It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Search for Alien 'Footprints': Scientist Rethinks Hunt for E.T.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   
I'm putting this in Ancient & Lost Civilizations instead of UFOs or whatever as I believe it adds to the discussion on whether aliens showed up earlier on earth and influence civilization x, y or z.

www.space.com...

Seems to be a scientist 'thinking outside the box', 'opening his mind' and all the other fringe terms! lol

So is this a helpful step or a animadverting mis step?

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Hanslune

That's exactly what the Ancient Aliens TV show is all about.
If you haven't seen it before..
..turn on the History channel, and take a look.
It is good.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Nice article. I happen to be fond of Paul Davies and enjoy reading his books. I really like how he thinks outside the box and mainstream. Here is a video some may find interesting. It has 5 parts to it.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   
I really think that if we ever actually find evidence of extraterrestrial life or civilizations, it will be a result of spectrographic readings of the atmosphere of a planet around another star. Any alien with half a brain looking at the spectrum of our atmosphere will see the unmistakable signs of directed, "artificial" activity. Not just traces, either. It's obvious. Maybe someday we'll see the same thing.

The problem with searching for traces of alien activity on our own planet is one of differentiating it from our own activity. We'll be looking for aliens who are kind of like us, and as a result, their traces are naturally going to look like things we do or have done.

Unless they made really obvious signs, which they obviously haven't.

And then, at the end of the day, we're still going to be stuck with the problem of differentiating the activity of real aliens with the activity of our own human time travelers fiddling around with the past (or future, or alternate timelines, or whatever, depending how you look at it). Yeah, they're technically "alien." But, come on...

new topics

top topics

join