It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Transgender boy's attempt to join Girl Scouts initially rejected

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by smileypants

You have LGBT "friends". that's funny considering most people keep friends who they truly respect despite their differences. How I would love to have a friend that liked me as far as what I had to offer them, but still wouldn't accept my lifestyle, genetics and lovers.

I love my friends very dearly. That does not mean that I agree with all of their actions.

Again, you are trying to force a square peg into a round hole.

And I recommend reading some stories about the kids who've killed themselves because sometimes their own parents were the ones trying to "correct" their behavior. Good parenting?

Perhaps the parents went around it the wrong way. Perhaps it was a mixture of things.

Who knows?

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 10:53 PM
link   
reply to post by TechniXcality

What was listed in my last post is general descriptions common to the vast majority of the population, and naturally, there are variations thereof (such as women who are excellent at mathematics, and men who are wonderful at child care).

The fact that you write that you are too drunk to answer coherently, and also wrote that if I knew anything about anything, I wouldn't have posted that, is just too funny. Sorry if solid scientific facts based on brain science confuse and annoy you.

Most women cannot hold their alcohol and usually make fools of themselves when inebriated, hence your posts.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by smileypants

Originally posted by Lemon.Fresh
reply to post by smileypants

With this boy as an example,

The mother needs to push the child to do more things that are acceptable for his gender and not coddle and encourage his issues, and the father needs to help pull the kid in that direction while not mocking or belittling him.

edit on 10/27/2011 by Lemon.Fresh because: (no reason given)

Oh really, if only it were that simple... Do you have kids?

It is quite simple. I have four children, as I stated earlier.

I enjoy parenting. But I realize I am a parent and not a best friend. Everything does not fly around my house. I train my children to do what is right. If they deviate from that path when they have moved out of my house, that is on them. I will still love them as only a parent can love them, but I WILL NOT approve of their actions.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 10:57 PM
link   
reply to post by FissionSurplus

off topic, but reading the finger thing was cool.

How about when the second toe is longer than the big toe?

Always freaks me the hell out.

Originally posted by Cosmic911
reply to post by thePharaoh

"you knew you wanted a stiffy in your anus at 7."

No, son...I'm a top, I wanted to put my stiffy in someone else's anus.

TMI dude, TMI

lol

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by FissionSurplus

Most women cannot hold their alcohol and usually make fools of themselves when inebriated, hence your posts.

Since we are on the ridiculous generalizations train . . .

I wonder how well this boy can read maps, and how well he will be able to drive when he gets older.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Lemon.Fresh

A crime done against one person by another is a crime, no matter who commits it. Rapists, murderers and pedophiles were not born that way. They choose to hurt others for a variety of reasons, but it is most definitely a choice to do so.

I am really surprised at the lack of clarity on this subject. To compare somebody who is homosexual to murderers and rapists just astounds me.

Let me make this crystal clear for the homophobes out there: I don't care what people do in the privacy of their bedroom, as long as nobody is getting hurt and no laws are being broken. It's none of my business. People that obsess over it and try to make it their business probably have homosexual issues within themselves that they cannot deal with, so they take the hate out on those who exhibit the same behaviors they fear and loathe inside themselves.

I was simply trying to shed some light on this subject, but there's a few of y'all who are so wrapped up in homo hate that you cannot see the forest for the trees.

As for me, I have better things to do with my time than trying to inject logic and science into a snarky little hate fest. If you are so disgusted by homosexuals, take it up with God, he's the one that created the biological processes which occasionally misfire.

Good night, all!

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 11:13 PM
link   
holy snap, 18 pages...

deleting my comment from a first page post...
edit on 27/10/2011 by Ha`la`tha because: deleted.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 11:20 PM
link   

What was listed in my last post is general descriptions common to the vast majority of the population, and naturally, there are variations thereof (such as women who are excellent at mathematics, and men who are wonderful at child care).

The fact that you write that you are too drunk to answer coherently, and also wrote that if I knew anything about anything, I wouldn't have posted that, is just too funny. Sorry if solid scientific facts based on brain science confuse and annoy you.

