instead of getting angry at the person, in this case a child, themselves. Ridiculous.

Now does that mean this person should be allowed into the girl scouts? It is a tough question considering that there is no right answer. Either option will draw outrage, but the decision, in my opinion, should be what's best for the child. In this case what's best for the child is to be allowed to participate, and they made the right decision.

It will do zero harm to any of the other girls, and do wonders for the subject's self-esteem. She is already learning at a young age that people don't take kindly to anyone who is "different."

Oh, by the way, GENDER IDENTITY IS FORMED BY AGE 3!!! Look it up.

edit on 10/27/11 by JiggyPotamus because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   
What I find disgusting are the parents of this child.

Children this young don't make these kind of decisions. According to Erikson, sexual identity isn't determined until adolescence, and all other models of Developmental Psychology agree (except for Freud, but he had his own issues when it came to sex) that the last thing a child this age is thinking about is his or her sexuality.

This boy's mother obviously has some agenda, and I think they should be investigated for child abuse.
edit on 10/27/2011 by OldCorp because: (no reason given)

link   
have a few kids. One's a 14 year old girl who identifies as bisexual... and she's in girl scouts. would you worry about her trying to bust a move on one of her scout friends? If you do, you need to get your mind out of the gutter. Just cause my daughter likes girls doesn't mean she wants to make out with every one she meets.

A transgendered kid? I have no issues with that. I have no problems buying cookies from one either.

Equal rights for everyone, not just those who meet your sense of taste....

link   

Originally posted by caladonea
Physically the child is in a male body....however emotionally and mentally the child is a girl.....the parents are supporting who their child is (emotionally and mentally) a girl...they love their child.

Here is an article explaining more about transgender children...from Abc news and 20/20....

www.abcnews.go.com...

Again I think the parents deeply love their child and are supporting their child in who the child is and the child's choices.

This has everything to do with the girl scouts letting a male in.
It no longer is the girl scouts.

Why not have the *transgender* scouts
Ya that sounds freaking wonderful!
edit on 27-10-2011 by popsmayhem because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   
This child feels that he is a girl. It's not his fault his brain is wired the way it is...By treating him as abnormal, or inferior to 'girls' destroys is own identity-causing far more harm than just allowing him to be a her.

Little boys or girls who aren't allowed to feel the way they feel end up as the J. Edgar Hoover's of the world: spiteful, distrustful, and intolerant themselves.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by popsmayhem

What do you want to do about it?

Should we punch this kid square in the face? Make him cry and call him "weird"?

It's funny because that's what I get from the way your posts are structured and that crazy avatar--with that skeleton face steadily flying at me. Kinda quick and violent.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   

This is NOT normal no matter how you want to dress it up.
What kind of parental enabling is being had?
Scouts being Politically Correct way too much.
Down with it all!

OP, you are entitled to your opinion, but how would you feel if a transgenered female wanted to join the cub scouts? No offense but what sort of message are you sending to the world as far as acceptance goes?

This is really sad, that it is 2011 and there has to be a distinction in these groups as far as any sex is concerned. These groups should all be lumped together now. There is nothing that a group of boys should be separated from learning that girls do, and visa versa. Children in this day and age should be learning togetherness rather than separatism.

Are you buying thin mint cookies
when this boy dressed as a girl comes knocking on your door?

So in essance, you are judging a book by it's cover. As a matter of fact, if the boy you highlight showed up at my door to sell cookies, why wouldn't I? This is a gorgeous child, making it perfectly clear that he wants to sell cookies, and nothing more. The only reason a child like this might think differently is due in part by judgemental people like yourself.

Would the cookies taste any differently based on who is selling them?
edit on 27-10-2011 by supine because: quote

link   

It's amazing how on a site dedicated to finding the Truth, there are so many people against letting people discover their true selves. Identifying oneself as transgender has been linked to a number of physiological causes. So, it is not brainwashing, as you claim, but a product of nature.

link   
as long as they are selling girls scout cookies

i could care less what else they do

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by OldCorp
What I find disgusting are the parents of this child.

Children this young don't make these kind of decisions. According to Erikson, sexual identity isn't determined until adolescence, and all other models of Developmental Psychology agree (except for Freud, but he had his own issues when it came to sex) that the last thing a child this age is thinking about is his or her sexuality.

This boy's parent obviously have some agenda, and I think they should be investigated for child abuse.

That is where I believe this is stemming from the parents!

This is not an adult making the decision to be transgender.
This is a child that is having that decision made FOR him.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   
For clarification, Boy Scouts are not the same organization as Girl Scouts. They are independent of each other and, from what I recall, have different origins.

Boy Scouts of America don't allow homosexuals as adult scout leaders from what I recall. I'm not so sure that the Girl Scouts have the same restrictions.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by yadda333

What do you want to do about it?

Should we punch this kid square in the face? Make him cry and call him "weird"?

It's funny because that's what I get from the way your posts are structured and that crazy avatar--with that skeleton face steadily flying at me. Kinda quick and violent.

End all the scouts if they can not be human!!

Boy scouts for boys girl scouts for girls.

I don't want my daughter in girl scouts with a male!!

END OF STORY!

BOYCOTT THE SCOUTS!!

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   
OP sounds like a bully that never grew up.

Kids these days have enough grief and pain to worry about coming from their peers.

If the other scouts don't object, then butt out.

link   

Are you buying thin mint cookies
when this boy dressed as a girl comes knocking on your door?

Did somebody say cookies?

I really don't care who's selling those delicious cookies.

I'm going to buy them anyway.

I’ll take two boxes of Thin Mints and two boxes of Macaroons please!

link   
reply to post by OldCorp

You're actually a bit off there. Developmental psychology places the formation of sexual identity to around 5-10 years of age.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   

I notice you're all too quick to agree with those who are as hateful as yourself, but you have no responses for those of us who offered an actual argument?

What's wrong with equality? Is there a reason you're preaching segregation?

What has a transgendered child done to one of your "normal" children?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join