It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Transgender boy's attempt to join Girl Scouts initially rejected

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   

"If a child identifies as a girl and the child's family presents her as a girl, Girl Scouts of Colorado welcomes her as a Girl Scout."

Felisha Archuleta, Bobby's mom, was first told by the local troop over the phone that she could enroll her son.

"Bobby identifies as a girl, and he's a boy," Felisha Archuleta told KUSA-TV.

But the state organization previously told KUSA-TV, "Our requests for support of transgender kids have grown, and Girl Scouts of Colorado is working to best support these children, their families and the volunteers who serve them.

"In this case, an associate delivering our program was not aware of our approach."

Little boy wants to be a girl scout

Fortunately, the troop leader’s views are not reflective of the organization’s. When Girl Scouts of Colorado heard about the situation, it issued the following statement, and set about getting Bobby signed up for Girl Scouts:
Girl Scouts is an inclusive organization and we accept all girls in Kindergarten through 12th grade as members. If a child identifies as a girl and the child’s family presents her as a girl, Girl Scouts of Colorado welcomes her as a Girl Scout. Our requests for support of transgender kids have grown, and Girl Scouts of Colorado is working to best support these children, their families and the volunteers who serve them. In this case, an associate delivering our program was not aware of our approach. She contacted her supervisor, who immediately began working with the family to get the child involved and supported in Girl Scouts. We are accelerating our support systems and training so that we’re better able to serve all girls, families and volunteers.
Girl Scouts go boy crazy

The scouts are supporting transgender children to join.
Is this terrible parenting? A mind wash?
Transgender Bobby is a boy. In no way should a boy be allowed into *GIRL* scouts!!
I find it particular interesting that gays are not allowed but transgenders are OK.
Is this boy just a transgender? Or a homosexual?
How would you feel with your daughter in the scouts with a transgender boy?
What now? Separate tents?
They go into the woods on a trip now there is a boy in the tent with the girls
but it is just fine because it is a transgender boy?
Little Bobby living as a girl own free will?
Or parents allowing or pushing
this child into this crap?
This is NOT normal no matter how you want to dress it up.
What kind of parental enabling is being had?
Scouts being Politically Correct way too much.
Down with it all!

Are you buying thin mint cookies
when this boy dressed as a girl comes knocking on your door?

Watch the video THIS IS NOT NORMAL!!

Is it normal for children to draw lines down there barbie dolls like there
doing an autopsy?? All the while keeping the barbie dolls naked?

edit on 27-10-2011 by popsmayhem because: (no reason given)

edit on Thu Oct 27 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: shortrened first quote, title change to source title

+52 more 
posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   
I'm sure the kid just wishes he could be "normal" like everyone else, but not everyone is the same. There's nothing disgusting about it apart from peoples lack of tolerance to difference.

+58 more 
posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   
I find the attitude of the OP far more disturbing than the content itself.

I might be happier right now if my parents had been even 10% as open-minded as this child's.
edit on 27-10-2011 by elliotmtl because: (no reason given)

+23 more 
posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   
I think it's terrible how you find it so disgusting. If he wants to be a girl, I wouldn't stop him integrating himself into a female club, it would be good for his female development if that's what he wants.
Cases like these are becoming more common, people trying to hinder their developmental progress are the problem.
And hells yeah, I'd be buying cookies if he knocked on my door.
What now, people are going to avoid them because of his preference to be treated as the opposite gender?
Just because he wants to be a girl doesn't make him a sexual predator. When girl scouts camp, there is always an adult within the tent or very close by at hand, I'd let him camp with the other girls. He wants to be one, not attack them.
And yeah, I guess when the time comes, he could be considered homosexual from his original gender point of view, but he could also be a lesbian.
Transitions would be much easier for transgendered people WITHOUT all the hostility, lack of knowledge and understanding and fear from outsiders. It doesn't make them less of a person whether they choose to be male, female or purple.
edit on 27-10-2011 by Lulzaroonie because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr
I'm sure the kid just wishes he could be "normal" like everyone else, but not everyone is the same. There's nothing disgusting about it apart from peoples lack of tolerance to difference.

Let him join BOY scouts and dress up as a girl!!!

Chaz Bono syndrome infecting the minds of young people?