First I did not state im to drunk to answer coherently, this is just another one of your scientific observations. Lol. Actually in all reality im to drunk to answer, because im lazy, when im drunk. Psychological biology is a joke. The name is contradictory to what it represents. so you take a x number of individuals and say these are the biological predispositions of your baby( even though we truly can only detect, the functions of dna which are debatable, not the algorithm) Then you say to x individuals your penis has been cut short. So we should make you females, however a certain number of these so called "females". Choose to be male, how can you prove psychological function at such an age? Such as 13 weeks? Now I may not be grammatically correct as I am lazy, and don’t use spell check. But your theorys are just that, THEORYS.
edit on 27-10-2011 by TechniXcality because: (no reason given)

here i used spell check
edit on 27-10-2011 by TechniXcality because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 11:27 PM
link   

I would suggest looking into the field of cognitive neuroscience to see how far psychology has come. This is the empirical science that Wundt tried designing all those years ago. If you're actually interested in the subject I would suggest checking out some books by V.S. Ramachandran or Oliver Sacks. They're both very accessible and entertaining in their writing and they show just what kind of behaviors even a tiny change in the brain can cause.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Comments in OP are disgusting.

Nuff said.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcalibur254

I would suggest looking into the field of cognitive neuroscience to see how far psychology has come. This is the empirical science that Wundt tried designing all those years ago. If you're actually interested in the subject I would suggest checking out some books by V.S. Ramachandran or Oliver Sacks. They're both very accessible and entertaining in their writing and they show just what kind of behaviors even a tiny change in the brain can cause.

LOL ok, what are the consequenses of direct perception vs. inderect perception?

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 12:01 AM
link   

A crime done against one person by another is a crime, no matter who commits it. Rapists, murderers and pedophiles were not born that way. They choose to hurt others for a variety of reasons, but it is most definitely a choice to do so.

I am really surprised at the lack of clarity on this subject. To compare somebody who is homosexual to murderers and rapists just astounds me.

We all have the ability to rape, murder, and steal, lie, etc. We ARE born that way. The normal people do not act on their impulses, because they were taught by their parents and society not to. The ones that do act on them do not get to lead a normal life.

Saying that, all of those values are taught by parenting and society in general.

Just as how we can see cannibalism as being immoral and wrong, some tribe in Africa thinks that there is absolutely nothing wrong with the practice.

The problem is that the LGBT movement is going up against 1000's of years of social conditioning saying that homosexuality is immoral. (Note: Yes, Roman's and Greeks, and a few other cultures embraced homosexuality, but the Semitic religions do not, and a great majority of our society fall within this social background). They want it to be seen as moral.

That is where I make the comparison. Everyone is born with the ability to love someone. The same as everyone is born with the ability to rape, murder, steal, lie, etc. Society makes a demand on the moral code that it will use, and we all have the choice to follow that code, or stray from it. It is ridiculous to think that if one strays from the moral code that society has in place, society will just shrug it off. Whether it be homosexuality, rape, murder, or anything else.

Good parenting and society will train their young to follow the moral code that has been established. If a person deviates from that, he does not get to live a normal life.

And the animal kingdom argument fits here as well. Yes, there are many species that practice homosexuality. There are also many species that practice rape, murder, theft, etc. The difference is that humans have the ability to resist the urges and follow the moral code set up by society, where animals do not. They follow their base instincts.

Let me make this crystal clear for the homophobes out there

. . .

I am not a homophobe. I guess you missed the part where I state that I have quite a few LGBT friends.
edit on 10/28/2011 by Lemon.Fresh because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lemon.Fresh
I am not a homophobe. I guess you missed the part where I state that I have quite a few LGBT friends.

You can state that all night long, doesn't mean it's true. We can still read all of your other posts. Duh.

"Er some of my best friends are the gays."
Too much.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by ColAngus

You can state that all night long, doesn't mean it's true. We can still read all of your other posts. Duh.

"Er some of my best friends are the gays."
Too much.

I am sorry that it breaks the paradigm you have set up in your head.

Like I said. I love everyone. We are all human, after all.

That does not mean that I approve of everyone's actions.

If my brother murders someone, I will still love him. But I do not approve with him murdering.

