It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Veterans with AR15s protecting Occupy Phoenix

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by FOXMULDER147
reply to post by muzzleflash

Yeah I get that. But there's no 'insurgency' here to back them up. They're alone.

Movements tend to grow in size and metamorphose into an altogether more violent critter after people have died for it and the enemy has shown their true colors. I'm sure these guys are fully aware of their chances if some sh*t went down. The interviewee said it himself, they were there simply to protect the protesters and the constitution because they took an oath as soldiers. They know what the stakes are if the police are given the go ahead to bust some skulls

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 07:50 PM
link   

It's cool what they're doing but if the crap hit the fan these guys would be dead in 30 seconds. They're massively outnumbered, so in reality their guns are little more than props...

Not quite. You forget these men are outfitted for fighting similarly outfitted enemies. The police, by contrast, are outfitted for conflicts with lightly armed civilians. Even with them being massively outnumbered, I would relish seeing the beatdown they would very likely hand the riot police.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Im a current us marine stationed in cali Im from AZ, the guys I work with have gone to AZ seen how the state is run and love it there if anything ever went down Id go UA and fight for my state and they would as well. if it came to a civil war im sure majority of the military would join the citizens.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Blundo

This is one of the best moves Occupy could take. It's frightening that it has gone this far but very exciting that it is happening. About time we stop getting pushed around. As long as these guys stay calm and cool this is a great thing.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Now that's the way to protest...AR's & Multicam, it's a beautiful thing!

Unfortunately, this might be the only way we will be heard. By fighting for our Constitutional rights. Just too bad it's illegal to carry firearms in most states. If you tried this at OWS, the police would open up on you.
I want to move to Arizona!

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by RatoAstuto

reply to post by muzzleflash

Yeah I get that. But there's no 'insurgency' here to back them up. They're alone.

Movements tend to grow in size and metamorphose into an altogether more violent critter after people have died for it and the enemy has shown their true colors. I'm sure these guys are fully aware of their chances if some sh*t went down. The interviewee said it himself, they were there simply to protect the protesters and the constitution because they took an oath as soldiers. They know what the stakes are if the police are given the go ahead to bust some skulls

I think its important to note that these guys are only alone for the initial minutes of an onslaught. They represent the people, and we the people are going to back them up. No doubt about it.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by camaro68ss

Originally posted by Anttyk47
reply to post by camaro68ss

I say we don't listen to you

So your just going to sit there and take it when fired at with rubber bullets. I know not to stand next to you in a protest.

The goverment should always fear its people!
edit on 27-10-2011 by camaro68ss because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-10-2011 by camaro68ss because: (no reason given)

thats why i bring my catchers mitt and mask. sell em for a fortune on Ebay
edit on 27-10-2011 by CaDreamer because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   
I like guns but this is too much. I can just hear the discussions about armed terrorist at the ows protests. Nice excuse to involve the military in terrorist abatement. Helicopter gun ships or predator drones to take out the terrorist maybe. This will end badly for the terrorist. TPTB just need to get someone infiltrated to open fire on the cops or civilian bystanders and broadcast it on the evening news. Terrorism and/or insurrection nicely bypasses the Posse Comitatus Act.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

When peaceful protest is met with armed resistance the peace has already been broken. Any chance at a peaceful protest was over as soon as the police showed up with their arsenal of weapons. Get real. Nobody wants violence but when you are met with violence and the rule of law is a myth than one has little choice. Reading your posts it seems to me like you are living in this sort of dreamworld, I think you need to wake up and see the violence that is being used by the opposition.

Anyhow, these fine people are simply there exercising their rights. what is your problem with that? Guns don't equal violence, in fact, guns usually deter violence. If not, the law of equal force applies to all.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 08:33 PM
link   
This certainly takes it up a notch yet it's our right to take these actions. Years of fluoride abuse has not made all men into sheep.
It TPTB want to escalate this to another level, there is nothing peaceful people can do to stop it from happening. Their favorite tool of manipulation is the false flag. At some point we have to stand united and empowered. Let's not fear our own power and our abilities to correct the direction the hijackers are taking us.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 08:52 PM
link   
I think having peaceful, armed protesters like this guy will help keep police in line. They'll probably think twice before using unnecessary force. However, the interviewer almost killed this video for me. Talk about preaching to the choir.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Blundo

This is amazing! Maybe there is hope after all. I love it.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by camaro68ss

why is it that people are so aphrensive to fighting back? we have the right too. i dont know where to stand in this hole situation the world is in. on any aspect. politial,ecomony, enviormental etc etc etc. this # weighs on you and you cant help but wonder when someone will step in and say WHAT THE #!?!?!?!?!! ever so polietly and elequently to the hole world. this is madness people. pure madness and its not even the tip of the ice burg of madness to come. buckle up tight or keep your head in the sand or lock and load. do what you gotta do to enjoy the ride while it lasts

link   

Originally posted by Bramble Iceshimmer
I like guns but this is too much. I can just hear the discussions about armed terrorist at the ows protests. Nice excuse to involve the military in terrorist abatement. Helicopter gun ships or predator drones to take out the terrorist maybe. This will end badly for the terrorist. TPTB just need to get someone infiltrated to open fire on the cops or civilian bystanders and broadcast it on the evening news. Terrorism and/or insurrection nicely bypasses the Posse Comitatus Act.

There are no terrorists. There never were. Our govt tricked radical muslims into following through with a half baked plot that actually worked.

There never has been any boogy men. Its all been a steaming pile so Halliburton and the contractors could begin freely raping the treasury. Now we are bankrupt just like the soviet union when they tried to take afghanistan.

link   
reply to post by MeesterB

Yes it was a bit like preaching to the choir, but I think it was hoped that the vid would get a lot of views and maybe some people who aren't as educated in what the realities are would get a chance to see.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   
To me , this is the most thing Army has done in my lifetime.
Seriously this is pretty cool. These are my kind of soldiers.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by MeesterB

Interviewer reminded me of the drunk jackass at a party that won't leave you alone. He irritated me quite a bit.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Blundo

"J.T. Ready", look him up before just calling him a hero, and judge for yourself.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Too bad the Democrats want to take guns away.

Irony.

Thank god JT is a conservative.

edit on 10/27/2011 by Section31 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555
Anytime the violent creeps show up they destroy whatever protest they invade. They are not the good guys and their is nothing funny about a nut with a gun unless its pointed at their own head.

You have a point, there. Cops always bring weapons to protests, and they always wind up using them on unarmed people. Like you said, violent creeps, not the good guys ...

I don't remeber ever seeing cops in the US attack armed protestors, does anyone else?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join