+6 more 
posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Idk, I grew up in a world where boys played with GI Joes and girls played with barbies, if you were a boy and wanted to play with barbies, you did so in your own room and in private, you didn't run out into the middle of the street and start screaming you liked to play with barbies and demand everyone to accept you as completely normal.

Thats just me though....

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by popsmayhem

Can't he join campfire?

the co-ed version of boy/girl scouts

+11 more 
posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Are you buying thin mint cookies
when this boy dressed as a girl comes knocking on your door?

I would happily buy the cookies.

Are you really this narrowed minded and predudiced?

Need to work on yourself, then. Get busy.

+4 more 
posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   

If someone wants to dress a certain way then they can.

Who are you to say they can't, that its disgusting, and that it shouldn't be allowed.

You're a nobody in this situation and its not your decision, nor mine, nor the puppet Gov. for that matter.

Let it be...

I find your statements repugnant...

+9 more 
link   
Dear OP. I bet someone somewhere finds you disgusting.

+3 more 
link   

Or just let him join the girls and keep your nose out of it, how about that?

+2 more 
link   
I HAVE to say that the topic being discussed has NOTHING to do with me and my stance on the issue is:

It doesn't affect me in any way.

The OP, though, kinda makes me sad.

It must affect him personally.

Cuhail

link   

Originally posted by Lysergic

Can't he join campfire?

the co-ed version of boy/girl scouts

Colorado Scouts are in full support of the boy joining
girl scouts!! I think the co-ed thing would be good.

Or even let him join boy scouts and dress as a girl.

This crap is warped!!

This is not TWO consenting drag queens or homosexuals.

This is not an adult making a life choice to be homosexual..

This is a child that is being brainwashed.

Child protection services need to check this family out!!

+5 more 
link   

I don't think this is anything to get all worked up over. It's not like 75% of the male population has decided to become transgender and join the girl scouts.

Yes, I would buy some cookies from that kid. Of course, I'm not a jack ass.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   
What would be better? Going to the Boy Scouts? Imagine how the treatment would be.

How is it disgusting? It's definitely unfortunate and a hard issue to tackle. Especially when your trying to please both sides. How do you teach your kids to not discriminate, tolerance and acceptance if you do just the opposite?

I'm sure appropriate measures for the children would be done as far as sleeping arrangements.

If a little boy came dressed like a girl to my door selling cookies I would say, "Two boxes of Mints, please".

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by popsmayhem

Originally posted by woodwardjnr

Let him join BOY scouts and dress up as a girl!!!

Chaz Bono syndrome infecting the minds of young people?

do you just not ever think before you type? (infecting?) that is a poor choice of a word. and comments like the above are not funny as well.

link   

Originally posted by yadda333

I don't think this is anything to get all worked up over. It's not like 75% of the male population has decided to become transgender and join the girl scouts.

Yes, I would buy some cookies from that kid. Of course, I'm not a jack ass.

This about mixing the GIRL scouts with a male!!

Might as well not even have boy or girl scouts!!

Make it coed!!

If they are going to have BOY scouts then it is only for boys

If they are going to have GIRL scouts it is only for girls!!

This is ridiculous.

link   
They just wanted some free tag-a-longs.

Fail.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Poor kid.

Doesn't deserve how hard his / her life is going to be.

If I were his parents, I would strongly discourage him from identifying as a female.

I think it would be easier for him in his formative years to accept his ascribed gender role.

Tough one for sure.

+6 more 
posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   
I've been looking at a lot of posts on here lately and a lot of them are so full of hate, that it is hard to contain myself at times. I am a heterosexual man, I have a 2 year old son, so I think that gives me a little bit of leeway to voice my opinion.

Why do you care? If the child associates herself (himself) as a girl by choice, then who are you to tell that person otherwise? Who are you to define what is "normal?"

This is a child joining the girl scouts and you're jumping to the conclusion that the child might be doing it for sexual pleasure? Are you serious? When I was in elementary school, I was 99% sure that every girl had cooties, was mean, and played with dolls. There was never a time where my mind was thinking these blasphemous statements you're spouting off about.

If I had a daughter in the girl scouts and this issue came to light, it wouldn't make one bit of difference to me. Why? Because I believe in equality. If the boy was just now starting to dress as a girl to get into the scouts, that would be a completely different story. The child wants to express themselves how they want, neither you nor I have the right to tell them otherwise.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join