Me not approving of his murdering does not mean that I hate all murderers, same as me not approving of the sexual preferences of my friends does not mean that I hate homosexuals.

Again . . . square peg, round hole.

Edit: Go ahead. Read my posts. Please show me exactly where I stated that I have an irrational fear, with the implication of antipathy, contempt, prejudice, and aversion towards people who are homosexual.

You implied that it is easy to prove.. Just read my posts. Right? I will be waiting for that proof.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 01:03 AM
link   
LOL at the people making a big deal about what this kid did to her toys.
When I was little, I had a cabbage patch doll that I not only drew a line on, I actually cut along that line, pretended to do an operation, then proceeded to stitch it up and put a bandage on it. Sometimes I would give my dolls elbow slings or casts. I would also pop the heads off and switch them with different bodies.
It's called pretending, something most kids do!

If the same thing were done to animals, of course, that would be a huge problem. But children are smart enough to realize toys aren't real and have no feelings like living beings, thus they treat them differently.
By the way, decades later, I still haven't turned into a serial killer or some kind of mad scientist doing experiments on people(or animals).

I also didn't have a problem with them being naked...what's wrong with nudity?
Sometimes I would strip all of them in order to wash all their clothes, or I would organize their clothes, etc. Sometimes I would lose their clothes, or they would be borrowed by a friend. They're just dolls, and anatomically incorrect dolls at that!

As far as the girl being allowed into the girl scouts? I don't understand why people are making such a big deal about it. Of course she should be allowed to join, it won't be injuring or inconveniencing anyone as far as I can tell. And I would definitely buy cookies from her, no question.
Sorry, but I'll never boycott the girl scouts. Even if they're taken over by Alien-Zombie-Face-Eating-Terrorists from Mars, I still couldn't resist those cookies.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 01:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Astrithr

I agree its no big deal, If she is a boy and see her self act and be a girl then what would being with another girl be a problem? OP you are just acting on a belief system programmed to you from when you grew up.Boy who is interested in girl things is not a problem, murder and thief's are a problem, ect... I hope you find the love in your heart to accept everything that serves or is in the light

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 01:24 AM
link   

Me not approving of his murdering does not mean that I hate all murderers, same as me not approving of the sexual preferences of my friends does not mean that I hate homosexuals. Again . . . square peg, round hole.

This has got to be the most bigoted BS i have ever seen. Equating dressing like a girl to murder?

I was willing to read and accept points of view but if this is what the opposition is arguing then I say PANTIES FOR EVERY MAN.

Have a nice day.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 01:39 AM
link   

By the moral code of whom, exactly? Either there is a moral absolute, or everyone can make up their own moral code, and anything goes.

By moral code of Girl scouts organisation and by my moral code.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 01:41 AM
link   
reply to post by popsmayhem

i think if his parents really cared about his upbringing, then they would have relized that they should all move to vegas, san francisco, chelsea piers ny or maybe provincetown to be fully accepted in a transgender community, why have the child grow up around others who are not use to this because you all know as well as i do that child is going to be picked on no matter what during the years unless they are a community as a whole that can accept his decision. but what i also dont understand is, was this idea his or his parents' idea to have him become a girl...if it was his parents i would be ashamed for them to make this kind of decision at such a young age, let him live life and find out what he wants to be WHEN HES OLD ENOUGH TO MAKE THAT DECISION ALONE. if it was his decision i hope hes mature for his age because that would still be a harsh decision to make. like i said, kids of the general masses are not supportive of this kind of thing and i hope his whole family has looked over every aspect of this insted of just being like, "Hes Happy and this is what he wants so we allow it"...theres a lot to look at here....

but i would definetly buy samoas from him any day!

dont take what i wrote as an attack, actually think about the situation a little bit then yell at me.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 01:43 AM
link   
reply to post by FissionSurplus

Rapists, murderers and pedophiles were not born that way. They choose to hurt others for a variety of reasons, but it is most definitely a choice to do so.

Lets clarify this. Pedophiles and psychopaths did not choose to be that way, genes and/or early environmental effects made them that way. It is not illegal to be a psychopath or pedophile. Only actually hurting others or raping children is when the choice comes in, and also illegality.

new topics

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join